PDA

View Full Version : Stop Riding all rides A cheater got us again!

JPL
04-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Apparently someone found a way to cheat the system yet again and get the magic pins. VMK has chnaged the prize for pulling out the sword to only 10 credits :mad: Please pass this along to your friends on VMK

WDWfanatic742
04-05-2007, 11:35 PM
From doing some snooping around, sounds like it could be a bug in the system that made them change the prize for the time being (but then why would they still award the magic pin?), or like figgie said, someone found either a pattern or learned how to get around it.

dinodave
04-05-2007, 11:39 PM
thanks for the info JPL

Randypandy
04-06-2007, 01:30 AM
:mad: This makes me mad. i really wanted that pin. tea party ride is one of my favorites. :rant: hope whoever it was gets banned and kicked out of vmk. i want my pin or my credits back. :fit:

Chescat
04-06-2007, 02:45 AM
As we've all talked. This goes in favor of the cheaters that caused this. They will trade off those pins in a hurry in the game so they can't be traced on the boards. People have spend tons of credits just trying to get the magic, to get the sword.

As with anything in real world. You make something very rare, somebody will find a loophole to beat the system. This person or persons did. Is it cheating, finding a loophole may not be. To not notify staff or VMK about it, and continue using it to their advantage is.

I agree with JP and others. For the problem, I believe that the current pins should not be tradeable until this is fixed (like the did Sparrow). Since we seem to be ride crash dummies in all this which seems not to be going well, they should award everyone in VMK the Mad Tea Party pin like the New Year's Pin.

I believe what should happen is, the getting of the Magic Pin should be random. But going for the Sword, if you don't get a pin, at least award us with credits of some kind. Or for ever 10th ride you get the Magic Pin. Then the Sword is still just the random thing.

And Fan I think they kept awarding the Magic because they figure after 1 day it will expire. So if they haven't found a fix over night, they may not award that and they only have a half of day of magic pins left.

VMK needs to make an announcement again on when it restarts. Its not fair to the community in general to keep us in the dark.

MrDownTown
04-06-2007, 08:30 AM
u know i hate when this happens cause like all of you i rode the rides a bunch to get my swords magic pins and then finally getting the rare tea party pin.

i finally get something rare and people cheated so now my pins probaly wont be so rare:(

Also im a sick what a bad way to start the weekend:(:ill:

Jeremy
04-06-2007, 10:01 AM
ah man!!

I never did get a pin.
I rode and rode and nothing.

terri.m
04-06-2007, 11:20 AM
figures. Tea needed that pin...

so how did you all find out about this?? Not doubting, just wondering, i'm nosey!:mickey:

Chescat
04-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Some intercot people saw people getting 10 credits for pulling out the sword instead of the pin. When that was confirmed we looked around other boards to see what people were saying. I don't want to say what the cheater/cheaters were actually doing, but it did involve a Quest Kiosk. It was definitely evil intentions.

terri.m
04-06-2007, 11:50 AM
thanks traci

:mad: to cheaters

mickeynuts
04-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Names, I want names :mad:

Can you imagine how frustrating this must be for the developers? They work so long and come up with this wonderful addition and the cheaters mess it up on the second day. Boy would I love to have control of the ban button!

JPL
04-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Names, I want names :mad:

What good are names the cheaters who broke into the other online games that awarded VMK prizes are still running around on VMK, along with many other cheaters.

chrisb26
04-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Well there is some good news the prize for pulling the Sword out of the stone is no longer 10 credits. A new prize has been added. Are you ready for it?? Well the new prize today is appearently a Lumier! :mad:

Chescat
04-06-2007, 02:37 PM
So the cheaters have won again then. They caused people yesterday to not get magic pins because of all the times they went through to get the chance at the mad tea party pin. Now its going to be rare because of that. They have also profitted off your credits since they didn't have to use theirs.

I'm definitely writing VMK about this. This is unacceptable. And I suggest you all do the same thing. Its the principle of the thing.

I also say why are cheaters given a 30 day ban. They should lose that character and all that's on the character. That would stop most of this.

Jasper
04-06-2007, 02:48 PM
it is soooo frustrating when a few bad apples spoil things for the rest of us!!!

varcity
04-06-2007, 04:02 PM
it is soooo frustrating when a few bad apples spoil things for the rest of us!!!

in a virtual game none-the-less...

Chescat
04-06-2007, 06:06 PM
So just so there isn't misunderstandings, what you got was the Lumiere lamp that you can buy from Small World Imports then?? Not a pin? :confused:

chrisb26
04-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Well I personally didn't get the lamp I have read and seen pictures of the messages people have gotten that said they got the lamp. Yes the Lumier lamp that you can buy at any time in Small World Imports

TinkRocks
04-06-2007, 06:38 PM
You get a Lumiere candlestiuck?? Why didn't you say? I've been looking for one of those for ages and can't seem to get my virtual hands on these items. Off to Alice and Pan I go...

Wish me luck everyone!

WDWfanatic742
04-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Reports are that Yavn himself (in game of course, where hardly anyone can ever find him) has said that there was a bug in the system and that they wanted to give something out rather than nothing. Hmm...

I should be a reporter :D

jjramsey
04-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Too bad all this happened. ElectroGoofy got two mad hatter pins last week. He gave one to ElectroDuck (his brother). We had not heard what is going on with the ride and pins. Goofy got a trade offer on his earlier tonight...and figuring he could get another, traded it away. Oh well!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-08-2007, 01:10 AM
Um.. I don't want to be annoying or anything.. but what is this cheating thing about? :confused: I heard Jk mention it during closing, but the lag was so bad, I hardly expected an explanation anyway.

cheshirecollector
04-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Doll, at first the rides were giving out sword in the stone magic at random, which you used to try and win a tea party pin. It was like pirates - sometimes the key pins give you a prize, sometimes the chest is empty. So the sword pin only got the sword out sometimes.

Within a day, apparently there was a bug or cheating, where some people were getting way too many sword pins in a short period of time. So VMK changed the tea party pin to a less desirable prize (ten credits, then a Lumiere candlestick) to discourage players from benefitting from the bug/cheat.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Oh I see. That kinda stinks then that the prizes are so um, cheap. Are the rides still going on then? Someone told me that there are new rides in the new Fantasyland room.

On another subject, you need the pull sword out of the stone magic pin to pull the sword out of the stone in the new room right?

WDWfanatic742
04-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Screenshots have confirmed that the Mad Tea Party Pin has returned to be the prize after lifting the sword out of the stone by using that magic pin. :mickey:

bigpapiortiz34
04-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Screenshots have confirmed that the Mad Tea Party Pin has returned to be the prize after lifting the sword out of the stone by using that magic pin. :mickey:

WOOT! That makes me feel a lot better. It really stunk for a period of time we could not get the tea party pin. The people rigging the system for the magic is really awful. Everyone (me included) is spending a lot of credits to have a chance to win the pin. I mean, if you can't play the game fair, don't play at all...

BOO CHEATERS!

varcity
04-08-2007, 11:04 PM
glad I didn't find any for trade! :mickey:

JPL
04-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Since the Prize has changed back I'm going to close this thread to avoid confusion ;)