PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Mugs

KathyMO
04-05-2007, 04:59 PM
I just seen on another site where WDW has started using generic refillable mugs at some of the resorts. I always like buying a mug from each resort we stay at. If they start doing this at all resorts then all mugs new mugs will look a like. :mad:

Kathy

Goofeygal
04-05-2007, 06:35 PM
We do the samething. I wonder how they will tell if you bought it at that resort or not.

Dopey's Girl
04-05-2007, 07:54 PM
When I was at Pop last month they had the generic mugs, as well as the Pop mugs. I asked one of the CM's and she told me that they were told that they would still have Pop mugs as well. I hope that's true! I love getting a new mug every trip!

JPL
04-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Actually they loook like the are themed to YOAMD which I think is rather cool considering I have 3 Pop Mugs sitting in my house. I would love to have them themed to the celebration or Dated with the year for my second or third stay at a resort. :thumbsup:

disneyfan1124
04-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong--when you purchase a mug, the intent is that you have free refils at the resort from which the mug was purchased-correct?

Refils are not free at other resorts-correct?

If the mugs are indeed YOAMD, wouldn't they be refillable anywhere?

dbmarie
04-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Probably they will eventually replace the resort mugs. I think the intent is to force people to buy new mugs every year since they have the year on them.

DizneyRox
04-06-2007, 07:27 AM
I agree, I think the bigger problem is people coming back to the same resort year after year and using old mugs. I don't think it's such a problem that I would bring my GF mug to POP and use it there.

Putting a real date on the mug might the solution all around. I would guess that not many poeple return several times a year, at least not as many as return to the same resort year after year. I'm a frequent visitor and I'm constantly changing resorts (sometimes three times a trip).

Christine
04-06-2007, 04:21 PM
here's a picture of what they look like
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2296166740085605958udBACU?vhost=good-times

big blue and hairy
04-06-2007, 05:29 PM
I don't know if this is the case, but WDW does sell mugs that are not refillable, just meant as souveniers...

:sulley:

DisneyDudet
04-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Now, I haven't gotten a resort mug in years, and I was wondering if they ask for your resort ID when you purchase?

Mickey 101
04-07-2007, 12:42 AM
No, they don't require a resort ID to purchase a refillable mug. I guess they assume you're staying there or it wouldn't be worth buying one.

Spaceship Tigger
04-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Sounds like it would be a good idea to be a generic mug and have the year on it - then it would theoretically solve the problem of people bringing them back year to year. I wouldn't want them to replace the individual resort mugs though. How hard would it really be for WDW to print the year on the resort mugs anyway?

Of course, the cast members typically just let people do whatever they want anyway, so until they change that its all sort of irrelevant...

caryrae
04-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Sounds like it would be a good idea to be a generic mug and have the year on it - then it would theoretically solve the problem of people bringing them back year to year. I wouldn't want them to replace the individual resort mugs though. How hard would it really be for WDW to print the year on the resort mugs anyway?

Of course, the cast members typically just let people do whatever they want anyway, so until they change that its all sort of irrelevant...

What about the ton people who go more then once a year? They could just change the design of the mugs every year but it would be nice to have the year on it anyway just so people can remember when they got the mug for sentimental reasons.

January-2007
04-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Freaky. I would like one because it says 2007 on it and that's a big year for us, getting married and going to WDW so many times... In January we stayed at Pop Century and they did not have these mugs, only the ones that they had in October that say Pop Century on them. In October they didn't yet have the popcorn tubs to match either, then in January they did- you know, the ones that match this cup design. Seems like everything comes in shifts.. I guess I would get this mug, but only because we already have the resort mug. I would never want all the mugs to be the same at all the different resorts, that's what makes it so much fun to go different places and collect all the different ones! I'm looking forward to getting a mug at the Beach Club in May, I would hate to think that our first stay there would include a "generic" mug and not one of that resort. Seems like the year design shouldn't really be on the resort refillable mugs, but more just mugs you can buy in the themeparks when you buy popcorn and such. That's my two cents at least.

caryrae
04-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Is there any place to see pics of the Resorts mugs? I would love to see what each one looks like. I have seen only the POP and ASMo mugs.

darthmacho
04-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I don't like the idea of generic mugs either. The point of the mugs, in my opinion, is to mark the occasion of staying at a specific resort, or visiting a certain park. Generic mugs would ruin that. :mad:

cgriff
04-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Mugs, shmugs... I like to just stick my head under the soda fountain nozzle directly, or drink straight from the lobby coffee pot. Can Disney accommodate my 'drinking problem'? :crazy:

cgriff

January-2007
04-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Mugs, shmugs... I like to just stick my head under the soda fountain nozzle directly, or drink straight from the lobby coffee pot. Can Disney accommodate my 'drinking problem'? :crazy:

cgriff

:funny: I can picture it now, just like Brandon Fraser in the movie "Encino Man" with the slurpee machine...

cgriff
04-07-2007, 08:39 PM
:funny: I can picture it now, just like Brandon Fraser in the movie "Encino Man" with the slurpee machine...

