PDA

View Full Version : Funny but true, Hellllppppp!!!!!

bigoldkid
04-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Hi folks.
I picked mousellaneous because this is probably the best place for help. This may be funny, but hey maybe you all got some kind of Grandma help for me or honest to goodness help.
So far I've been to Disney World twice. In 2004 and 2006. In September both times. I love it. I'm from Pennsylvania. Both of those times I've come back home to PA. with a knock down cold. First time I got sick was as soon as I landed in PA. The second time was the last day at Disney world, and was dragging myself around at one of the parks. Each time cold lasted almost a week. Not air sick, but a knock down cold. May of been the plane from the closed in air. Maybe the climate in Florida. Soooo, do any of ya-all have a good cure for this? I want to keep going back to DW, but enjoy it. Please help a big old kid. Thanks, Jim

HndrdPrcnt
04-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Jim -

First of all :welcome: !!!

As far as your question, I am personally a BIG believer in Airborne. I usually take it starting the day before I leave for a trip to the day after I get back. So far, I have been 100% healthy on all trips with this practice.

Give it a try. I can't guarantee you that you will keep from getting sick, but it has worked for me.

jkj1224
04-06-2007, 09:42 PM
definately try the airborne, when I lived in Washington I used to get colds when I came to florida because of going in and out of the ac and then reacclimating to the temps at home. But the airborne worked wonders for me.

Jasper
04-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Ask any doctor and they will tell you that the change in climate or going from cold to hot or the opposite will not cause colds. However, if you do allow yourself to get rundown from long hours of vacation or whatever you become more susceptable to picking up a cold. While using Airborne can't hurt, the best advice is to try as best you can to maintain a decent amount of rest and eat decent healthy meals. Both of these things are often in short supply while on vacation for many people. Oh, I just remembered, if you are normally a light or moderate drinker of alchohol and you drink quite a bit more than normal while on vacation that can also take a toll on your body and allow you to become susceptable to germs.

bigoldkid
04-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Greetings again.
Thanks for the Welcome, and I'll sure will try those suggestions.
I think in maybe 2008, I will try to go to DW around Christmas time. I plan to retire before then. Right now I work on a municipality for over 19 years, and of course have to stick around on the job whenever it snows. So going to Florida while it may be snowing hear and the crew won't have to depend on me anymore, will be one big enjoyment for me. Hmmmm, I think I'll get one of those countdown clocks. Jim

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Welcome to Intercot.
I was just talking to some people at work today and they swar by Airborne too.
And don't forget-wash your hands often.

Tick-Tock
04-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Wash your hands often (not just a quick rinse, but a thorough scrubbing). You may want to consider using antiseptic wipes or Purel occasionally as well.

TiggerRPh
04-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi folks.
I picked mousellaneous because this is probably the best place for help. This may be funny, but hey maybe you all got some kind of Grandma help for me or honest to goodness help.
So far I've been to Disney World twice. In 2004 and 2006. In September both times. I love it. I'm from Pennsylvania. Both of those times I've come back home to PA. with a knock down cold. First time I got sick was as soon as I landed in PA. The second time was the last day at Disney world, and was dragging myself around at one of the parks. Each time cold lasted almost a week. Not air sick, but a knock down cold. May of been the plane from the closed in air. Maybe the climate in Florida. Soooo, do any of ya-all have a good cure for this? I want to keep going back to DW, but enjoy it. Please help a big old kid. Thanks, Jim

More than likely it's the plane....the best thing you can do is get plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids...especially on the plane.

We drove in February and it's one of the few times that we didn't get colds when we got back home.