PDA

View Full Version : Renting and transport to Car Care Center

King Triton
04-05-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm going down for awhile this summer and I was going to rent a car for the whole time from MCO, but now I'm thinking I might use Magical Express and pick up the car a few days later. Alamo has rentals at both the Dolphin and the Car Care Center. Interestingly, the rates at the Dolphin are very high, while the CCC rates are similar to those I'd get at MCO.

So, a couple of questions.

How's the vehicle selection at the Car Care Center? I can't imagine they'd have a huge inventory.

Using Disney transportation, how does one get to the Car Care Center? Do the buses even stop there?

Checkers
04-05-2007, 04:20 PM
The last two times we were at WDW we picked up our rental car at the Dolphin. We used National and thought the rate we were charged was reasonable. If you use the CCC, you can just have the front desk or concierge at your hotel give them (CCC) a call and they will pick you up and take you to the CCC for your car. Have fun!:mickey:

angedeaile
04-06-2007, 10:33 AM
On my last trip to DW, I rented from the CCC.

I had to call the night before to let them know I needed transportation there and to set up a time. They showed up right on time with a bus. The driver was lovely. They dropped us off and viola!

They did have variation. I am just not sure what you catagorize as a HUGE selection.

I know they had more options than some places around where I live, but I have seen more options at rental places at large airports.

SO I would say they are somewhere in the middle when it comes to selection.

'Guest' of the MasterControlProgram
04-07-2007, 10:46 PM
This is sorta related. Had some repair work done at the CCC once. It was a one day deal so we didn't rent, figured we'd try the disney buses for once. We drove to the CCC and they gave us a lift to the kennel by the TTC where we took the bus to MGM. Later in the day when it was time to pick up the car we went back to the TTC and called the CCC from the gift shop next to the kennel and waited in front of the kennel (that road that I can't remember the name of but you'd take to drive to the Poly) and we were picked up. Worked well for our needs. I'm sure they'll work out something for you.

Side note: if you want to hear the lil' story about needing repair:
We took my car once (my now-wife had the newer and bigger car, and it hadn't been in any fender benders, so taking mine is abnomal) when my wife's car needed repair a day or two before we were going to drive on down to WDW. Now, I had tune up recently and yet my wife noticed a "noise" under my hood on the way down. While on the NJ-DE ferry I looked under the hood I saw that the fan-belt (or whatever they call it these days, it does everything but the fan since the fan is electric) was frayed! :eyes: But it looked like we'd make it there and we did. My wife once drove all the way down US192 to the Pep Boys years ago (in her previous relationship) and lost a day at the parks.... I said "hey, that's what the CCC is for!" End of story :party:

iceicebritney
04-08-2007, 04:32 PM
we are renting a car in key west for a wedding, and dropping it off at the CCC in magic kingdom... is there transportation to your hotel then from the CCC? (buses, taxis, etc) and is it provided by disney? do we have to arrange it the night before?

we need to get from the CCC to our disney resort.

angedeaile
04-08-2007, 05:09 PM
we are renting a car in key west for a wedding, and dropping it off at the CCC in magic kingdom... is there transportation to your hotel then from the CCC? (buses, taxis, etc) and is it provided by disney? do we have to arrange it the night before?

As I previously mentioned...yes, there is transportation through CCC that will pick you up and drop you off.

Their busses aren't big like ME and DW Park busses, so I don't think it is provided by Disney. They strongly suggest you call the night before to schedule transportation.

If you have any questions or concerns, I suggest calling them. They are wonderful over there!

lindique
04-08-2007, 07:41 PM

You don't need a reservation when returning a car - only when going to the CCC to pick up a car. Alamo has airport-type shuttle vehicles on site there. All you do when you have finished returning the car is to walk outside. I've never waited more than 5-10 minutes for a shuttle, and they'll take you any place on property you want to go. It's free - I usually tip the driver.

Harriet
04-09-2007, 07:40 AM
I used the CCC the year before last and it was wonderfull just call them the night before for a pickup at your hotell and they will come and get you. The return is painless as well. In fact yous can be dropped off at any place within Disneyworld. I did this so I could have breakfast at another hotel my last day and then hopped on the bus to get back to my hotel for DME to airport. The car select is pretty good. If you make reservations ahead they can get a car of your choice brough to the CCC from the fleet anywhere.