PDA

View Full Version : What Days Is Taping of Christmas Parade

dntccc
04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
From what I have seen on here, the taping of the Christmas parade at MK is usually the first weekend in December. Is it usually done on a Fri. and Sat. or a Sat and Sun.? I am just trying to see when it can be expected to be this year - 11/30 and 12/1 or 12/1 and 12/2.

robhink
04-05-2007, 01:15 PM
The main parade is usually done on Saturday morning, there are other tapings on Friday and Sunday.

Goofy Pluto
04-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Boy, I don't know if this is a good thing or not!

My daughter's birthday is 12/1 and we were planning on taking her to MK that day so she could get a button and hopefully lots of attention. Would this be a bad idea? I'm not sure if we have much of a choice, but I imagine MK would be really crowded that day. Thoughts?

A Mouse Fan
04-05-2007, 04:18 PM
As said in a prior post the taping is usually the first weekend in December....I would steer cleer of the MK at all costs...Mega Crowded! Also remember the first week of December is usually the Pop Warner Cheerleading Comp....if you are staying at a Value Resort don't expect too much quiet time.

Strmchsr
04-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Having been in the park for the taping the last 3 years I can say it's hard to know what to do. However, following general pattern here's what to expect (though nothing is officially announced yet):

11/30/07 - Taping of musical guests in front of castle
12/1/07 - Taping of parade, pretty much all day in the area between castle and front of park.
12/2/07 - Reshoots/rain make up day

MK is crowded on parade day, but not as bad if you know what to do. Previously, they let everyone in to watch the parade and you could just come and go as you pleased. The last 2 years you've had to sign up, and this past year sign up was only available to select folks. This has made it less appealing for all of the locals to swamp the park on parade taping day. So, if you can get past Main Steet, which is extremely congested, the rest of the park is just a normal holiday weekend (crowded, but not horrible).

As for the birthday button - that's purely random as to whether any attention is given beyond a "happy birthday," but I'm sure you could achieve the same thing in another park.