PDA

View Full Version : Dme

massachusetts
04-05-2007, 10:56 AM
What happens if you never receive your DME information or tags before your trip? Can you just go to the DME desk in the airport and show your reservation? I realize they won't be able to retrieve your luggage but can you still use the bus?

FatCat
04-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Actually I think you can show them your baggage tags and they will retrieve your luggage.

Can anyone confirm???

Strmchsr
04-05-2007, 04:52 PM
You can show them your baggage claim tags, yes, or you can just go claim your bags yourself and put them under the bus for the trip to the resort. It's a rare thing to not receive the tags, though, so if you haven't and you're close to your trip I would confirm with DME that they have your reservation. If you're booking through a TA the tags will go there and then to you.

Piglet822
04-05-2007, 04:54 PM
You don't mention when your trip is? Is it very close?
You can call DME directly if you'd like. They have a toll free number:

1-866-599-0951

Catzle
04-05-2007, 05:53 PM
We just got our tags today, we leave May 12th. Makes me very excited!

Stacia9
04-05-2007, 06:49 PM
We leave in 2 weeks :thumbsup: ...Our trip was booked through AAA. Do we need to confirm anything before we go? When I picked up our packet with our luggage tags the travel agent was not there for me to ask the question.

CleveRocks
04-06-2007, 07:40 AM
We leave in 2 weeks :thumbsup: ...Our trip was booked through AAA. Do we need to confirm anything before we go? When I picked up our packet with our luggage tags the travel agent was not there for me to ask the question.
If you have your DME packet, then by definition you have a DME reservation. No need to confirm anything. Just go and enjoy!

LoriR
04-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Don't count on Disney being able to claim your bags for you if you didn't use the yellow tags. Although in the past they have been able to claim your bags for you using your claim ticket, when I was there last month, there had been a security breach the day before and Disney was not allowed to claim any baggage that was not identified with their yellow tags. We were already at the DME counter when we learned this, and my husband had to go all the way back to the Southwest baggage claim, get all of our bags, and return to bring them onto the bus with us. If you don't have your tags on your bags, I'd just claim them and bring them to the bus rather than having to go back and forth. I had even checked this information the night before we traveled, so it can happen at any time.

ChipDale2708
04-06-2007, 10:51 PM

Okay, little concerned since we also booked with AAA and leave April 26 but have not received anything from anyone. How long ago did you receive your packet from AAA? Guess I better make a call first thing Monday morning.

Piglet822
04-07-2007, 03:45 AM
Although in the past they have been able to claim your bags for you using your claim ticket, when I was there last month, there had been a security breach the day before and Disney was not allowed to claim any baggage that was not identified with their yellow tags.

It is my understanding that this ban has been lifted. I will double check today.

Stacia9
04-07-2007, 11:42 AM
AAA called on 3/27 and said it was in for me to pick up. I would definitely call and see whats up.

Piglet822
04-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Forgot to ask about luggage pickup :blush: I go back to work Tuesday, I'll try to find out then.