PDA

View Full Version : first ever trip report!

busterthebronco
04-06-2007, 05:29 PM
i hope im doing this right.
we just got back (friday 4/6)

day one-
1.swam in quiet pool.:vacation: not too crowded at all.
nice size pool with game room and food/drink poolside. hot tub. big playground. (someone left some charcoal they never used which was nice for somebody,but the CM working the turtle shack was not a happy person.)
2.DW stayed later than buster jr and i did so she was sweet enough to bring lunch up from the shack.
3.played pool and messed with a mechanical horse while we waited on a sea raycer to come back. the community hall area was very nice and we allways enjoy having these at DVC resorts.
4.rented the sea racer. :boat: DS is old enough to drive this year and enjoyed it.
it was a slow boat though.
we managed to ride out to DTD and back upriver to POR.
5.MK :mjump:
a.parked at the POLY thanks to ya'lls tip.
worked out grand as we got to see the lighting of the tiki torches ceremony in front of the resort! big drums,dancing,and fire! :tikki: what more is there really?
b.rode in the front of the monorail! what a treat! just look up there and give the guy a look see and he'll give the come on up signal if he has nobody in there with him.
c.laugh floor.
how fun! :haha: it was very funny. my text joke got through and they used it! i think if you are good at texting and have a decent clean joke (thats the hard part) you can be a star! as if that wasnt cool enough i got in the show too as an interactive crowd member. the show is basically a comedy club with monsters telling the jokes and completely interacting with us! the timing of the jokes and the improv is so fun. highly recomend this show! :thumbsup:
d.too crowded for big rides. :down:
e.had ressie's for CRT and they let us under the rope to go into the castle right before wishes. the view from the top of the steps looking out on the crowd in front was very kewl. we felt like rock fans with backstage passes.
f.picture with cindy. she was lovely and seemed to be sweet on buster jr (12).
g.fireworks while eating!
the dinner first of all was tops, add wishes flashing in the huge stained glass windows and instant magic.
h.as if we weren't feeling special enough the fairy godmother and the mice came out and put on a wonderful show complete with special affects lighting. this is a must do. the ADR guy on the phone suggested the dinner be during wishes which is a perfect fit for us as we are night owls.
6.when we got back to OKW our rooms ac was dripping from the ceiling. i called engineering and they came right out even at 1:30 a.m.!with him was housekeeping ladies who really made us comfortable telling stories and listening to ours as they cleaned up :mop:
great job disney! the guy had things fixed before we knew it. i cant tell you how fun the ladies were ya'll.it was just neat.
thanks for listening and i'll post more soon!
this could hjave been the best first day ever.
i love intercot!

faline
04-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Great start to your trip!

BriarRose0708
04-06-2007, 05:42 PM
aw, sorry the crowds put a cramp in your trip, but at least it sounds like you and your family enjoyed what you were able to do! And there's always next time!

ElenitaB
04-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks for your first ever trip report!

Sounds like a great first day. Which boats are the Sea Raycers? I saw people renting the big platoon boats when we were at OKW last November and that looked like a LOT of fun.

Dining during Wishes sounds really nice... might have to try that some time. How did your DS react to Cindy's attention? At that age, you never know just how they'll react.

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

busterthebronco
04-06-2007, 08:34 PM
he was shy and all grins.
he has no sister so girls are completely foreign to him.
i always tell him they are foreign to all of us guys.;)
she was very pretty so it was wonderful to see him react so gentlemanly (sp?):blush:

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
04-07-2007, 05:58 PM
That really does sound like the best first day ever! Thank you so much for sharing! :mickey:

sleepingbooty
04-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks for sharing your first day. Looking forward to more to come:thumbsup:

pogo
04-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Great day...... nice report....on to read day 2. :D

magicman
04-10-2007, 10:15 AM
I love that y'all found some hidden magic at 1:30am with the cleaning/repair crew. So far, your trip sounds awesome.

ChipnDaleGal
04-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Sounds like you had a really wonderful first day. Your dinner at the Castle with Wishes going on must have been very special. thanks for sharing it with us. :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Sounds good so far:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing:mickey: I'm off to read another;)

Bethis26fan
04-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Sounds like a great start.

Bethanymouse
04-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks for posting your first day! It sounds like you were right at home using the DVC! A great day and lots of disney magic! Glad your son got to try out those sea raycers! They are a lot of fun!:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
04-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks Buster - you're doing a fine job reporting! :thumbsup: