PDA

View Full Version : Princess Girls Spring Break Day 6 Animal Kingdom

princessgirls
04-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Cast of Characters:

Fred, Julie, Morgan (6), Madison (5)

Bob, Kelly, Carlin (8), Clayton (6)

Resort: Bonnet Creek

Day 6 started out a little bit later than the other days of touring the parks. We hit Animal Kingdom by 10am and got right over to Festival of the Lion King. Fred did not view this wonderful show as he had a mission to get our Fast Passes for Kilimanjaro Safari and Expedition Everest, as we had heard that these attractions were out of Fast Passes yesterday by early afternoon. We all really enjoyed The Festival of the Lion King, and as we made our way out of the show and into the park we realized that it was VERY CROWDED today in Animal Kingdom. After Lion King, we stopped at It's Tough to be a Bug. Adorable... Carlin ran into her teacher and her family. That was exciting! Fred caught up with us after It's Tough to be a Bug. He had secured all the passes. We were ready for some lunch and Tusker House did not dissapoint. I think that this is my favorite counter service in all of the parks. The food is really good here. After lunch we enjoyed our time on the safari ride. We were able to see a lot of the animals. The kids so enjoy this. The giraffes came pretty close to us, and we caught a glimpse of the Lion. After the safari, we saw Mr. Gorilla hanging out in a shady spot. Those Gorillas are so cool to observe.
The kids, Bob and Fred enjoyed Kali River Rapids. No one in our group got too wet. No changes of clothes were needed. It was hot out, Kelly and I enjoyed a nice frozen lemonade while waiting. We went over to DinoLand, and the kids did the Fossil Dig for a while. It was our time for Expedition Everest. We were all really excited. This ride is awesome, The que is cool and the ride itself is well... breathtaking to say the least. Morgan and I sat in the front!!! AWESOME!! One of the cool things is the view you get of Epcot, MGM when you reach the top. I really can't say enough about this attraction. After Everest, we ran over to Nemo and friends. A cute show. Then it was back to Everest, as the crowds were really thinning out and it was only a ten minute wait. Second time, better than the first. Sat in the middle this time. GREAT, Great Ride. Maddie thought it was "crazy". We went back over to DinoLand and Kelly took the kids on the Primerval Wheel. This is crazy to me and Madison, she wasn't tall enough for that, yet she just went on Expedition Everest. So, I took Maddie on the flying dinosaurs. We skipped Dinosaur the ride, and made our way out of the park at closing. Kelly and I wanted to hit a few shops on our way out. A new beach bag for me, a pink sweatshirt and beach bag for Kelly. More pins for the kids. Love the shops!:mickey:
We decided that we would hit the resort pool and have pizza delivered to us and enjoy some :beer: while the kids swam and enjoyed the pools. The evening was just delightful.

We really, really enjoyed our day in Animal Kingdom.

It was a wonderful day!

Thanks for reading!

Julie:mickey:

faline
04-06-2007, 11:47 AM
It does sound like a very lovely day! Thanks for the report!

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

sleepingbooty
04-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Another great day, thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

pogo
04-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Sound like another great day. I can't wait to ride EE. :D

Bethis26fan
04-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Sounds like a great day.

magicman
04-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Another great day, but once again...poor Fred the Fast Pass Man.;)

I've never understood why the primevil whirl height requirement is so high, but I'm not too big of a fan of it anyway.

I haven't seen the Nemo show yet. I'm still bummed they took out Tarzan Rocks, but I'll give Nemo a chance on my next trip.

I 100% agree with your EE comments.

Thanks again for sharing the magic of another great day with all of us.

kaliepooh
04-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Thank you for sharing your trip report with me. I love trip reports. They keep me settled until it's my turn to visit the world. I've never heard of the Flying Dinossaurs. I don't remember seeing them at the park either. Can you tell me where they are located and exactly what type of attraction it is? Will My four year old be able to participate in this attraction?

magicman
04-11-2007, 12:44 PM
...the Flying Dinossaurs. I don't remember seeing them at the park either. Can you tell me where they are located and exactly what type of attraction it is? Will My four year old be able to participate in this attraction?

The Tricera Top Spin is basically the same as the Dumbo ride in MK except it's equipped with little triceratop dinosaurs (instead of elephants)that go around in circles & up/down. The ride is located right next to the Primevil Whirl Roller Coaster in Dino Land of AK. It is tame & perfect for a 4 year old. We let our little one ride it while older ones ride Primevil Whirl or the Dinosaur ride.

Beach Club Babe
04-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Another great day! It sounds like a really wonderful trip so far!