PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella Stroller

Tigerlilly
04-05-2007, 06:16 PM
The thread on having things stolen off a stroller got me thinking. My daughter is 2 and my husband does NOT want to take a stroller, I think thats a bit unreasonable to ask her to do all that walking, He says he will carry her when she gets tired, to that I say Riiiiiiiiiight.
She has a small Pooh umbrella stroller that lives in the back of our car. I thought we could collapse it and take it with us on rides. (Not roller coasters obviously). What do yall think? I figured it would be simple to carry it if she is walking.

onjbj
04-05-2007, 07:27 PM
As far as I know, you will not be allowed to bring even the smallest of strollers on any ride. They are pretty strict about it. Most of the strollers in the stroller parking areas are umbrella strollers. I have 2 yr old twins and, in my opinion, asking a 2 yr old to walk WDW is asking for tantrums, crankiness, and everything you do not want to deal with!! Plus, if your dtr wants to take a nap, she can fall asleep right in her stroller and you can still walk around the park. Wanting to hold your 2 yr old is admirable, but I think you should try to talk your hubby out of it!!

Karin

goofiecrazy
04-05-2007, 07:27 PM
You cant take strollers onto the rides as far as I know. You can just leave it parked with the rest of the strollers that are parked in the stroller areas.

disneykat
04-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Most definately take your umbrella stroller. They are so small yet priceless in the parks. The rental strollers are hard plastic and not very comfy for the little ones. Also at the end of the day when your daughter is exhausted, you can push her all the way to the car or bus and from there to your room. I took an umbrella stroller for my daugher until she was almost 6 years old. She's small for her age so it worked out great. If you don't feel like bringing it home, you can always find a kind family that would be happy to have it. As a side note, make sure you tie something on the handle that is easily recognized as yours. There will be 400 Pooh strollers just like yours when you get there. It will help you avoid having your stroller taken by accident. Have a great time!:mickey:

Kenny1113
04-05-2007, 07:51 PM
I agree with the others, a 2 year old w/o a stroller will make for a very difficult vacation. I have been many times with our stroller and leave EVERYTHING ( a BIG backpack ) except valuables ( camera and $$$$ ) on the stroller. Not to say that it can't happen, but I have never had anything stollen off of the stroller. If that is your concern just take a small bag and take that wiht you on the ride as opposed to the stroller.

kathiep
04-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Take the umbrella stroller.

My DD was 21 months when we were there last September. It was easy to fold and carry when she wanted to walk.

But there were many times that she was happy to be able and sit/rest. Especially on the long walks out of the parks.

vamaggie
04-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Definately take your stroller!! Our DD is 4 and we could not imagine going to WDW (or the zoo, the mall, long walks etc) w/ her w/o a stroller. We like being able to let her ride when she wants and it is light enough to push even if she is not in it (much easier IMO than folding and carrying it). Plus you can use it to carry bags etc if she is not in it. If DH is really against taking it, have him carry a 20-30 lb bag of flour around the house, up and down stairs, in and out of the car for about 2 hours (potential amt of nap for a 2 yr old at WDW) w/o putting it down and see if he is still game to "just carry her!"

thejens
04-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Oh my goodness I cannot imagine why you wouldn't take the stroller. I dread the day I cant bring ours! I really like the fact that we can put all our stuff in the shelf under the stroller (except camera and money). The stroller is great to have even when my child is walking and it just carries ponchos, diaper bag, soda/water bottles, the map and guide books, various souvenirs, sun screen, bug spray, a pair of clean clothes, waterproof shoes, the spray water bottles, ........

kakn7294
04-05-2007, 08:56 PM
My husband and I both think that your husband is totally unreasonable to not have a stroller and he will end up regretting it. It won't be easy for him to carry her that much and it won't be comfortable for her to be carried that much, especially when she wants to nap. If she's not potty-trained or even if she is and has an accident, that's 2 sets of clothes that need changed (more stuff to carry!). It will be hot enough to get sweaty from carrying her around. When you want or need to baby-swap for attractions, you can do that while she naps in her stroller. If you plan to watch the parades and/or fireworks, she can sit in her stroller. When you are in a hurry to get somewhere, she can ride in it, making your pace much faster. When your daughter is not using the stroller to ride, you can use it to carry your stuff and give yourself a break from lugging the load. Unfortunately, you won't be able to take it on most attractions but it will be well worth having it. Good luck on convincing him!

Jasper
04-05-2007, 11:11 PM
With a 2 year old I would most certainly take the stroller. Don't worry about anyone stealing it while on a ride. While I am sure it has happened, stolen strollers are very rare. Like others have already said, I suspect most missing strollers are a matter of misidentification rather than an actual desire to steal one.

TiggerRPh
04-06-2007, 12:29 AM
The thread on having things stolen off a stroller got me thinking. My daughter is 2 and my husband does NOT want to take a stroller, I think thats a bit unreasonable to ask her to do all that walking, He says he will carry her when she gets tired, to that I say Riiiiiiiiiight.
She has a small Pooh umbrella stroller that lives in the back of our car. I thought we could collapse it and take it with us on rides. (Not roller coasters obviously). What do yall think? I figured it would be simple to carry it if she is walking.

I think that 2 years old is too young to go without a stroller. I would bring the umbrella stroller and just remember never to leave anything in the stroller that you can't do without.

I have never experienced anything being stollen from a stroller and I really don't think that it's that prevalent.

wdwjenn
04-06-2007, 08:31 AM
We will be taking our own lightweigt stroller this fall, or son will be 27 months. I don't think strollers get stolen intentionally but by accident. I am going to place a colorful ribbon on one of the handles to make our stroller stand out a bit :mickey:
I would not leave any valuables in the stroller but the stroller itself I am not too concerned about.
I think bringing you own stroller is the way to go with a 2 year old :cloud9:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-06-2007, 10:42 PM
:thumbsup: Another bring the stroller vote.

Just another thought, my kids all took naps at 2, even in the parks. You might want to consider a stroller that reclines if your daughter still naps and you can get one. It won't be much of an issue if you are going back to the hotel during the day. We never have because the kids were always comfy taking a nap in their strollers in a shady spot.

Have a great trip!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-06-2007, 11:34 PM
He says he will carry her when she gets tired .:funny::funny:

Bring it. :mickey: