View Full Version : Which Haunted Mansion Facade is your Fave? Poll

AliceinDisney
04-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Walt Disney World
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland

JPL
04-05-2007, 08:59 PM
I really like all of them but I chose WDW because the old Gothic mansion look really adds to the theming. The Disneyland one is a veery close second and I love the fact that DLP is close to the imagineers original concept art of of an old broken down house.

LoriMistress
04-05-2007, 09:02 PM
DLR hands down...it has the ultimate New Orleans feel.

AliceinDisney
04-05-2007, 09:10 PM
I wonder what it would have been like, if they'd built the Haunted Mansion off Main Street. I think that would kinda be wicked actually! But Disney didn't want some tacky house marring Main Streets beauty.

mickey98
04-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Having the H.M. off in the corner by itself gives it the eerry feeling and the lighting effects at night are the right touch.. the design it just right...

Lucille
04-06-2007, 09:20 AM
I prefer DL's. I like wandering through the garden/waiting in the queue and I love that you can walk right up to the front porch and enter the building. Although both building are scaled down, DL is larger and there is less forced perspective. It just seems more real to me.

darthmacho
04-06-2007, 09:50 AM
They are all pretty cool, but WDW is the place for me.

The DLParis has a pretty cool soundtrack though.

Figgyluv03
04-06-2007, 12:27 PM
I haven't seen DLP's HM, so I can't say anything about that, but I love DW's! I love the fact that all the chess peices are around the the house except for the Knight because it's aways night in the Haunted Mansion!

Jeff G
04-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I've only seen photos of the two non Orlando rides so I had to go WDW.

It's right up there with Pirates and Splash as my favorite ride.

AliceinDisney
04-06-2007, 12:31 PM
To me the facade of the HM in Disneyworld suits the Ghost's and what theyre' wearing inside the actual ride. The nod to dutch colonial is in their dressing, the style of hats they're wearing in the graveyard scene. There really isn't a lot that suggests a "Southern" influence from the Civil war. Except perhaps the ballroom dancers. It seems more Colonial to me, but thats just my eye. There actually is a home along the Hudson River that resembles Disney's Tudor style Haunted Mansion from WDW. I think the Southern Mansion in DL is a nice facade too, but not as imposing and dark as the WDW one. I like the added touch of the conservatory to the right of the house. Its common in old mansions to have a conservatory on the right hand side, something to do with Southern exposure? Anyway I think the attention to detail is very good on that mansion.

BelleBeauty
04-06-2007, 12:33 PM
I love all of them, and that the same ride can be so very different in all places.

I had to pick DL because the Nightmare Before Christmas overhaul that I saw this October just blew me away! I agree too that I like wandering through the garden on the way up and the larger building with more visible details. Though I DO NOT like the bottle neck that happens from pre-show to ride vehicles.

The really love DLP too because it has a western twist (since all Americans are cowboys right?).

Of course WDW is the only one that I ride over and over and over and over and over...

dumbo ears
04-06-2007, 01:23 PM
i have only rode the one at WDW so i would have to vote for that one.

Christine
04-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Oh man, I thought this question meant like "which room" of the Haunted Mansion, not which actual Haunted Mansion.

I have only done WDW, so that is all I know.

But as an aside, my favorite room is the dining room of course!

DVC2004
04-06-2007, 01:56 PM
They're all great- they all fit thier theme/land perfectly. I have see Paris's Phantom Manor only in photos, but have been to both Florida and California. I think my fav is WDW Orlando's HM facade.

AliceinDisney
04-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Can't get enuff, you're cute! I like the Dining room scene too :) But what was meant by Facade, its french for the outside the actual structure itself :) I guess I should have worded it better , sorry!

Christine
04-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Can't get enuff, you're cute! I like the Dining room scene too :) But what was meant by Facade, its french for the outside the actual structure itself :) I guess I should have worded it better , sorry!

No, no, you worded it absolutely right... I just didn't know what that word meant! :blush: My bad!

4ubie1
04-06-2007, 02:52 PM
My vote is for WDW...but i have not seen the other two in person so my opinion might be alil biased :blush:

c&d
04-06-2007, 04:31 PM
I voted for DL. I love the way you walk up to the mansion.

CaptSmee
04-07-2007, 01:18 AM
I like the look of them all, but think that Phantom Manor is the creepiest looking facade. You just know that something's not right with that place when you see it...

Mousehead35
04-07-2007, 09:01 AM
I voted for WDW in Orlando. I always wished I could move right in and live there! LOL

AliceinDisney
04-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Gothic style mansions are usually the most effective at having that mysterious/spooky look to them.

ShanPooh
04-10-2007, 03:58 AM
WDW's - it's just spookier to me :hmghost:

Melanie
04-10-2007, 04:32 AM
I greatly prefer the Disneyland HM. The southern mansion has a perfect haunted feel.

ChipnDaleGal
04-10-2007, 05:41 AM
I prefer the Disneyland version of the Mansion. I think the southern thing works really well.

indytraveler
04-10-2007, 09:48 AM
I voted WDW b/c that's what I saw first. That's my original. DL paris I haven't seen so I only compared WDW and DL.

Marker
04-10-2007, 10:03 AM
It's a close one, but I voted for Disneyland.
Although, WDW is a VERY close second. I guess there's just something about the original.

As for DLP, I've never seen it in person, but to me it looks a lot like the Psycho house, or the Munster's home. Just a little to "average".

dolphinmickey9170
04-10-2007, 10:25 AM
I have a wallpaper of WDW faced.....It is soooo cool.

GrmGrninGost
04-14-2007, 11:46 PM
I love them all! But, I have to take WDW because it fits my idea of what a haunted house should look like.

Imakejessicarabbitjelous
04-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Walt Disney World
Disneyland Paris
Never been to Disneyland :(

Exo
04-15-2007, 02:55 PM
WDW!! :thumbsup:

Mickey91
04-15-2007, 05:51 PM
WDW!! It just looks like it's haunted!:hmghost: :bat:

PeterPan
04-16-2007, 10:07 AM
I have to vote for Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris. The incredible detail lavished on the weathered, western-themed facade is truly astonishing. And like Disneyland, you enter the house by walking around the porch. Of course, all the ghosts are themed after the wild, wild west. The costumes for the CM's at Phantom Manor go beyond beautiful - they are stunning. Can't say enough about it.