PDA

View Full Version : AK-Extra Magic Hours Plan

2disneyfans
04-05-2007, 01:50 PM
DH and I have been trying to figure out how to use the morning EMH at AK to our advantage. Last year, we ended up missing most of the morning EMH due to sleeping in. This year, we want to try to get to the parks earlier. If you are there when the park opens, is it best to go get a fast pass right away for a popular ride or just ride it right away? For example, we know we want to ride EE but we also want to do the safari. Do we first get a FP for one and then go ride the other one without the FP? What has worked for you? We will be there at the end of June. Of course, we will not be "locked into" our plans, we just enjoy thinking about it in advance!:thumbsup:

MOJoe
04-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Yes. Go to EE and get a fastpass, then take the Safari ride. You could of course reverse the process. The pre-ride area of EE is way cool, and can be lingered over.

battle beast
04-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Do the safari in the morning, the animals are way different!

yemmer
04-05-2007, 02:52 PM
We just returned from Disney yesterday and took advantage of the early entry. Be warned that the majority of people rush for EE as soon as the park opened. We headed to Dinosaur first then we went over to EE and got a fast pass. The park had opened at 7AM and by 7:30 the fast pass for EE was 8:55AM. Safari is much longer than Dinosaur, so that being said I would go to Ee first and get a fast pass and then head over to the Safari. Hope this helps

Goes4FastPass
04-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Our strategy:

We went morning EMH to AK and went straight EE. We thought we'd get a FP but the line for FPs was longer than the line to get on the ride ( !!).

After getting off EE we went straight to KSaf and the wait was still to short to merit a FP.

After KSaf we had breakfast nearby at Tusker House - we didn't want to get up early enough to eat before morning EMH.

We checked KSaf before we went to Tusker House if the wait merited a FP we have have picked up FP and returned after breakfast.

We are E-Ticket Commandos.

PS: If you plan to ride Kali River Rapids, plan (probably FP) to ride after FOTLK or Finding Nemo. You do not want to get (possibly) soaking wet then sit in an air conditioned theater...

TBY2225
04-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Maybe it was because we went in the off season, but we encountered quite a few fasspasses machines that where not operating during the EMH. On the morning we went to the MK we went straight into Fantasyland and rode every thing there in the one hour for EMH. We then headed around and got some fasspasses. Once the park opened for all guest we were already inside and went straight to the fastpass machines before the other guest could walk to them!

tlhewitt52
04-06-2007, 09:54 AM
http://jokeonlinesite.com/hoax/aprilfool.html

When we were down last May I had my husband take the resort keys and get FP for EE then me and the kids went straight to the Safari and waited for him we got on both rides early in the morning and neither line had lines. I think you would be better getting a FP for EE because it seems like Kilo Safari lost it's luster a bit an everyone runs for Everest!!.

magicman
04-06-2007, 10:13 AM
The last time that we went, we walked over to EE at the opening to get a fastpass (we were planning on riding kili safaris first); however, there was less than a 10 minute wait at EE so we went ahead and rode it. After we got off EE, we got a fastpass to ride it again later in the day, then we walked over to kili safaris & had less than a 10 minute wait there.

Honestly, I think people miss out on the REAL best tip of WDW...get there early:alarm: . In the case of getting to AK early, you not only get a lot more accomplished before 10:00am, you get to see a lot more animals on kili safaris.

My thoughts...

BelleBeauty
04-06-2007, 12:29 PM
We were in the middle/back of the pack of people heading into AK on our last trip. We watched the opening ceremony and then the pack splits - half to EE, half to KS. We went to EE. By the time we got there, the FP line was LONG. So we opted to just jump onto the ride. There was a minimal wait. We grabbed a FP after we got off, much shorter line.

I would suggest doing this and then heading over to KS or Dinosaur. Dinosaur is closer to EE, but I agree that the Safari is worth the line in the morning because the animals are likely to be more active.

Spaceship Tigger
04-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Our plan is to head to EE first at EMH opening. Only one of us can ride at a time (thanks to the kiddies), so we get a babyswap pass for one of us while the other one rides. The one of us not riding (likely me) goes and gets a FP to the Safari for all of us. Then we trade off on EE.