PDA

View Full Version : Paying for WDW with Disney Visa?

angedeaile
04-06-2007, 04:21 PM
I asked the fine folks at Disney Visa and no one could answer my questions. I spoke to THREE individuals. One was clueless, another claimed that they just answered overflow calls and didn’t know anything about the card and the last one didn't seem to understand my question.:bang:

SO, hopefully someone here can help.

I have already booked my December trip through MJ and only paid the $200 deposit with my Master Card. My MC expires in the fall, so I have to supply a different card for my vacation around that time.

So, I decided it would be easier to just switch it before fall to my new Disney Chase Visa and use it for all my WDW payments from here on out. I don’t plan on doing this until summer, since I haven’t planned on making any payments until then.

So, if I want to change credit cards on my package to this new visa, would I still qualify for the 0% APR for 6 months even though I have already paid the $200 deposit?

If yes, when would my 0%APR for 6 months start? I assume when I make my first payment towards the vacation using the Visa, but even the Chase folks couldn't confirm that.

I tried reading the paperwork that came with the card, but it is vague. I can see why even employees were :confused: .

Hopefully someone here with Disney Visa experience can help me a bit. :fingers:

AuntDJ
04-06-2007, 04:39 PM
I too book with MJ..just give your MJ rep you Disney Visa number and they will take care of the rest. I have used my Disney Visa for my last 3 trips...

I am fairly certain your 6 months 0.% interest starts when the transaction hits your statement. For example, MJ charges your balance on 04/12/07 so your 0.0 % runs out 10/12/07.

Also, you need to give the Disney Visa info to the agent because (from what I understand) most discounts come out to Disney Visa holders first then everyone else. So, to get a jump on any possible discounts your MJ agent would need this....