Frank Bullitt
04-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Hey guys,
question for those who have eaten at the Grand Floridian restaurants like
1900 Park Fare
GF Cafe
Citricos
Narcosees
I am staying at the GF for my next trip (sept 2007) and wanted some info on the restaurants at the hotel...

how does Narcosees stack up versus the "upper end" dining experiences, I have stayed at the Contemporary Resort and eaten at the Cali Grille and have loved it, is the food similar in quality? Also do you have a view of Wishes at Narcosees or Citricos?

Also has anyone done the 1900 Park Fare solo (probably be breakfast)? I have done Chef Mickey's solo and "face" character meals solo like Aekershus, and enjoyed playing "fish out of water" but any input you could give would be great.

Thanks guys!
:mickey:

Bruegge
04-05-2007, 02:04 PM
I loved narcoosee's,

Love the food service and location down on the water.

Never did the the other places. I hold Narcoosee's up with CG ... Have ressies for both in may.

have asked ( in posts here) about citricous... it seems while very favorable (no negatives) Narcoosee's was about a 3-2 favorite.

Scott

crazykids
04-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Narcoossees has very good food! Even though it is a nice restaurant, I wouldn't call it fancy. It was loud & full of families when I was there. Citricos is a much more upscale restaurant IMHO, however, I would always choose Narcoossees out of the two. You can also view wishes from this restaurant.

pox24
04-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Don't change a thing! :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
04-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Narcoossee's is our very favorite "upper end" restaurant (along with V&A). We love Cali Grill, but we love Narcoossee's even more.

We strongly dislike Citricos. Had very rude service both times we've dined there, although the food was very good. We will not be going back.

Narcoossee's has the best service, food, and an awesome view of Wishes. We were also lucky enough to watch the shuttle launch there this past December. :thumbsup: Our server was so friendly, and gave us complimentary Iron Horse Fairytale champagne because we were celebrating our anniversary, along with including pressed coffee (on top of the included soft drinks we had) and additional appetizers (we both had appetizers AND salads) under the DDP. :secret: The only money out of our pockets was a much deserved additional gratuity.

Natazu
04-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Narcoossee's is every bit as good as California Grill though the view is not quite as good. Four star service, selection, and food quality. Two thumbs up.

Citricos is another excellent restaurant. Brilliant wine list, first rate service and food. They have one of the best appetizers in the world, Gateau of Crab.

Grand Floridian Cafe is one of the best 1TS restaurants at WDW. The menu is a little limited, especially for lunch, but the food and service are great.

Park Fare is a character meal. It is a great way to meet princesses without spending a million dollars. The food is about the same as the other character meals. Note that different meal times have different character groups. See Into Central for more.

And don't forget about Vicky's. When it comes to true continental four-star gourmet dining, Victoria & Albert's offers the best in Florida. Winner of 7, count 'em 7 Triple-A Five Diamond awards for food, wine, and atmosphere, this restaurant is not to be missed. Book early.

Maleficent's Dad
04-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Jym's post (Natazu) above is right on.
I love all the restaurants at the GF.
I always have felt that Narcoosee's didn't get the recognition it deserved... kind of like a hidden gem! But Citrico's is just as great.

Good luck with your choice(s)!!! :mickey:

Frank Bullitt
04-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the help, guys!
I'm going to spring for ADR's on Narcosee's because I love surf n' turf and be able to have a good view of Wishes.

Also I ate solo in september of last year at the grand canyon concourse steakhouse without ADR's but should I get them for the GF cafe?
Also the same for 1900 park fare, I'm still debating it for a breakfast but not sure...

Thanks for the input folks!!:thumbsup:

Christine
04-06-2007, 03:11 PM
I have only done 1900 Park Fare and GF Cafe.

Both were excellent and I would dare say that any GF dining would be as well. I don't think you could go wrong in whatever you choose!

For kiddos, I highly recommend the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, the cooking activity, and the pirate cruise. My DD has done them all and those are some of her favorite memories!

Natazu
04-09-2007, 01:41 AM
Also I ate solo in september of last year at the grand canyon concourse steakhouse without ADR's but should I get them for the GF cafe?It's usually pretty easy to get in at GFC but once you know when you're planning to eat for sure, I recommend calling for an ADR just in case - even if it's an hour before you want to eat.

anneb
04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
I really enjoyed Citricos. It's a lovely restaurant, and the food was quite good. My halibut at Citricos was even better than the one I had at the California Grill,

tinksmom02
04-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the help, guys!
I'm going to spring for ADR's on Narcosee's because I love surf n' turf and be able to have a good view of Wishes.

Also I ate solo in september of last year at the grand canyon concourse steakhouse without ADR's but should I get them for the GF cafe?
Also the same for 1900 park fare, I'm still debating it for a breakfast but not sure...

Thanks for the input folks!!:thumbsup:

We ate breakfast at 1900 and loved it, the food was great and the characters were awesome!

BUT, remember that 1900 will be under rehab I think mid-August until October. The character dining will still be available, but will be pre-plated, and at the GF Cafe. We made ressies anyway (DD wants to meet the Prince), but I don't know how good (or bad) it will be. And, of course, that will shuffle up the GF Cafe. I can't remember exactly what they're doing, but I think it's listed in the rehab section here on Intercot.