PDA

View Full Version : Riverside Food Court- worth it?

brianjdu4
04-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Has anyone ventured over to the renovated food court at PO Riverside? How is it? Any info to share?

TiggerRPh
04-06-2007, 01:06 PM
I personally have not stayed there...but I have not heard too many good things about the food court there.

Christine
04-06-2007, 01:10 PM
I have not been to it since the rennovation, but I liked it before. If they still have the roast beef with mashed potatoes, you MUST try it! Best ever!!!

stitch and co
04-06-2007, 02:27 PM
We really liked the food court before the renovation, but haven't been since the renovations. Waiting to see what the reviews are since we will be back in December.

Jimenyfan
04-06-2007, 02:55 PM
We just returned from Riverside on wednesday and I was really impressed with their food court. They have a carving station(dinner only) with side items, a create your own salad and pasta station(you tell the employees what you want and they put it together for you) They also have the normal pizza,burgers, chicken strips. They had some really good sandwiches, turkey on chibatta(sp) muffletta(sp). ne night DH had a chicken ceasar salad and it had to have a full freshly grilled breast of chicken on it. They also served the salads with beef that looked really good. We were suppose to stay at POFQ but were switched at check in because they were overbooked. POR alligator bayou was a nice surprise.

lightyearfan
04-06-2007, 02:59 PM
well i can say that we've stayed there when it was Dixie Landings , and the food court was terrific, last year we finally stayed somewhere elese (All Star Movies), and what we did was goto the Riverside for breakfest because it's fantastic, so many different options to chose from, they have a bakery section/ make your own omlete station and of course the usual pankcakes section, just a nice place to go if your family is undecided where to eat there is enough different choices for everyone, the only negative is that it can get very crowded , but you should still be fine in finding a place to sit. i highly recommend this resturant

Victor

Kairi_7378
04-06-2007, 09:31 PM
I ate at the Riverside Food court right before I got on the Magical Express to come back home. (This was the only time I stayed at POR so I can't compare to how the food court was before.) The food was good... the desserts were excellent! I thought that the food court was very attractive. It was really nice to be able to look out over the water while relaxing over a nice (but simple) meal. DH overheard the chefs talking about how they worked with a food designer to select foods for the menu and to have nice photos on the display boards.
I wasn't happy with the service, though. There were about 6 families in the entire food court and the staff (at the grill section) was completely clueless.