PDA

View Full Version : First night question

January-2007
04-06-2007, 11:47 AM
So... If free dining is announced, that's when we're going to go. At the end of September. I made the ADRs yesterday and mostly got what I wanted, even though it's after the 180 day mark. For our first night I booked Le Cellier for 8PM. What do you think? Too late? I'm not sure... We'll be taking Amtrak down and the arrival time is 10:17AM, so in train speak, around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. We like being able to settle into our rooms, unpack, and maybe shower up and sleep a little. Do you think I should have made an earlier ADR? They had one for a little after 7, so I could call back and change it, but I don't know... Maybe we'll go to DTD for lunch first, then back to our resort, then back to Epcot for dinner? That's a lot of stuff, and then 8 doesn't sound too late. Just wanted to ask your opinions since I only have a very limited time in which I could actually change the time of the ADR since I'm sure it will be gone soon. Thanks in advance!

BelleBeauty
04-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't think an 8pm ADR at Le Cellier is too late, unless you want to catch Illuminations. If you do want to catch the show, then I would recommend the 7ish ADR instead. :mickey:

January-2007
04-06-2007, 12:35 PM
No, we're not interested in Illuminations. That's not really a factor at all.

Jasper
04-06-2007, 12:48 PM
As Morgan mentioned it really depends on what else you have planned for that day and also what you have planned for the next morning. If you plan on having an early morning then this may be a little late.

Christine
04-06-2007, 01:16 PM
No, we're not interested in Illuminations. That's not really a factor at all.

I'm sorry...this just struck me. Have you seen Illuminations? I am just curious if you have seen it and don't like it, thus don't care to miss it. Or if you haven't and don't care if you miss "just another fireworks display" because it SO is not!
;)

January-2007
04-06-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm sorry...this just struck me. Have you seen Illuminations? I am just curious if you have seen it and don't like it, thus don't care to miss it. Or if you haven't and don't care if you miss "just another fireworks display" because it SO is not!
;)

Seen it. I'd much rather watch from the balcony at Pop Century later in the week than from among the throngs of tired day trippers on our first night. :mickey: