PDA

View Full Version : Spring's Not Here After All

ldn324
04-03-2007, 04:10 PM
I was all excited that spring was finally almost here. "Was" is the key word! See, we've had nice, warm temps in the 50s and 60s, even reaching into the 70s for a couple of days recently. But guess what's in store for the end of the week and the weekend? Yep, :snowball: snow showers and temps in the low 20s. In the next week, the highest predicted temp is in the 40s.

There are no buds on the trees, the grass isn't green - there's not a hint of spring in the air :( . All I've got is a couple of sad little daffodills with tiny little buds that are probably going to go back into the ground after this cold spell.

SIGH...Any of you in the toasty warm areas feel like sending some spring up our way? A bunny, blade of grass, flower bloom ...just a taste of spring?? Anything will do :thumbsup: .

Dopey's Girl
04-03-2007, 04:25 PM
I feel your pain! Last Monday (3/28) it was 81 degrees here...it was perfect :cloud9: !

Today it's 38 and they are predicting highs in the 30s for the next few days, with lows in the teens :freeze: ! And my favorite portion of the forcast...:snowball: ! It makes me so crabby I could just cry!

vicster
04-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Same here in the Chicago area. It's 68 right now and there's suppose to be a cold front coming in tonite with possible snow flurries. Enough is enough!

BronxTigger
04-03-2007, 04:43 PM
I feel your pain! Last Monday (3/28) it was 81 degrees here...it was perfect :cloud9: !

Today it's 38 and they are predicting highs in the 30s for the next few days, with lows in the teens :freeze: ! And my favorite portion of the forcast...:snowball: ! It makes me so crabby I could just cry!

I am going to be in Minnesota (Mall of America) this upcoming weekend. The forecast made me very sad. Well, until I looked at the forecast for NYC and realized it was almost the same. At least in Minnesota I will have a change of scenery!

MsMin
04-03-2007, 04:50 PM
:sun: sending warmth and sunshine your way. It was 85 @ 4pm the other day. My a/c has been on:( Not that it's not nice, but the car is getting hot if you get in and out quickly.
I just hate to think about what July will bring. :thedolls:

mamacatnv
04-03-2007, 04:56 PM
week & 1/2 ago - shorts & tanks-sunny & warm
Week ago - snow & ice
last friday - 40
this friday (predicted) - 80

Hang on Easterly people, we passed you the snow and being friendly Western'ers we will follow it with some sunshine shortly:D

jonsmom
04-03-2007, 06:19 PM
The only thing that puts a smile on my face :blush:right now is knowing we are leaving in 12 days! I cannot wait to feel the warm sunshine.

Dsnygirl
04-03-2007, 08:51 PM
:fit: I'm in the same boat as you.... it's been sunnier and nicer the past few days... all my tulips and daffodils are popping up... and I was (silly me) hoping for a warm Easter wknd., mostly b/c my DD's both have sleeveless Easter dresses, and they just hate to wear sweaters over them!! (They're only 5 & 8, but boy do they hate to cover up their pretty clothes...:) )

I wasn't even aware the temps were supposed to drop - maybe even w/ flurries - my DH just told me tonight. :shake: I guess I should be used to it, living up here - warm Easters are pretty rare - but really... snow??? :snowball: :freeze: :fit:

Oh well - at least it is April... it can't last forever, right??? :wait:

RedSoxFan
04-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Well, spring isn't here either. Yesterday, I was at the boys' track meet wearing just a sweatshirt. Today, it's rainy, cold and windy and wearing my winter coat. And Easter isn't looking good for DD to wear her new outfit with platform sandals that she was so excited to get.

Nascfan
04-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Yesterday here - record high of 79.
Today - 36.
Sigh.:(

JanetMegan
04-04-2007, 10:50 AM
I think it may even be worse here. Dogwoods are out, azaelas are blooming, and now it's supposed to freeze this weekend and kill all the flowers! Plus I'm having a ton of people over to eat and have a huge egg hunt Saturday and it's not going to be warm enough to eat outside. I have no idea where I am going to put everyone!

DVC2004
04-04-2007, 11:06 AM
We enjoyed some nice temps (60s and 70s) but today we are back in the 30's and the four letter word was even mentioned in our forecast-ugh!

Marker
04-04-2007, 11:11 AM
27 here this morning. It's only 32 now, and the sun is up. It was 82 on Monday, just 2 days ago, and now the national weather service says 30% chance of snow tomorrow night.

c&d
04-04-2007, 11:17 AM
The only thing that puts a smile on my face :blush:right now is knowing we are leaving in 12 days! I cannot wait to feel the warm sunshine.

We leave in 9. After hearing that we're supposed to be having snow tonight WDW can't come soon enough.

Mickey 101
04-04-2007, 10:13 PM
It was in the low 30's here today, with a wind chill in the teens. The wind was terrible and it snowed off and on all day. :snowball: :snowball:

Dakota Rose
04-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Same thing here. 10 days ago, it hit 82. This morning, it was 9. And there's snow again. Ugh. A lot of folks around here are calling it April Fool's Spring.

tron1970
04-05-2007, 12:00 AM
we are in the high 70's - 80's all week and next week. Friday my get in the 90's.:beer: :beer: :mickey: got to love nor-cal weather.

disneydrmr
04-05-2007, 08:54 AM
We are having a 'blizzard' right now... snow coming down pretty good.. temps in the low 30's with windchill in the teens! Black ice on the roadways causing HORRIBLE travel conditions around Dayton (10 car pile up AND an 8 car pile up were both reported!)... Monday was 81 degrees! This is ridiculous! Next week will climb back into the 50's. If this snow keeps up the Easter Bunny will have to borrow Santa's sleigh to make his egg deliveries.

Dsnygirl
04-05-2007, 09:42 AM
:snowball: :freeze: Okay, so I live in Upstate NY, and I should be used to it... and I knew the cold was coming... but to wake up and see all white.... no grass... :ack: :sick:!!! I guess I'm off to the store get some sweaters for over those sleeveless Easter dresses... :blush: :snowball:

disneydrmr
04-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Snow here too... I hope the Easter bunny paints his eggs VERY bright bold colors so they will stand out better in the snow!

MsMin
04-05-2007, 09:55 AM
We dropped to 51 degrees so it's cold here too. Nothing like snow of course but not a lot of warm air to send up your way. Hope you defrost soon. :sun:

January-2007
04-05-2007, 10:13 AM
It started to snow here while I was driving DH to work around 6:45 this morning. Seems to have stopped, but it sure is cold. So glad we have free utilities here, I'm sure cranking the heat now!

DisneyAddict62
04-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Wasn't too happy to see the white stuff here either!:freeze: :snowball: The kids definitely did not want to put their winter coats back on to wait for the bus! Bring back the sunshine!! :sun:

RedSoxFan
04-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Snow flurries here this morning. DD had to wear her hat and mittens to school this morning.

Jenemmy
04-05-2007, 10:47 AM
We have flurries here in Ohio, too....I could weep. Literally three days ago, it was in the 70's.

I was standing in my house looking out at the flurries yesterday when one of my best friends called me and had just walked through the gates at the Magic Kingdom......:pout:

BelleBeauty
04-05-2007, 10:52 AM
So this morning I checked my weather bug - 45 degree high with no rain. I decided not to wear a jacket (I'm used to the weather, I used to live in Upstate NY). Then I get into the office and there are snow flurries all around NYC! Great day to not wear a jacket! :confused:

trapper
04-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Ok just had to add my 2inches to this discussion. We got it too! I'm tired of being cold and summer goes way too fast.

JPL
04-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Flurries here too :(

conorsmom2000
04-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Yep, we had flurries this morning too! :snowball:

April can just be a crazy month - I remember having to cancel a meeting in early April, 2003 because of snow - yet, the year before, when Mike's mom passed away on April 14, 2002, it was 90 degrees out! :crazy:

Flower
04-05-2007, 11:49 AM
There are flurries here too - what the heck? It has been so nice, I have been putting our winter gear away and enjoying the sun for the past week or so. JUST

GO AWAY ALREADY!!!:mad:

Figgyluv03
04-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Yep, we had flurries this morning too! :snowball:

I'm assuming you're North Jersey. Please keep you flurries up there!:funny: I know we didn't have a bad winter down here, but I'm just so over it!

Dsnygirl
04-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Holy cow!!! If you could see outside my window... :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: ... it is absolutely a blizzard!! It's been like this all day... one minute, the sun is shining... the next, it's snowing so hard you can barely see across the street. My poor tulips and daffodils are getting VERY confused... :(