Indeed! "Encino Man", a Disney film by the way...

cgriff

ariel03
04-07-2007, 09:12 PM

cgriff

Indeed! "Encino Man", a Disney film by the way...

cgriff

Hilarious! :funny:

DisneyDudet
04-07-2007, 10:39 PM
If they have generic mugs... you can use them at other resorts.. unless the resort name is on it somewhere somehow.

How about lifetime refillable mugs!! I could go for that one...

Oooh! There's a YOMD prize!

caryrae
04-07-2007, 11:21 PM
If they have generic mugs... you can use them at other resorts.. unless the resort name is on it somewhere somehow.

How about lifetime refillable mugs!! I could go for that one...

Oooh! There's a YOMD prize!

When they first came out with the mugs they were refillable for life. So people who have one should be able use them year after year.

cgriff
04-08-2007, 10:15 AM
When they first came out with the mugs they were refillable for life. So people who have one should be able use them year after year.

ZOiKS! :eyes: Really?

<<Searching now through my pots-n-pans drawer for my old WL mug! :look: >>

cgriff

MNNHFLTX
04-08-2007, 11:21 AM
ZOiKS! :eyes: Really?

<<Searching now through my pots-n-pans drawer for my old WL mug! :look: >>

cgriff

Please note that this policy changed back in 2002, so any mugs purchased after that are subject to "length of stay" refills at the resort they were purchased at. :mickey:

thejens
04-08-2007, 03:26 PM
My goodness, I try to save money where I can, but I cannot imagine sneaking my mug around from year to year and from resort to resort! It seems to me that for the small amount of folks that would actually go to different resorts for refills, they should allow it anyway. I've never done the mug but plan to this year if it will stand up in my stroller cup holder. That is my only real requirement. I am hoping the larger style will fit, if not it will not work for me! I'm staying at Beach Club in just 48 days!!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

magicofdisney
04-08-2007, 04:15 PM
My goodness, I try to save money where I can, but I cannot imagine sneaking my mug around from year to year and from resort to resort! It seems to me that for the small amount of folks that would actually go to different resorts for refills, they should allow it anyway. I've never done the mug but plan to this year if it will stand up in my stroller cup holder. That is my only real requirement. I am hoping the larger style will fit, if not it will not work for me! I'm staying at Beach Club in just 48 days!!!!!!!!!!:mickey:
What I don't get is the guys in the trench coat and sun glasses.:spy: As if we don't know they have a mug under there just waiting for that CM to look the other way.

PirateStitch
04-08-2007, 08:37 PM
I've bought a few different mugs from different resorts. Mainly bc I keep forgetting my mug. But, I've used different Disney Resort Mugs at different resorts and I have never been stopped or scolded. I always thought that it was alright. Your paying so much for the mugs..and it doesn't specifically state this resort only. Any one know for sure ?

Melanie
04-08-2007, 08:51 PM
I've bought a few different mugs from different resorts. Mainly bc I keep forgetting my mug. But, I've used different Disney Resort Mugs at different resorts and I have never been stopped or scolded. I always thought that it was alright. Your paying so much for the mugs..and it doesn't specifically state this resort only. Any one know for sure ?

See Beth's post above.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
04-08-2007, 09:03 PM
If I was going to buy a refillable mug (we don't) I would want a resort specific one.

Really, I have never understood the interest that the mugs generate on WDW discussion boards. We prefer to have drinks in our room, and not have to walk a distance to get a drink!

tinkerbell615
04-08-2007, 09:27 PM

Is that true? I did not realize that. We always buy new ones when we go so we can keep them from each visit. I even thought that you were supposed to buy new ones for each trip when they first started selling them. We have several mugs from prior to 2002 but would not think of bringing them back to the parks to use again.

Here we go again...
04-09-2007, 12:35 AM
We bought our first mugs on our very first Disney trip in 2001. I did not know at that time that I would be purchasing a piece of gold... my mugs are part of the ones that are good forever.
I never remember to bring those mugs back so we end up buying more each trip. I love drinking out of those mugs though. They make me smile. :D

caryrae
04-09-2007, 10:40 AM

Here is a response from Disney about the refillable mugs. I wrote them a few months ago.

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

The "Souvenir Mug" program at Walt Disney World Resorts allow you to refill beverages (including hot
coffee & tea) at your Resort for the length of your current stay. Please note that this program is
for your Resort only. It is not extended for refills at other Walt Disney World Resorts or Theme
Parks. It is also intended to be for only 1 person, not to be shared.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all
correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Bano Carlos
WDW Online Communications

cinderella crazy
04-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Here is a response from Disney about the refillable mugs. I wrote them a few months ago.

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

The "Souvenir Mug" program at Walt Disney World Resorts allow you to refill beverages (including hot
coffee & tea) at your Resort for the length of your current stay. Please note that this program is
for your Resort only. It is not extended for refills at other Walt Disney World Resorts or Theme
Parks. It is also intended to be for only 1 person, not to be shared.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all
correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Bano Carlos
WDW Online Communications

So does that mean hot chocolate is not included? I hope so or I've ben breaking the rules:(

DisneyDudet
04-09-2007, 11:58 AM
So my Dixie Landings Cup from.. way before 2002 is good for life? Does that mean I can get them from other resorts... I also have one from ASMu... or does it mean I can only use them at that resort for life?

Wow.. a real life treasure!

caryrae
04-09-2007, 12:04 PM
So my Dixie Landings Cup from.. way before 2002 is good for life? Does that mean I can get them from other resorts... I also have one from ASMu... or does it mean I can only use them at that resort for life?

Wow.. a real life treasure!

I belive it as always been that you can only use the mug from the resort you bought it from.

poeticeclipse
04-09-2007, 12:16 PM
The letter above never actually stated that you weren't allowed to bring the mugs back year after year and use them again. Is this just a univerally accepted "no no" or have people actually been scolded on this?

caryrae
04-09-2007, 12:23 PM
The letter above never actually stated that you weren't allowed to bring the mugs back year after year and use them again. Is this just a univerally accepted "no no" or have people actually been scolded on this?

Actually it does say the mugs are good only for the length of your current stay.

Speedy1998
04-09-2007, 01:04 PM
To Quote my mug that I am drinking from right now.

"REFILLABLE ONLY AT LOCATION PURCHASED"

"FREE REFILLS UNTIL THE END OF YOUR STAY"

I believe the ones that I have from 2000 only say "refillable only at location purchased" but I don't use those all the time because they do not fit in my cars cup holders.

massachusetts
04-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I have some older mugs that don't say anything on them except the resort logo. I even have some old Port Orleans (before the two resorts mergered). When we bought them they were supposed to be good forever. Is that still true?

CleveRocks
04-09-2007, 04:23 PM
The letter above never actually stated that you weren't allowed to bring the mugs back year after year and use them again. Um ... yes it did.

I put it in bold italics below:

The "Souvenir Mug" program at Walt Disney World Resorts allow you to refill beverages (including hot coffee & tea) at your Resort for the length of your current stay. Please note that this program is for your Resort only. It is not extended for refills at other Walt Disney World Resorts or Theme Parks. It is also intended to be for only 1 person, not to be shared.

JPL
04-09-2007, 05:13 PM
The thing that is really the issue here IMHO we are talking about $12 a person this certainly won't make or break anyone going on a WDW vacation. It's still the best value at WDW considering the price of beverages. I have gotten more than money worth for refillable mug with breakfast and a late soda when I return from the parks in a single day.

poeticeclipse
04-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Um ... yes it did.

I put it in bold italics below:

The "Souvenir Mug" program at Walt Disney World Resorts allow you to refill beverages (including hot coffee & tea) at your Resort for the length of your current stay. Please note that this program is for your Resort only. It is not extended for refills at other Walt Disney World Resorts or Theme Parks. It is also intended to be for only 1 person, not to be shared.

Oh geez! I'm sorry, I obviously can't read. Sorry to cause an uproar!!

mecarroll
04-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Okay, I think we might have it settled that the mugs are good for one stay, for one one person, for one resort, and for just about any beverage (as long as it is during your same trip, the same person, and the same resort). But, if they are going generic, does that mean we can use it at any resort?

During my DW's and I honeymoon last year, we visited just about every deluxe resort. It sure would be nice to stroll up and hit the coke machine for a refill.

TammiMcMan
04-09-2007, 07:43 PM
But, if they are going generic, does that mean we can use it at any resort?No, regardless of the design, they are still only good at the resort you are staying in, for that length of stay. I think it was during the 25th Anniversary that they used the same commemorative design and then switched back after the celebration was over. I imagine they will do the same thing with the YOAMD design.

Folks, the mug issue has been discussed and discussed and discussed. Disney has stated their policy of same resort, length of stay. There are signs at the refillable stations, as well as the policy written on the mug itself. For those who purchased them during the "life long" refill campaign, simply look on the mug design. If the policy isn't stated, you got a great deal and feel free to bring them back each trip you take to that same resort.

If anyone would like to comment on the designs, that's fine, but let's not go into opinions or morals about bypassing the posted policy. It's a quick way to get this thread closed and it's against INTERCOT's terms of service.

Thanks.

DisneyDudet
04-10-2007, 10:09 AM
I have the one from the 25 anniversary. I'm going to get it off my pretty little shelf sometime and look at it.

The designs are cute, but I wish they would have done one like this for the 50th, that was a real celebration.. not YOMD... its just ... well.. not a celebration!