PDA

View Full Version : Robeez Shoes for Infants - Do You Recommend Them?

mjaclyn
04-05-2007, 03:26 PM
I see a lot of children wearing those soft 'Robeez' shoes and was thinking about getting DD 5mos a pair. Do you use them for your child(ren)? Are they only for walkers? DD doesn't walk yet and probably won't for a couple of months. Should I save the money now and wait until she starts taking her first steps?

murphy1
04-05-2007, 03:37 PM
I think they are so cute, however they just grow so fast as babies, I never bought them and I figured for the price, I would wait until their feet got less growth to spend a lot on shoes. Some of my friends have them and like them. They do sell them on Ebay for a better price, if you want to go there.

merlinmagic4
04-05-2007, 05:15 PM
I LOVE them for my pre-walker. They don't come off!! He was kicking off regular type shoes. I bought a gently used pair on ebay and then asked for another pair for him for Christmas. They are expensive (25.00) but he wears them everyday and "cheap" shoes really aren't that much less actually. It's not like we have a different pair for every outfit :)

crazypoohbear
04-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Unless things have changed in the last decade I was always told that you don't need shoes on pre walkers or even beginning walkers. the Doctors I saw (including an orthopedic dr) told me that it is best to let feet be free. The only time kids really need shoes when they start walking is when they are outside. Being barefoot and walking around the house is better for building muscles in the feet and legs.
So IMHO save your money. Shoes are really expensive and need to be replaces often on small ones.:mickey:

TikiGoddess
04-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Think of them as 'protective socks'. They're really not shoes in the fact that they provide no support but they do protect the feet. I had a pair for my first baby and she wore them all the time. They really do stay on!

If you can get a discounted pair, I would say go for it. I'd send you my old pair to try out but they're worn and they're PINK. Don't think your little guy would like that. :)

TikiG

kakn7294
04-06-2007, 12:36 PM
I don't have any experience with Robeez shoes but my DD's wore "shoes" when they were pre-walker infants whenever we went out. They had those soft infant shoes. They have to have something on their feet, especially in colder weather and even inside in the AC. Sometimes socks just don't cut it.

BrerGnat
04-06-2007, 01:06 PM
I think they are great. They are like leather socks...they are NOT like shoes at all, to the posters who mentioned that bare feet are best, these are basically like bare feet. I let my son go barefoot almost all the time, but if he will be crawling around outside, I put on his robeez.

I bought a pair for my son (now 12 months) when he was 5 months old and he still wears them. I would recommend getting the 12-18 month size, because even if they are big (too long), they will stay on with the elastic around the ankle. That way, they can be grown into. The 6-12 month size is WAY too small for most babies. It translates to a size 3 shoe, which is tiny. You can't really try them on, so if your baby has even SORT OF chubby feet, stay away from the 6-12 month size.

I use them as my son's primary shoes, since he is just barely walking (mostly crawling and cruising still). They come in very handy at the park, especially, because they can crawl around and not scrape the tops of their feet on that rubbery surface or on concrete.

Buy a pair in a neutral color and just buy ONE pair. Don't get caught up in how cute they are. You really only need one pair. They are SUPER durable. My son has been wearing the same pair almost daily for over 6 months and they look brand new (even though they have been used a LOT).

You can throw them in the washing machine if you need to, but if you buy a dark color (like navy or brown), you don't even need to ever wash them.

I don't think they are that expensive. My kids wear Stride Rite shoes, since they both have very wide feet, and THOSE are pricey! $25-30 is almost reasonable compared to the average price I pay ($45) for each of the pairs of shoes I end up buying for my DS (almost 3). :eek:

Try going to Shoebuy dot com. Enter "Robeez" in the search, and then sort by Price. You will get a bunch that are on sale for $25. Shoebuy offers free shipping, no tax, and free returns. If you register as a customer on your first purchase you will get an automatic 10% off. For an additional $5 off, enter the code: ACCESS in the promo code box. I buy ALL my kids shoes (and many for myself) off that site, and they are the BEST!

merlinmagic4
04-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Unless things have changed in the last decade I was always told that you don't need shoes on pre walkers or even beginning walkers. the Doctors I saw (including an orthopedic dr) told me that it is best to let feet be free. The only time kids really need shoes when they start walking is when they are outside. Being barefoot and walking around the house is better for building muscles in the feet and legs.
So IMHO save your money. Shoes are really expensive and need to be replaces often on small ones.:mickey:

You are right and that is what is great about Robeez! They aren't like shoes at all but they keep the feet safe and warm when they can't be barefoot :) My son is always barefoot in the house!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-06-2007, 10:53 PM
We are huge Robeez fans. My daughter is 3 and still wears them in size 2-3. She has really small feet...lol. She uses them as slippers in the house.
As a baby, she wore them all the time. They are really durable and wash really well. She wore them at the park when she was learning to walk and I never had to worry about her feet.
I never put "real" shoes on my kids before they could walk, I never had a second thought about Robeez. They really are great!! I asked my Ped about them when she was an infant and he has nothing but good things to say about them too. That sealed the deal for us. We have loved them ever since.

Get a pair, or at least 3 a size like us. ;)

hooberry
04-06-2007, 11:15 PM
I loved Robeez, they absolutely stay on and are the next best thing to being bearfoot. My daughter wore them around the house when she was walking, our tile floors always seem cold. I bought a new pair on ebay for about 15$ and resold them after she outgrew then for about 7$. They are machine washable and last a long time, they can easily be passed down to several kids before wearing out:thumbsup:

Dakota Rose
04-08-2007, 04:42 PM
They're wonderful. I was VERY skeptical and thought they were silly, but once someone gave 'em to us, I was hooked. I hated how expensive they were, but we did get A LOT of use out of them. Now, they sell knock-off versions at Target, Wal-Mart and Old Navy. I will definitely buy them again when I have another baby.