PDA

View Full Version : How did you hear about VMK?

PinkJJ
04-06-2007, 03:51 PM
I thought it would be interesting to find out how everyone learned about VMK. I ordered a Disney Vacation Video and they mentioned it on there. I thought it would be fun for the kids, didn't realize I would become hooked.:D

This was just after this past Christmas. So I guess I was in the dark for a long time.

varcity
04-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Seeing the VMK booth: october, 2005.

Intercot was introduced a couple months later :mickey:

chrisb26
04-06-2007, 04:48 PM
I have no idea how I first heard about VMK. That was back a little more then a year ago when I originally joined VMK. However back then I didn't play at all and after about a day I quit because I had no idea what was going on. A couple months later i joined Intercot and after being on here for a little bit I read about VMK again. I had completly forgot I had even made an account until I tried to make another and it said I already had one. That was back in August of 2006 so I owe Intercot for getting me hooked on VMK.

Blue Genie
04-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Just like Dino said in a way. It was Intercot that got me into it. I couldn't figure it out what VMK met so when I typ the word in the keyword and saw it Istarted playing. I was about to give up cause it was starting to get boarding but then 1 night I was playing Pirates when I saw the bubble of Chescat pop up and that is when I join the Inside out club. Thx Cat and then I inter dudes RainyDaisy to everyone back then she was know as Rockdoctor.

Chescat
04-06-2007, 05:41 PM
I remember meeting you Genie through Rock and we followed to your Cinderella room that we added to the river ride. And your cafe also.

JazzFan told me about it around first of Jun 2005. But we took a trip and I never got started. Got greedy and heard if I waited to go to the park I could get a born in the park character and other free stuff. So I went July 1st and missed 1st Day Badge.

Being from the West I found out about Intercot in VMK not from visiting it. :blush:

Varcity probably missed you at the VMK booth. Was there a lot that month. We missed Ariella that way. Probably was standing right next to each other. JazzFan and I did meet our first Intercot person at the VMK booth. Was SparkleMeTink and CL_Judah. I saw her T-shirt which was the icon on her intercot. Jazzfan and I said are you Tink?? We did the Insider Tour together that day and actually a few other times.

Jeremy
04-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I can't remember how I first heard about VMK.

But I was on the first day when they started it.
I found Patti Snary and others at some point.
and some others here on Intercot.:thumbsup:

WDWfanatic742
04-06-2007, 06:09 PM
I first remember getting on VMK through here on Intercot. Started maybe a day or two after beta started. First person I met from Intercot on there was Punchcat. Then from there met Patti, Figgie, Tinks, and the rest of the gang.

PinkJJ
04-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Being from the West I found out about Intercot in VMK not from visiting it.

Wait! Intercot is a place? Man, I am more in the dark than I realized.:confused:

Jeremy
04-06-2007, 06:28 PM
When we started on vmk, we would say (insideout)
so we know that we are from intercot.:)

Chescat
04-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Wait! Intercot is a place? Man, I am more in the dark than I realized.:confused:
I meet everybody in figgie's trade room in August 2005. They kept saying we are inside out. I'm like huh? I was like okay do I really need to join this forum. Then I realized they kept booting me everytime I went in a room. So I got the hint. ;)

cEveArdenfan
04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
I just happened to be browsing the Disneyland site one day and saw a little ad for it. I can't remember how I stumbled upon the "inside out" group, but I'm glad I did.:yes:

Mr. Tom Morrow
04-06-2007, 09:12 PM
I heard about VMK right here on INTERCOT:thumbsup:
Way back in the spring of '05 Virtual Magic Kingdom caused quite a stir around the boards and a large number of us signed up during Beta testing and a few ( just a few ) of us have stuck it through until now. I think the ones who stuck it out ( like me ) must be a little :crazy:

Jasper
04-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Where else but right here on Intercot where everything Disney is discussed!

Blue Genie
04-07-2007, 01:11 AM
It's funny it seems we keep adding new memebers to the inside out club as I call it. U could say we rule VMK :funny: :silly:

TinkRocks
04-07-2007, 01:26 AM
I heard about VMK right here on INTERCOT:thumbsup:
Way back in the spring of '05 Virtual Magic Kingdom caused quite a stir around the boards and a large number of us signed up during Beta testing and a few ( just a few ) of us have stuck it through until now. I think the ones who stuck it out ( like me ) must be a little :crazy:

Just a little???? Don't sell yourself short there, Tom! I think you Day One people need to check into a looney bin for staying this long. :rotfl:

I joined in early July 2005, missing beta period by a week or so. How frustrating is that!

Thumper03
04-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Right here on Intercot. :cool: In the first few days of VMK there was a post from a couple that had started playing and they were addicted already. We started playing and were hooked. (BrerFan in Pirates for sure) We have to add that the Intercot family really has added to the enjoyment of VMK. It's so nice sometimes to sit and chat with folks you know just like they are on your backporch. :hands: :dance: :whisper: :hug:

Patricia
04-07-2007, 02:27 PM
I got a notice from Disney it was coming. Basically it was a waiting game till it opened. Like all of us with Pirates. Opening beta day was announced here on icot.

RenDuran
04-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Nachocat kept telling us about this game she played where she could decorate "rooms" and do stuff! This went on for a while....

Then back in November 2005, we went to WDW with her and she kept talking about it and trying to get me to do the quests. I remember looking at the computer she had in our room and seeing her "room" and thinking she had gone over the edge! But I was a good daughter and got cards at the Buzz Lightyear ride and kept putting off her request to do the quest.

One night several weeks later, I thought I'd surprise her and get into vmk to play this game with her. Lo and behold, it took forever for my ancient computer to load it up. The game was more than I imagined! And here I am still playing this game I thought she had gone lost her sanity to!

Tiggerdog
04-07-2007, 06:14 PM
I too, got a notice from Disney it was coming. I signed up as Fortissimo a few days after it came out in beta with a few other people from another WDW messageboard (think guidebook :secret: )

As a member of Icot, I also noticed that even more people from here were playing VMK, so I started stalking them on VMK. However, they would turn their backs on poor Fortissimo and boot me from rooms. I then created Avalanchefan (VMK wouldn't let me use Tiggerdog) and put inside out in my signature.

With the exception of a few days here and there, I think I have been on VMK every day since Fortissimo joined in May 05. :blush:

MrDownTown
04-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I remember how i got on to VMK it was right around Everest i was searching for things to do at Disney during Spring Break that year and found an ad for it and have played ever since.

I got started here at Intercot because i became friends with See.Low due to Pirates. For there I met Patti, Ricks, Doll, and Cita then i asked Doll one day what Inside Out meant but obviously she could not tell me so i searched the Internet and found everybody

ariel03
04-07-2007, 08:26 PM
I joined after hearing about it here on intercot. I got curious and thought it would be a nice way to really talk with you all not just a message board. Little did I know about that horrible dictionary.:shake: I think I joined just in time to get the from day 1 pin. Now I really don't get on as much. I get on sometimes when I am bored and want to check on a few friends I made in the game and to give away things I have in an easy quest makes people happy.:mickey:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-08-2007, 01:02 AM
I had to rack my brains and shift through thousands of VMK days to find how I actually got on VMK first. Um, let's see. I actually searched (yes searched.. must've been bored) on Google and found it. I looked at the site but decided not to sign up for some reason (dumbo thing too, I think it was beta time). Then I was playing Neopets one day (bored again) and saw the VMK ad. So I signed up and played it. A few weeks (or maybe a month?) later I joined Intercot, and was looking around and happened to find a room owned by MonkeyBoyJoe. Fluffies and Dragon were there I think. Monkey friended me and went to Genie's Inside Out place where he keeps his pictures. Ah, best night of my VMK life almost. :heart: you all Inside Out! :mickey:

Patricia
04-08-2007, 11:44 AM
I am always running past intercot these days.. :blush:

I thought I had posted the link to the original thread that was started Day 1 of Beta. Guess I didn't add it, sigh.

I'll do that now..
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=34206&highlight=virtual+magic+kingdom

BuzzSpaceAce
04-08-2007, 02:08 PM
PinkJJ your awesome for showing Stef VMK!!

PinkJJ
04-09-2007, 01:10 AM
PinkJJ your awesome for showing Stef VMK!!

Awe...Thanks Buzz! :D

RicksCafe
04-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Before June 2005, I perused several Disney related sites on a daily basis, including MiceAge, Jim Hill Media, Mouseplanet, Mousetimes, and the Disney home site, of course. Then on MiceAge, I read a description of VMK. There was a link.

I clicked it.

I created an account.

And I haven't been back to read those sites since. Sad, really.

I met several Intercot gals in the pirate lobby, primarily Tinks who was a great Intercot ambassador. And she introduced me to the whole Hee-Haw gang. A finer bunch of nut-cases, you won't find anywhere.

Welcome to the asylum.

Ricks (who should be committed, but he has issues with that)

Patricia
04-09-2007, 03:34 PM
And I haven't been back to read those sites since. Sad, really.

I met several Intercot gals in the pirate lobby, primarily Tinks who was a great Intercot ambassador. And she introduced me to the whole Hee-Haw gang. A finer bunch of nut-cases, you won't find anywhere.

There are other Disney sites? :confused:

WDWizard
04-10-2007, 01:28 AM
I always knew about VMK since it opened on day 1 but was never able to play because it said I had to download shockwave and my computer wouldnt let me download it. Then sometime around October 2005 I figured it out and was able to play. I liked walking around and exploring and would play along with all the other kids who were doing the 'taken' thing because I thought that was the purpouse of the game..but thats a different story.

Then later on I was searching for Christmas rooms and found JP's 'Christmas Candy Room'--where I would always pop in from time to time (they would boot me every time of course, but I kept on coming)..and eventually I joined Intercot and they stopped booting me so much.:blush:

JPL
04-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Then later on I was searching for Christmas rooms and found JP's 'Christmas Candy Room'--where I would always pop in from time to time (they would boot me every time of course, but I kept on coming)..and eventually I joined Intercot and they stopped booting me so much.:blush:

Ah the good ole days of booting Wizard :cloud9: By the way he is still very bootable I think everyone should give it a try :thumbsup: You just haven't lived until you booted Wizard :thedolls:

Blue Genie
04-10-2007, 01:34 AM
LOL That's a funny story Wizard.

Chescat
04-10-2007, 08:20 PM
and eventually I joined Intercot and they stopped booting me so much.:blush:
When did we stop booting you? You always beg to be booted. :thedolls:

You also have the reputation of being the person that always breaks rides too. :secret:

Blue Genie
04-11-2007, 03:12 AM
I though the Breaking the rides was Doll. Remember when she did a test drive on my Surf Under the Sea ride. She kept falling off.:read: :drive: :surfing: that read smilies is sopost to be a test smiling but sends I can't fine a test smiliey the read has to do.

trackbarroness
04-11-2007, 08:40 AM
I don't remember exactly when I started playing but I do know it was back in beta time. Funny thing is I have forgotten who from the Inside out gang I met first but I do remember it was in the hub by the Partners statue. :thumbsup: Wow how times of changed since then huh? And yes Wizard you did beg to be booted from our rooms and from the sounds of it you still do. :D Lol

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-12-2007, 12:28 AM
I though the Breaking the rides was Doll. Remember when she did a test drive on my Surf Under the Sea ride. She kept falling off.:read: :drive: :surfing: that read smilies is sopost to be a test smiling but sends I can't fine a test smiliey the read has to do.

Hey, I was a bit wack-o then. I was in the past.. maybe I am now.. and in the future.. I did it again on See.low's ride too. :blush:

Figgyluv03
04-12-2007, 12:29 PM
I heard about it on my vacation planning video, but you guys really inspired me, so I signed up last night!