PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe

2disneyfans
04-05-2007, 11:41 AM
DH and I made ADR for our last night in Disney at the Grand Floridian Cafe. I have not seen too many postings about GFC, maybe I just missed them too.:) I was just wondering if anyone could share their dinner experiences there.

phillydan
04-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Stayed there last year and we absoultely loved the CF Cafe. The atmosphere was very relaxed, the service was great and the selection of food plentiful. Would definitely go back again.

January-2007
04-05-2007, 01:18 PM
DH and I ate here on our one week wedding anniversary during our Honeymoon in January. The place was fantastic! We had ADRs for 6:10PM, and we were seated right away. The place wasn't busy at all, which was great for us because we were getting tired of the crowds of screaming kids everywhere. Yeah, I know it's WDW, but it was a very nice change of pace.

We enjoyed the ambiance and had a lovely meal. Our server was great. I got water, DH had hot tea. We received a bread basket that had sourdogh rolls and multigrain mini loaves with currents. I ordered the "Land and Sea" and DH ordered the Prime Rib. Both were served with mashed potatoes, snap peas and carrots, and spaghetti squash. My entree consisted of a New York Strip Steak and 4 grilled shrimp. Both meals were cooked perfectly.

When we finished our dinner the waitress offered us some free champagne since we were on our Honeymoon (I had them note that on all our reservations). We shared a mini Lemon Cheesecake which was served with a rasberry sauce that was very good. We left extremely full, and we didn't even order appetizers and shared a dessert. The total came to around $57. It was a lovely meal and is on our list of favorites now.

Funny taste we have, huh? Our two favorite restaurants are Trails End and the Grand Floridian Cafe. They are sooo different!! Over the summer the Grand Floridian Cafe will be holding the 1900 Park Fare meals while that room is being refurbed so we might miss it in the fall if we change our dates, which is sad. Just means I should go make a ressie to eat there in May!

Happy planning- and if you do decide to eat here, I don't think you will be dissapointed. We absolutely loved this place! We also love the feel of the resort, but I guess that's a whole other topic all together...:cloud9:

Bruegge
04-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Never eaten at gf cafe. With V&A, Narcoosee's and Ciricous.... It's probably 4th on my list...

I heard nothing but good about it.

Scott

SBETigg
04-05-2007, 01:42 PM
The GF Cafe is excellent. We've always had great food and service. Unfortunately, we won't get to enjoy it when we go in August because it is a temporary location for 1900 Park Fare and not actually operating as the GF Cafe we know and love in our travel time frame. Very disappointing.

And Scott, if you haven't been, you are missing out. It's a great choice for one credit on the DP. The others are all great, too, but Grand Floridian Cafe is yet another fantastic option at the GF.

Katiebell
04-05-2007, 02:05 PM
I have a question about a dessert item at the GF Cafe, if anyone happens to have ordered it...

I saw a dark chocolate fondue with fruit, which is a serious weakness for me :D One menu listed it as 9.99 and said something like "great to share", and another menu listed it as 6.99. Is it still on the menu? If so, is it a dessert for one, or two, or could it be ordered either way? If I'm on the dining plan, could DH and I order it to share in lieu of our two individual desserts? That's IF I could talk him into it...I might have to do some serious bargaining to get him to forgo cheesecake...

Dopey's Girl
04-05-2007, 10:36 PM
I love the GF cafe! The cafe has windows all over, so you can watch all the activity of the resort. It's just beautiful!

I can't remember what we ate there, but I know it was great, and we had an excellent server.

The only negative was because of a really hatefull woman who was at the table next to us, but that had nothing to do with The Cafe!

I'm sure you won't be dissapointed if you choose to eat there!

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
04-06-2007, 01:40 AM
We love this restaurant! It is a must everytime for us. We have adr's for our next trip on Oct.2nd. The chocolate fruit fondue is tremendous! We 3 shared it our last time there. It was really refreshing and quite a large dessert. You will not be dissapointed. We have a group of 12 of us eating here together because it is such a light, nice place to eat and celebrate. Enjoy!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave: :wave: :wave

Natazu
04-06-2007, 12:19 PM
We've been a bunch of times. It's one of WDW's best 1TS restaurants - for all three meals.
Here's a dinner review: Click Me! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=71635)

Katiebell
04-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Great review, Jym! And of course, you mentioned my chocolate fondue :cloud9: The questions I have are: was it only offered as a dessert for two, or is a smaller portion offered for one? I was a bit confused by two menus, one at 9.99 "great to share" and one at 6.99. Also, on the dining plan, if it is a dessert only offered for two people, would they allow DH and me to get it with our combined credits?

The reason this is important to me: if I am going to get my dessert (and you said it was so good I should get on a plane right now and fly there!), then I may have to be prepared to negotiate with DH in advance -- or arm wrestle, or bribe him...I just want to be prepared for what I will have to do, to what depths I will have to lower myself :funny:

Ah well, if worse comes to worst, I will give him my DDP dessert and pay OOP for that fondue (out of his souvenir fund :secret:)

Brenle
04-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Loved the GF cafe. Had the fondu two nights. It's actually enough for a family of four. It came with bananas, strawberries, marshmallow and pineapple. Both times the price was 9.99. We had the DDP, by the way. It's a beautiful cafe and the food there was excellent. We had ADR one night, but cancelled another restaraunt to go back there.

iceicebritney
04-08-2007, 03:59 PM
i hear people rave on here about the g-cafe alot, but my parents and brother dined there last august while fiance and i ate at narcoosses, and my parents were very upset with their choice. we were on the dining plan, so they felt "they wasted a table service," as my dad put it. they were not pleased with the menu, and said they expected more from it since they'd eaten there before and remembered it being a good choice. I know the last time we stayed at the GF (about 3 yrs ago) we ate there a lot, but they seemed unimpressed with this most recent experience.
If you try it, let me know how you make out.

Natazu
04-09-2007, 01:27 AM
Great review, Jym! And of course, you mentioned my chocolate fondue :cloud9: The questions I have are: was it only offered as a dessert for two, or is a smaller portion offered for one? I was a bit confused by two menus, one at 9.99 "great to share" and one at 6.99. Also, on the dining plan, if it is a dessert only offered for two people, would they allow DH and me to get it with our combined credits?

Ah well, if worse comes to worst, I will give him my DDP dessert and pay OOP for that fondue (out of his souvenir fund :secret:)
It's a dessert for two. The other "mini desserts" are pretty cheap though if someone else wants to get those out of pocket.