PDA

View Full Version : Extra Day at WDW (but crowded) or SW?

dntccc
04-05-2007, 11:33 AM
We are planning to be at WDW 11/25-11/30 (leaving on 12/1). We plan to drive to Orlando on 11/23, stay at an off-site hotel (our check in day at Pop Century is not until 11/25 - when the Value Season begins), go to SW on 11/24, and then go to WDW starting on 11/25. Originally, we did not plan to arrive in Orlando until sometime late afternoon on 11/24. Then I thought we could go down a day earlier and do something non-Disney. My wife has wanted to go to SW and I have never been there, so I thought we would try that. We have thought about instead starting Disney a day early (even though we will at that time be staying off-site). However, one reason we picked going 11/25-11/30 was to avoid big crowds/long waits at Disney. I would imagine that WDW is still crowded on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Is this the case? I know that SW could be crowded then as well, but I figured since there is not as much to do at SW, that a crowded day there would not be as bad as at Disney. What would you recommend in this situation?

Jasper
04-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Disney World will certainly be busy on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but so will Sea World. There really isn't a good recommendation of where to go or what to do in central Florida at that time that won't be crowded. You might check out something like Cape Canaveral or some of the other smaller attractions that may not attract quite the crowd. Of course, I am not certain about weekend schedules at the cape so you will need to check that out first.

If you do go to Disney that weekend, you may want to think about spending time at Down Town Disney or what ever water park Disney has open that time of year. The weather is usually still fairly decent for swimming and the crowds are not usually as intense at the water parks as at the other parks.

Lehman Family
04-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Since you haven't been to SW I'd suggest that you do that at least once. My preference would be to do SW the first day like you originally planned. IMO SW isn't near as good as Disney, but it's something you should at least experience.