PDA

View Full Version : Disney Easter Parade (Televised)

AliceinDisney
04-06-2007, 04:52 PM
When and what time is that going to be televised tomorrow or Sunday? Anyone know? I tried looking it up online much to no avail. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

faline
04-06-2007, 05:00 PM
I don't think Disney has done a special relevised Easter parade for a number of years now.

JPL
04-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Sadly around 1999 they decided to stop the broadcast. I really miss it :( It use to get me excited for my summer trips.

AliceinDisney
04-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Thats pretty poopy! :(

DVC2004
04-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I miss it, too. I remember watching it when I was a kid.:(

HndrdPrcnt
04-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I really wish that they would bring this back too! I love Easter even more than Christmas. While the birth was important, the resurrection is what saved me!!:thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
04-06-2007, 09:43 PM
The televised Easter Parade was great! Wish they would bring it back. :mickey:

Mickey's Pal
04-06-2007, 10:08 PM
...While the birth was important, the resurrection is what saved me!!:thumbsup:

AGREED!!! :D

TiggerRPh
04-07-2007, 03:48 AM
The televised Easter Parade was great! Wish they would bring it back. :mickey:

Both the Easter and Christmas parades were televised for marketing purposes only. While I miss the Easter Parade, Disney has obviously decided that they only need to televise one parade and have chosen the Christmas Parade.

caryrae
04-07-2007, 06:35 PM
A little off topic but do you guys like the Christmas parade on TV. I don't like the way Regis and Kelly do it anymore. Maybe it's because they have to read a teleprompter, it just doesn't sound right when they try to be funny while reading the joke.

NotaGeek
04-08-2007, 03:59 AM
A little off topic but do you guys like the Christmas parade on TV. I don't like the way Regis and Kelly do it anymore. Maybe it's because they have to read a teleprompter, it just doesn't sound right when they try to be funny while reading the joke.

:offtopic:

As much as everyone has their opinions about the Christmas Parade, let's please keep this thread discussing the lack of an Easter parade, please. :bunny:

IMHO, while there are many Christians that visit the Disney Theme Parks, Christianity makes up a small percentage when you look at the world's religions, so it makes sense that Disney would move away from a holiday parade celebrating Easter as a Christian celebration, since odds are it might actually offend the most conservative of Christians with that whole Easter Bunny and baby chicks and ducks and Egg hunt thing.

I doubt Christians would welcome the annual Disney Ramadan Parade, or the Disney Yom Kippur Parade running down Main Street, USA ... it comes back to that politically correct thing that everyone who is effected by forced equality gets all in an uproar about...

Nick Mc
04-08-2007, 11:47 PM
What ever happend to the Easter Parade from Disney World on ABC?? It was always something nice to see on Easter Sunday.. I am glad they still have the Christmas Parade.

Kristi Kay
04-08-2007, 11:51 PM
It IS nice to see the Christmas Parade Nick!!! I never saw an Easter Parade, but the may not do it due to religious controversy....

Kristi Kay
04-08-2007, 11:52 PM
I guess you could use that same argument for the Christmas Parade...so i just dont know...

Figgyluv03
04-09-2007, 12:24 PM
I still have a really bad habbit of turning on the tv at 10am to ABC!! I can't break it!!! I guess every year there's just hope that when I do turn on the tv it will be there. If only I can wish on a star!!!

dizneygirl
04-09-2007, 03:35 PM
we were in DW last week and asked some "offical" - looking CM one morning if there was an Easter parade we could catch in the MK. She said they weren't doing one this year....didn't know a reason why. We too were banking on watching an afternoon "run" of the parade one day...but no luck. Only the Magical Memories Parade was available in the afternoon parade category.

If they do Christmas...they can do Easter regardless of denomination. Let's just have fun and celebrate a spring holiday (Disney-style!) together without getting into the if's and's or but's of the politics involved.

I did manage to meet Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny near City Hall though...that was the extent of my Easter experience at Disney. :)

Steve Brown
04-12-2007, 12:09 AM
I need to dig through some of my old video tapes because I still think I have one of the last televised Easter parades. If so, I need to transfer it to DVD.

crazy4disneyworld
04-22-2007, 10:34 AM
IMHO, while there are many Christians that visit the Disney Theme Parks, Christianity makes up a small percentage when you look at the world's religions, so it makes sense that Disney would move away from a holiday parade celebrating Easter as a Christian celebration
Actually, there are more Christians in the world than any other religious group, and being in a predominantly Christian country, where most guests are Christian, it does not make sense for Disney to move away from Easter as a Christian celebration.

Granted, the parade (I never saw it) was probably about the Easter bunny and egg hunts, etc., not the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

But, I think money was more the issue here, and they decided to continue with the Christmas Parade, at the expense of the Easter Parade.