PDA

View Full Version : The Masters!!!

Christine
04-06-2007, 12:27 AM
I rarely set foot in the Locker Room, but I can hardly hold my excitement for the Masters this weekend!!!

Any predictions?? Hopefulls???

DisneyGiant
04-06-2007, 07:21 AM
I'm a Tiger fan.

Go Tiger!!!!! :thumbsup:

Advnt05
04-06-2007, 07:29 AM
Brutal day yesterday with the wind. I'm kind of surprised that Tiger bogeyed the last two holes. I still think that he's right in the mix. Today will either set up for a good weekend or kill lots of chances. I think it's wide open.

Donald A
04-06-2007, 01:10 PM
I think you have to favor Tiger, but we are only on day #2. Anything can happen.

Dsnygirl
04-06-2007, 01:27 PM
:golf: We're watching the Masters, too! My DH had been holding a countdown until yesterday... :D He's rooting for Tiger... I have to say I'd like to see him wear the jacket again, although I also like Phil - but I guess watching Tiger do it for the 5th time would be amazing. We're travelling this wknd, so my DH took Monday off so we could stay put on Sunday and watch the final holes... what a guy! :D

Christine
04-06-2007, 01:29 PM
See, I really like Phil too. Why does that make me feel so un-American???:D

DisneyGiant
04-06-2007, 01:30 PM
I think I jinxed him - Tiger is +3 so far today, giving him a +2 for the total. And that dreaded Vijay is ahead of him.

I don't know what it is about Vijay - just don't like him.

Donald A
04-06-2007, 03:57 PM
I worked for 4 seasons at Firestone CC in Akron, Ohio and learned about a lot of the players since they host a large PGA Tour event there almost every year. I have been a few feet away from Tiger and Phil and it is a sight to behold the power but at the same time the effort-less flow of their swings. In fact, I was walking between two fairways and a ball landed. It was Phil Mickelson's. He walked up to everyone, looked down at his ball, and asked everyone how they were doing. Then he crushed the ball through trees onto the 8th green 150 yards away. I think Phil gets a bad rap because apparently he walks around on the tour telling people he doesn't need the money where other guys that are trying to have an OK career hear this and look at it as arrogance. I was actually happy to see him win his first major, however. It took him awhile though. Remember the US Open with the late Payne Stewart?

slt21
04-07-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm watching the Masters right now, and it's insane!!! In the third round (as of now), the leader is at +2! PLUS 2! It's unbelievable.

On the plus side, 5 of my 6 guys made the cut in my Majors pool (pick 6 golfers each Major, can't pick the same guy twice, whoever's players combine for the most money by the end of the last major is the winner). Still though, this is pretty crazy.

Well, at least it's dry.

Jimenyfan
04-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Tiger is positioned right were he needs to be. I hope he gets another Masters, I just really like him.

DisneyGiant
04-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Tiger is positioned right were he needs to be. I hope he gets another Masters, I just really like him.

Me too! :cheer:

I feel we're watching history in the making - he is going to shatter all records........... :trophy::golf:

Advnt05
04-10-2007, 06:59 AM
I was lucky enough to be able to go this past Sunday. There was an electricity in the air. It's amazing how many people follow Tiger. Even when he's having a bad day, everyone wants him to win. It's not that any one dislikes the front runner but they love Tiger. He did come in tied for second which is great for anyone else.
It's a beautiful course in person. You can really see how tough it is in person by seeing the hills and such on the greens.