PDA

View Full Version : Free Infant Meal

FatCat
04-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Outside of the buffets and the shared
meals(e.g. Garden Grill)

What restaurants have you experienced infants(children under 3) getting a free plate of something.

I have experienced

CRT - free dish of buttered pasta
Akershus - free dish of buttered pasta

(As I recall the milk for the infant was free too)

Tigerlilly
04-05-2007, 12:32 PM
That is an interesting question. I had no idea they even did anything at all. We were kinda dismayed we could not get our 2 and a half year old on the dining plan. I am hoping its enough food (everyone says it will be) for her to be able to eat off of everyone elses plates:)

bicker
04-05-2007, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't count on getting such bonuses. It cannot hurt to ask, but AFAIK, there isn't anything requiring the restaurant to offer this to any specific guests. It could vary from server-to-server, and/or from day-to-day.

sleepingbooty
04-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Most places we went, CRT included, when our youngest was two, brought her food and didn't charge us. Family style and buffets do not charge for children under 3, so they are always a good choice.

BelleandtheBeast
04-05-2007, 04:43 PM
There is plenty of food with each person on the dining plan, so if you get something the baby can eat, just share. If they DO offer a free plate for the little one go ahead and take it.

Milan23
04-05-2007, 07:08 PM
I have a question along these lines...

My DS just turned 2 and will be 2 years 8 months during our trip. He's a picky eater, but when he likes something, he eats alot (alot!). At a breakfast buffet he would likely eat more than I would as he loves fruit and muffins/waffles. I am planning on taking him to the H&V breakfast by ourselves.

If it is just the two of us, do you think that I should volunteer to pay for a plate for him? If DH and DS11 go, that is another story, because I would feel like he is eating off all of our plates. I don't know, I think I would feel a little guilty and wonder what you guys think.

magicofdisney
04-05-2007, 11:19 PM
If it is just the two of us, do you think that I should volunteer to pay for a plate for him? If DH and DS11 go, that is another story, because I would feel like he is eating off all of our plates. I don't know, I think I would feel a little guilty and wonder what you guys think.

I don't think they would let you. If he's under 3, they absolutely do not expect you to pay for anything for him, off a buffet. :mickey:

(As I recall the milk for the infant was free too)
When we went with our 15mos old, we had to pay for everything he ate or drank, outside a buffet. We never got a freebie. We were by no means expecting it, so it's a nice bonus that you received that. :mickey:

hooberry
04-06-2007, 10:43 PM
we were all on the dining plan last trip and since the older girls were getting a dessert included with their meal, I always ordered plain ice cream for my 2 year old. I was never charged extra for it at any of our table services-Liberty tree-Alfredos-Coral Reef. So I guess we got a freebie:thumbsup:

bicker
04-07-2007, 08:05 AM
I was never charged extra for it at any of our table services-Liberty tree-Alfredos-Coral Reef. So I guess we got a freebie:thumbsup:
Disney's generosity never ceases to amaze me. :number1: