PDA

View Full Version : 5 in a BCV standard

locodemickey
04-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Do you know if they will allow 3 adults and 2 kids in a standard at the BCV? I thought that I saw here that someone did that.

TiggerRPh
04-06-2007, 11:33 AM
They should not have a problem if one of the kids is in a crib...but I believe that the room set to sleep for and that is dictated by fire codes so I don't think that you'll be able to sleep.

In order to get 5 in any of the DVC resorts you'll have to get a 2 bedroom unit.

locodemickey
04-06-2007, 12:19 PM
I just called member services and they said that I could have 3 adults, 2 kids and 1 infant in a crib in a studio. They just won't give any extra towels or bedding for free. Does anyone know how much they charge for towels? We won't need extra bedding.

HockeyKat
04-06-2007, 12:40 PM
I think it is $6 for 4 towels...

6 people in a studio seems like a LOT!

If you are in a 1-bed you would get the washer/dryer so you could keep washing towels. I think we are going to pack a few extra for our trips.

TiggerRPh
04-06-2007, 01:28 PM
I think it is $6 for 4 towels...

6 people in a studio seems like a LOT!

If you are in a 1-bed you would get the washer/dryer so you could keep washing towels. I think we are going to pack a few extra for our trips.

I agree....six people with one Bathroom in a studio is going to be very cramped. If you can afford it I'd look into a 1 BR or a 2 BR unit or check on 2 studios.

TiggerRPh
04-06-2007, 01:30 PM
If you get the extra towels....hide them on the days that Mousekeeping comes by, sometimes they mistakenly take them and then leave you with only the standard amount.

locodemickey
04-06-2007, 04:03 PM
It doesn't seem like a lot to me since 3 of them are under 9 and they take baths at night. We also don't spend a lot of time in the room. We'll see how it goes...

pox24
04-06-2007, 04:05 PM
That's gonna be one crowded room. The pull out is not a queen and it cuts half of the living space. The crib would have to be by at the foot of the pull out. I would get a one bedroom. Don't forget bath room time too.

Tinkermom
04-06-2007, 04:45 PM
I just called member services and they said that I could have 3 adults, 2 kids and 1 infant in a crib in a studio. They just won't give any extra towels or bedding for free. Does anyone know how much they charge for towels? We won't need extra bedding.

You may want to call and check on that again. You are NOT allowed to have 5 in a studio UNLESS ONE of them is an infant/child under age 3. We tried to book a studio with 2 adults and 3 children (youngest was 4 at the time) and were told uneqivocally that this was not allowed.

You CAN have 5 in a one bedroom (Yes, I have talked with Member Services about this) even though a one bedroom states it sleeps 4. We have had 5 of us in a one bedroom and brought an Aero bed so that we could have an extra bed. It was tight for all of us even in a one bedroom. We always get a 2 bedroom now.;)

Just curious, if you WERE to have 3 adults plus 2 kids and an infant in a studio...
since there are only 2 beds would 3 people be sleeping in one bed? If you are wanting to have an extra bed/sleeping bag I cannot see how there would be room to put a port-a-crib plus an Aero bed or sleeping bag to accomodate everyone. Also, please remember that DVC will NOT provide a cot or rollaway.

Please do not take my post the wrong way. I am just afraid that you may have gotten some misinformation and would not want you all to get to the resort and have an issue.

peemagg
04-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Also if you go up to a 1 bedroom you will not only have more places to set up the crib and an aerobed, but you will also gain a full-size kitchen and your own washer and dryer in the room. Could come in real handy with 3 kids. The bed in the bedroom is also a King size instead of a queen and double in the studio. I think the pull out couch is also a queen size. That might make it a bit easier and more comfortable for all of you.

locodemickey
04-06-2007, 07:13 PM
I would love to get a one bedroom but I hate the fact that it is more than double the points. This will be my second trip of the summer so we don't have lots of points available (without borrowing). It turns out that my dad is not going anyway so we should be OK. It does concern me though that the cast member at member services checked on it for me and said it was OK as long as I understood that there were to be no extra bedding or towels. We have 3 kids and when the youngest turns 3, I would like to still get a studio sometimes.

MinnieMommie
04-06-2007, 08:56 PM
You'll have alot more space without the extra adult. Just want to let you know (in case you don't already) that the OKW studios are considerably larger (sq ft). Just something to consider. They also have 2 beds instead of 1 bed and pull out couch. :mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-06-2007, 10:20 PM
It does concern me though that the cast member at member services checked on it for me and said it was OK as long as I understood that there were to be no extra bedding or towels. We have 3 kids and when the youngest turns 3, I would like to still get a studio sometimes.

Just thought I would try to help a little. We have three kids, 9,7 and 3. When we called to book our ressies for September for our first trip home to SSR, the Member Services person told us that our family COULD stay in a studio. I knew that we could stay in a 1 Bed with no extra bedding so we clarified that our kids were all over 3. She told us that it was not a problem to stay in a studio and that alot of people do it to stay longer for lesser points. :confused: We asked her 2 or 3 times if we were all on the same page and asked her to verify the info she was giving us. We were fairly certain that it was wrong info but, they know the deal, or so we thought and since we are new DVC members we don't know everything.
Anyway, we went with her suggestion and booked the Sat night we arrive in a studio and the remainder of the week in a 1 bed.(Hey, we were not deceiving anyone, it was her suggestion, AND, it saved lots of points)
We called back 2 weeks ago to add Friday night to the ressies since my DH's schedule has changed and we are able to go another night. We asked to make that night a studio too.
When we called back is when we had the problem. We were right from the beginning and the Mermber Services woman told us that the original ressie was made in error and we could NOT stay in a studio since all of our kids are over 3.
We told her then that we were going to cancel the two weekend nights all together and just stay Sun-Thurs. We were fairly annoyed since we repeatedly asked the original member services woman if her suggestion was correct.
Sorry, this has gotten really long. :blush:

So, in the end a supervisor got on the phone and told us that since it was their error with the original ressie that they would allow the studio to stand for the two nights. Of course, that is not to happen in the future.
We are still up in the air about what we are going to do with the reservation. We are nervous that when we get there we will have a problem. We are leaning towards just cancelling the two nights and just going Sun-Thurs so we do not have to borrow points our first year. It just stinks because we asked many, many times if the info she volunteered was correct. I realize it was an error. It was just a doozy.

HTH...It's a 1 bedroom at minimum for us family's of 5.

locodemickey
04-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Wow! Why are the member service people giving out this incorrect information? The one I talked to today even put me on hold and checked with someone (I don't know with whom they checked). You should be able to trust what they tell you!

TiggerRPh
04-07-2007, 03:22 AM
You may want to call and check on that again. You are NOT allowed to have 5 in a studio UNLESS ONE of them is an infant/child under age 3. We tried to book a studio with 2 adults and 3 children (youngest was 4 at the time) and were told uneqivocally that this was not allowed.

You CAN have 5 in a one bedroom (Yes, I have talked with Member Services about this) even though a one bedroom states it sleeps 4. We have had 5 of us in a one bedroom and brought an Aero bed so that we could have an extra bed. It was tight for all of us even in a one bedroom. We always get a 2 bedroom now.;)

Thank you for clearing that up....I thought that was the case, but we've never tried so I thought I might be wrong.

metroliner
04-14-2007, 05:59 PM
There seems to be A LOT of mis-information about the issue of 5 people in a studio. Does anyone know the root for all the confusion about this? Are CM's this confused?

I would like to know once and for all if my family of 5 can stay in a studio or not. Help!:(

Tinkermom
04-14-2007, 06:20 PM
There seems to be A LOT of mis-information about the issue of 5 people in a studio. Does anyone know the root for all the confusion about this? Are CM's this confused?

I would like to know once and for all if my family of 5 can stay in a studio or not. Help!:(

The official answer is no. I suppose if you get a new CM at MS you might get a different answer but I guarantee that if you get to the resort you will be told no. Now, you CAN have 5 in the studio if ONE of the 5 is a child UNDER age three.

Just to make it more confusing. AKL villas will now have 1 bedroom villas that will sleep 5. They added a sleeper chair in addition to the sleeper soafa.:thumbsup: In other 1 bedrooms you are allowed to have 5 but there are only 2 beds. We always just brought our Aero bed from home. Now that my kids are older we have to have a 2 bedroom.