PDA

View Full Version : DisneyKaitie's Fantasic Orlando Vacation Day 1

disneykaitie26
04-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Cast
Myself, 16 Disney Freak Usually Plans all trips with dad, now going with Mom, Stepdad and Sis
Heather my DSIS, 9 Been to Disney once when she was 4 doesn't remember much very excited.
Mom - Not much of a Disney/theme park person wanted to do this for DSIS and myself. Trip Planner
Stepdad - Completly wanted to go to Cancun, dragged along to Orlando.

Floridays Resort
March 4-13

Day 1 - The night before, we stayed at a hotel near the airport. Woke up around 6:30 AM left the hotel around 7 AM and arrived at MKE, checked in, ate some breakfast, and we were on our 9:45 flight. DSIS was very excited to fly, and I wanted to be with her every moment. She got the window and I sat next to her in the aisle (strange cause I normally sit by the window, but I wanted everything to be special for her) The flight down seemed like a blink of an eye, we got off the plane and I was very excited and smiling cause of the warm weather (you should know we left Milwaukee a day after one of the biggest snow storms in 20 years). We walked down the baggage claim, got our bags and headed to Thrify car rental. Mom did all the booking and when I go with dad we always use Disney Transportation so I've never had the experience of getting a rental so I had no clue where to go and what to do, my mom kept asking me all these questions and I had no answers. We found out that it wasn't on site, so you had to take a bus to get to Thrifty. Once we got there I would say DSIS and I were waiting outside for a good 45 minutes before Mom and Stepdad came out, we got our van and were on our way once again. Finally out of all that airport traffic we were on the freeway and got off and got to our first hotel, Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa. We had this place booked for all 9 nights so we checked in and lets just say we got up to our room to find out our view was of some very beautiful construction. Mom was not pleased, frankly we all did not want to wake up every morning hearing construction. We hopped back in the van, leaving our bags and such in the room in search of a new nicer more resort like hotel, we drove up and down International running in and getting prices, some were too expensive, some were not what we wanted, we finally pull in to one of the last places Floridays Resort and it was gorgeous, brand new and very very nice. We decided to get the two bedroom suite like at the other place for only $20 more a night and it was so much nicer. Now, we were just scared to go back to Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and find out our penalty fee and to our suprise they apoligized and gave us all our money back. We grabbed all our bags and went back to the Floridays on International and finally settled in. We then later went to eat at Subway and go to Publix to get all our grocery needs and back to the hotel for bedtime, it was a long day.

Needless to say it was a very very stressful day for mom and stepdad but DSIS and I were so happy to be there and couldn't wait for all the fun to start.

Tomorrow Day 2 - SeaWorld

(Not sure if I should post in the other Trip Report board or this one considering its not Disney?)

disneyfamily05
04-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Oh how great it must have been to leave the snow and get down to some sun! And glad to hear the room/hotel situation worked out in the end - and luckily without a penalty. Can't wait to hear more.

sleepingbooty
04-05-2007, 05:02 PM
You are so sweet to want everything to be special for your sister! I hope its special for both of you, and I can't wait to read all about it!

pogo
04-05-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm happy you solved the hotel problem and everything is on the right track now.:mickey:

I can't wait to read what happened the next day, but I bet you had a great time. :D

faline
04-06-2007, 05:35 AM
That certainly does sounds like a stressful start to your trip! Glad you're all settled in and ready to start the fun stuff!

BelleCiavo
04-06-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm glad you were able to get a better place. Can't wait to read more.
Karen

ChipnDaleGal
04-06-2007, 02:47 PM
I am glad that your room situation was resolved so painlessly and you were not penalized by switching resorts. Looking forward to reading about your adverntures. Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
04-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
04-16-2007, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the report Katie!

You had an eventful first day!!

Julie

Bethanymouse
04-16-2007, 06:50 PM
You are such a great big sister! Glad to hear that the room situation worked out for the best! Cant wait to hear about Sea World!:thumbsup:

HndrdPrcnt
04-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Sounds like all the logistics got worked out just fine and you are off to a good start. I would love to read about your day at Sea World.

mrsgaribaldi
04-17-2007, 06:55 AM
That's great they gave you all your money back. Glad you got a much nicer hotel. I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

satchel01
04-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Wow! You really lucked out that your flight wasn't the day of that storm. I fly out of MKE too (in 24 days :D ). That storm was terrible!!

You're so sweet to want your sister's Disney experience to be the best it can be. Glad you got a better hotel too. That construction would have drove you all nuts.

Moving on to your next day's report now...:thumbsup: