PDA

View Full Version : So excited for Oct. Trip!

CandleontheWater
04-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Well I booked the Swan for 7 nights from Oct 19-26th and I am sooooo excited. This will be such a special trip for me because my husband will FINALLY be back from his deployment to the Persian Gulf and he will have completed all of his helicopter air commander requirements, so there will be no stress, no worries, just time to enjoy being together and being in WDW. Its also going to be really special because it will be hubby's birthday (he was gone for his birthday last year) and it will be the longest vacation we've ever been able to take. Even our honeymoon was only 4 nights due to constraints of the military Now I just can't wait until April 19th so I can start making our ADRs! I'm planning Le Celier for his birthday night (that man loves his steak), and I'm also looking forward to Tepanyakii, and Citricos. I'm also considering booking a segway tour as a suprise, (I think he'd really get a kick out of those things), and I'm considering spending an afternoon renting a water sprite on Bay Lake. If you guys have any other ideas of what would be great for a 26 year old guy, I'm looking for suggestions to make this the best vacation ever!

faline
04-06-2007, 09:19 AM
How about the Richard Petty driving experience?

iheartmickey
04-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Our trip is at the same time (Oct 19th to the 28th!)! I'm getting really excited for making our ADR's. Le Cellier is on our list too!

I just wanted to point out that 180 days from the 19th is actually April 22nd. Use the Intercot Planning Guide (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/adrplanner/default.asp) to help with your dates ... very easy! ;)

I'm glad this will be a special time for the two of you. I'm debating doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour with my mom (we're celebrating her B-day too!) ... I think it really depends on what the two of you like to do. I'd do a fireworks cruise if I could ... that'd be romantic. :cloud9: Especially since he's been out on deployment. You might also look into going golfing .... if he likes that (my brother in the service likes to golf).

If you're looking for romance check this out. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp)

OR if DH likes to drive fast ... may not compair to flying a helicopter .... he might like the Richard Petty Driving Experience (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/programs/petty.asp).

ETA: I took too much time writing my response! Faline beat me to the RPDE! LOL!

Christine
04-06-2007, 10:17 AM
I am so happy for you! What a well deserved vacation it will be for the BOTH of you!

Tick-Tock
04-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Just remember to leave some time for the parks - you've got the Food and Wine Festival going on, plus MNSSHP during that time. One week isn't a long time, with all WDW has to offer!

I don't think you have to wait to book the Segway tour -- when we did it in the spring a couple of years ago, they were booking through the end of the year.

With the other stuff you're thinking about, I'd skip renting a Sea Raycer. They don't go particularly fast (they're positively sluggish with two adults). While it was fun, it wasn't that exciting, and it will take time from other activities. Your DH will probably have a better time trying out the Segway or trying out a race car.