PDA

View Full Version : AKL or WL?

dumbo ears
04-06-2007, 01:41 PM
i might be going to WDW sometime in june and we were thinking or staying at akl or wl. i have always wanted to stay at both resorts but i don't know which one i will like more.it will only be 2 or 3 of us. i like akl because of the view of the savanna but i also like wl because of the outdoors feeling. i don't know which one is better so any input on each resort will be great.:thumbsup:

DVC2004
04-06-2007, 01:45 PM
They're both great- theming, accomodations, and dining! I don't think you'll be disappointed with either. If you choose AKL, do get a savannah view- it's worth it. Both also have very nice pools. I enjoyed the WL slightly more. I also liked that it was closer to MK. That's the only bad thing about AKL, it's pretty far from everything expect the AK park. WL has a boat that will take you to MK or to the Contemporary.

Goofeygal
04-06-2007, 01:56 PM
I agree with DVC. AKL is a bit out of the way and it does take more time to get to the parks, but it is a great resort. I have also stayed at WL and loved it. It is much quicker to get to MK from WL with the boat right there. My fav of the two is WL.

pox24
04-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Wl due to its closeness to parks. AKL is 10 miles from the MK and Epcot approx. It is still a tough choice.

c&d
04-06-2007, 04:37 PM
They are both beautiful resorts and I do love the feeling of AKL, I think I would choose WL.

The boat ride to the MK, the option to rent watercraft and bikes I think makes it a little bit better. Dining at Artist Point is wonderful. It's probably one of the top 3 meals I've ever had at Disney and the service was excellent.

Maybe next time you can stay at AKL.

Christine
04-06-2007, 04:39 PM
I would really have to recommend WL betewen the two! Being that close to MK would be heaven for me!

Crow
04-06-2007, 09:03 PM
WL
boat
closer to the parks except AK
AP to eat at
walk or boat to Ft Wilderness
rocking chairs on upper levels overlooking the lobby

theming is good at both depending what you want. the same person i believe designed both.
both have good gift shops but AK's seems bigger.
buses arent shared at AK. sometimes they are at WL w Ft Wilderness.
dining id go w Boma more than WC
but id give AP the nod over Jiko.

if you do go w AKL avoid the parking lot view:ack:

Donald A
04-06-2007, 10:33 PM
I stayed at the AKL for my honeymoon and the WL one year later for our anniversary. I did not have a Savannah view room at AK but did have a room "on the lobby" as I think they tried to give us something nice for our honeymoon. Now at WL I stayed on a wing. I thought the AKL felt newer (it is) and I liked it a little more, but it could have just been the room location. Plus you can go out and sit and see the animals even without a Savannah view.

HOWEVER..........

Transportation is better at WL. You can take a ferry to the Magic Kingdom and then a monorail to EPCOT. The Animal Kingdom is isolated and there is not much around. You need a bus to do anything or to drive.

You need to weigh all options, but I would say my experience at the AKL was better than the WL.

Mousefever
04-07-2007, 12:32 AM
We stayed at AKL in January. To be honest, the buses ran so often that I didn't notice being farther away from the parks. I know that some folks have had problems with AKL buses before, but in our experience the transportation was very efficient. Although we have never stayed at WL, I have to give the nod to AKL for its beauty, great food, wonderful gift shop and, of course, the animals.

:dory: