PDA

View Full Version : disney busses from parks to swan and dolphin hotel?

Yano
04-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Hi guys I need your help again :blush:
My DH has a conference to attend at the dolphin hotel, for two of the days that we are there; since we are staying on Disney grounds we are not renting a car. I was wondering since the Swan and Dolphin are not really Disney property, do the shuttles, or busses go to these hotels, like if my DH wanted to go from AKL to Swan what should he do?
Also does anyone know if the Magic Express goes to the Swan or Dolphin?
:grad: :flower:

Figment!
04-05-2007, 03:22 PM
They are not on Magical Express, but they do use Disney Transportation.

This means Buses and FriendSHIP Boats to and from the parks.

There is no Disney Transportation between Resorts, so you would need to get to a park or Downtown Disney and then go to the Resort from there.

The Swan and Dolphin also participate in Extra Magic Hours, in case you were wondering.

Happy Planning! :mickey:

Through the looking Glass
04-05-2007, 05:01 PM
The busses to Swan and Dophin are shared with the Boardwalk and Yacht Club resorts. They go to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Downtown disney, and the waterparks. To get to MGM you can walk or take a boat. Epcot is just a short walk through the boardwalk resort and has its own entrance through International Gateway.(Rarely any lines.) When traveling to a different resort we usally go to Magic Kingdom. It seems they have to most busses to each resort.

Maleficent's Dad
04-05-2007, 09:52 PM
The busses to Swan and Dophin are shared with the Boardwalk and Yacht Club resorts.
The Swan/Dolphin will, at times, share buses with other resorts. Most commonly, they share a bus with the BW.
At different times of the year, the bus will also be shared with the BC/YC resorts, but from what we've experienced, this practice has been almost eliminated. The BC/YC seem to have their own buses more often, and the BW seems to share with the Swan/Dolphin more often.

Of course, like everything at Disney, this probably changes daily as needed. ;)

WelshieLover
04-06-2007, 03:19 PM
As far as sharing a bus with the BC/YC, I think it all depends on the time of year. In February we took a bus from AK to the BC and it stopped at the Swan and Dolphin first.

LudwigVonDrake
04-06-2007, 10:58 PM
I stayed at the Beach Club in July 2005 and we shared buses with Yacht Club, Swan, and Dolphin :drive:

Yano
04-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Thnak you. :thanks:
I will let my DH know.
:grad: :flower:

TammiMcMan
04-07-2007, 07:16 PM
like if my DH wanted to go from AKL to Swan what should he do?Considering you can't go from resort to resort on the buses, he'll have 3 options.

#1. Take a taxi from AKL to the Swan
#2. Take the MGM bus from the AKL, from there, it's about a 5-10 minute walk to the Swan
#3. Take the DTD bus from the AKL, switch there to the Swan bus.