PDA

View Full Version : The dream cam true! Day 2- Make a Wish

BriarRose0708
04-06-2007, 03:52 PM
3/31/07 continued again...

Oooootay! Thanks again to everyone for reading my trip report, it means a lot! When I last left off, I had just called my mom in New York...

Once Brittany was done in the Christmas shop and hadn't destroyed more Disney property, we headed to Tomorrowland. This wasn't part of my original plan, but it's go with the flow. Plus it had FINALLY stopped raining so I didn't care where we went as long as we didn't miss Wishes. Or our Splash fastpass window. Which was coming up so I guess I did care where we went. Anyhow, Britt had been on the Alien Encounter ride and didn't know it had been changed to Stitch's Great Escape. She actually said a few weeks before we went "there's this cool ride that's really scary called Alien, and-" so I cut her off and told her it was reincarnated as Stitch. So she was curious to see how it had changed, and since the wait time was 5 minutes we went for it. I thought it was cute, but I'm a Lilo and Stitch fan, so there you go. Hated the chili dog burp, but other than that I didn't think it was so bad. Would I do it again? Probably not, but maybe.

Then it was time to hoof it once again to Frontierland and use our fastpasses for Splash. Poor Brittany, I made her march all over that park! Walking through Fantasyland I made note of all the wait times of rides I had in mind of going on since I had only done Small World eariler that day. My master plan was we would watch Wishes from in front of Pinnochio Village Haus and then jump on Pooh or Snow White or something while there was no one in line. All day, any time I walked past Peter Pan's Flight, the wait time was never ever under 40 minutes. And the fastpasses were gone after 6:30pm. I really began to wonder what all the fuss was about, but we weren't going to find out, especially with no fastpass option and Wishes being so close. In fact, when we left the park the wait time had skyrocketed to an hour!

The wait time was half an hour for Splash, but even the fastpass line was moving slowly. It was here I also encountered my first person with fastpass envy. It's not my fault I was smart enough to anticipate a long line and researched before my trip about fastpasses and you didn't, so please keep your dirty looks to yourself. Thank you very much and have a magical day.

Once we got in our log I was so excited to ride this again! I didn't think I'd get to it twice in one day. This time our ride was much, much better than the first. Or at least it seemed that way to us. We got much, much wetter, I think they turned the extra water on, especially the water cannons in the laughin' place or wherever those pesky frogs and their lillypads are. I just love this ride. As we came off the last drop we saw some of the Spectromagic floats coming into Frontierland. I'm definately not sorry I skipped the parades, but it may be something I'll do for the next time. I actually saw more of Spectro than I'm letting on, but I'll get to more of that later. Right now we're on a quest to make a wish and do as dreamers do!

We followed the path along the river from Splash to Fantasyland to avoid the crowds from Spectro. There were plenty of seats outside the Village Haus at 8:30, so we got some treats and parked it. As soon as I heard the music start I got so excited! I love the music to Wishes and had been looking forward to seeing it all day. It definately didn't disappoint and is probably the best fireworks display I've seen. Maybe I'll change my mind once I see Illuminations, but for now I'm all about Wishes! I was singing along at the end and Brittany just gave me this look. Whatever.

After the finale the wait time for Pooh was 5 minutes so we hopped in line, but it turned out to me more like 15. No biggie anyhow, I'd had such a great day anything else after this was just gravy. I loved Pooh as a kid and the theme in my bedroom when I was little was classic Pooh, so this ride got two thumbs up from me! And My favorite cartoon is the Very Blustery Day so this ride was perfect. I'll tell you though, there was a moment I really didn't want to bounce with Tigger anymore! I thought my fish and chips were going to make an encore appearance, if you get what I mean.:sick: I loved the Heffalumps and Woozles, I sang along in that room and again got "the look" from Brittany. She just doesn't understand because this was her 30th something time at Disney.

After Pooh it was time to succumb to the centrifical force of the Mad Tea Party. It's such a classic and iconic ride. By this time it was 9:45 and the crowds had significantly diminished, except for the line at Peter Pan, of course. We decuded we had enough left in us for one more ride, and we settled on Big Thunder. We wanted to see it at night and get some unique views of the park lit up. We virtually walked right on after letting the Family of the Hour cut in front of us. That was the first time we'd seen the Dream Team all trip. It was a very fast ride this time, it felt much faster than before. I didn't even put my arms up because I was sliding all over my seat with every turn! When we were done I briefly considered Splash again, but poor Brittany'd had enough. I won't lie, my feet were about to give out too.

We very slowly made our way through Frontierland, and to what did our wondering eyes did appear but the beginning of Spectromagic again! We stopped to watch a little and walked against the parade currant to the castle. I hadn't walked through it yet so we did that and looked at the mosaics. As we emerged on the other side we learned where all the people had gone. Main Street. We knew we weren't going to be able to leave for a few minutes so we parked it on the stairs and enjoyed the last of the Spectro floats.

As we filed out of Main Street USA I was both elated and sad at the same time. It had been one of the best days ever. Everything had far surpassed any expectations I had. We had spent close to 14 hours in the happiest place on Earth and it couldn't have been any better, except for more time of course. The next day we had to check out and move into the World Center Marriott and Gaylord Palms hotels for the real reason we were in Orlando. As we left I forced (she could have said no) Brittany and I to get one last picture in front of the castle all lit up, and it's one of the best pictures of the day.

Next up- some final thoughts and thinking ahead to my next trip!

darko aggie
04-06-2007, 05:11 PM
My feet hurt just reading your report!!! Thanks for sharing, sound like a great day.

faline
04-06-2007, 05:18 PM
What an excellent day you had! :thumbsup:

jilwil
04-07-2007, 10:17 AM
I love your enthusiasm!:clappy: I would say the "Disney bug" has definitely bit you! I can't wait to read your final thoughts! Thanks for posting your day!

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
04-07-2007, 05:48 PM
What a dreamy day you had! I am so glad it was everything you dreamed of and so much more. 14 hours in the parks, I haven't done that since I was a teenager! So glad you had fun, and thanks for reporting all the fabulous details! :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
04-07-2007, 06:27 PM
14 hours in a park and I would be :ack: Good for you:thumbsup: That was a busy day:mickey: Thanks for sharing:)

magicman
04-09-2007, 12:34 PM
I, like you, am a Disney Commando. Like my old grandpappy:old: used to say, "If at the end of the day, you ain't sweatin', pukin', or cryin'...you ain't tryin'".

I'm sad that your trip & trip reports are coming to an end.

Here we go again...
04-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Wow, what a lond day you had! I am glad to see that you did not let the crowds get to you.
You are now one of us. :thedolls:

pogo
04-09-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm glad you had such a wonderfull day at MK. It is also my favorite day when we go to WDW. :D

Bethis26fan
04-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Sounds like a great second half of the day.

ChipnDaleGal
04-14-2007, 07:57 AM
You certainly squeezed every last wonderful drop out of your day and it all sounded like so much fun! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

DizNee143
04-18-2007, 09:23 AM
for a first time visit..i think you manged to do quite a good job in getting on rides and expericing alot of the Magic Kingodm...im exhausted just from reading about your day in the MK...:mickey:

ElenitaB
04-21-2007, 10:45 PM
I can't believe everything you and Brittany managed to get done in one day! And what a day! Sounds like it was a great intro to WDW for you!

Too bad your conference is impending!

Bethanymouse
04-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Your feet must have been sore! You got so much done! Thanks for sharing your day with us!:mickey: