PDA

View Full Version : Mdricks' not-so-solo solo pre-trip report

mdricks
04-05-2007, 11:46 AM
I can think of no better way to make my 300th post than with a pre-trip report on my upcoming solo journey to the world!!

I take a solo trip every year to decompress and this year is no exception. The difference is, its not solo this year.

While at a poker game with all my other 40 something fathers and wage slave friends an old buddy that lives in Florida sheepishly admitted to me that he is a Disney fanatic and holds an AP. HA! Solo no more.

As usual I take the cheapest room I can get (much love to Debbie at MJ for putting up with an old cheapskate like me!)
Staying at POP. American Air is basically giving me the flight which portends good things for both the wallet and the crowds.

I get in on a Thursday night at 9pm and its off to Pleasure island. Hopefully my buddy will get there before me and check in and do all that icky line waiting stuff. I've never done Disney as an "adult" and this trip will focus on those types of activities. Watch out ladies, the friend is single, and he has no shame…..

After a night of quiet repose (WOHOOO!!) :dizzy: We get up bright and early (not so loud please) off to Epcot for a Segway tour.

I don’t get the whole Segway thing and see it as a novelty at best. That doesn’t mean I'm not going to see just how fast one of those suckers goes….:drive:

After repeatedly crashing a very expensive toy (do Segways float?) it’s a leisurely day at Epcot. We will eat at beirgarten. Hoy HOy HOY!!! :cheers:

If in Epcot keep an eye out for two idiots doing the "beer through the world". Don’t worry, we are very tame and unlikely to violate the restraining order.:cop:

Definitely park hopping with roller coasters and falling towers in mind. If we survive, then probably O'Hana's or maybe Cali grill for dinner. Back to pleasure island? :thedolls: Keeping my eye on the house of Blues May line-up. Once in a while they have some really great bands there and both of us are avid musicians that will listen to good live music all night long. :rocker:

Missed Los Lonely Boys last year by one day, if you get a chance to see them do, very tight band.

Next morning (is it morning already, hit the snooze for another 10 minutes) its off for a park hopping experience. We will hit every park and ride every ride. I'm a park commando and if you are willing to skip dumbo it can be done! I have ridden Everest a few dozen times and feel that is an experience worth the entire trip, so we will probably start there and work our way down.

Playing Saturday night by ear.. Not sure where we are going to eat. Just have to wait and see. I would love to go back to Narcoossee's but we may be a little worn out for that.

Sunday morning, leaving day! But not until we get in a round of golf. :golf:

I've always drooled over those beautiful courses as me and the kids get quickly bussed passed them on our way to playhouse Disney. Not this time!! My flight leaves at 7pm so we are going to take our time and give one of those beautiful pro courses a whirl. I'm going to have to bring a box of balls.

Hey that one I hit in the water bounced, must have hit the Segway! :blush:

A quick trip to DTD for the bribes (the kids never forget me leaving them behind. Never)

And then a tired, sleepy, sunburned, fat and happy kid-at-heart goes back to the real world.

jilwil
04-05-2007, 03:35 PM
:funny:

You just described my husband's dream trip!:cloud9: Can't wait to read your reports when you return! Hope you have a great time!

mrsgaribaldi
04-05-2007, 05:30 PM
It sounds great:thumbsup: I hope you have a fantastic time. :beer: :thedolls:
I look forward to the reports too;)

sleepingbooty
04-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Sounds like a blast! Hope your buddy can keep up with you!

pogo
04-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Sounds like a fun trip. :thumbsup:

Have fun and play safe. :D

faline
04-06-2007, 05:32 AM
Have a great trip!