PDA

View Full Version : Birthday buttons

Disneyatic
04-05-2007, 10:23 AM
When celebrating a birthday in WDW, do you wear the button only on the actual day or for your entire trip?
Also, this year will be mine an DH's 5 year anniversary but it is a few weeks after our stay. Our trip is going to be a vacation, DD birthday celebration and anniversary gift all in one for us.....I have heard that WDW also has anniversary buttons, would it be wrong to celebrate early while we are in the world??

JoDisney
04-05-2007, 10:45 AM
You would wear the birthday button on the actual day of your birthday. My family got me one at our resort last month when we were there. I did not wear it very much that day. I have it on my car visor. The buttons are for guests whose birthdays happen to fall on a day when they are at Disney. I would assume you would not wear one if it was not really your special day. I see children with the buttons celebrating their special day in the parks and it is fun to watch them when everyone is saying "Happy Birthday" to them. I think it is nice that Disney has an acknowledgement of the person's birthday while a guest is at Disney for their particular special day, especially for the children. They get so happy!

BelleBeauty
04-05-2007, 11:02 AM
This is a hot topic on Intercot. I agree that you should always try to just wear a pin for the actual day (birthday or anniversary, etc.) However, WDW trips are expensive and in the real world, we cannot always plan them around specific days. That does not mean a certain trip shouldn't celebrate a birthday or a special day. Wearing a pin to celebrate, not to try and get special treatment, is okay with me. Pick one day of your trip that will be your honorary anniversary and wear your pin proudly!

Kristi Kay
04-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Do you get these pins at guest services?