PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 13K

Figment!
04-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 13K

We invite you if you dare to join us on October 27, 2007 for a running event that lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest darkest corner of the imagination. Disney Sports is pleased to introduce The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 13K, which is the first night race in the Endurance Series at WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort. This race is a part of the celebration of the 13th Anniversary of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ attraction.

Sunset Boulevard, 1994

On a night like this, long ago, a young movie actress named Shirley Malone and her husband checked into the Hollywood Tower Hotel. They laced up their shoes and went on a 13K run, knowing little of the nightmare into which their path would lead. For Shirley and her husband disappeared that night into a land of both shadows and substance, of things and ideas. The jogging trails of yesteryear are opening again, but this time they are opening for you. In this act, you are the star. What will be your fate as you brave the same path that led Shirley and her husband directly into, The Twilight Zone®.

ENTRY FEES

Entry Fees for this event include a post-event party which will last from 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. The party will include a live band. The following attractions will be open for the party: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™, Rock 'n' Roller Coaste® starring Aerosmith, and The Great Movie Ride.

13K: $65.00
6.5K: $40.00
Additional Post-Event Party Tickets: $25.00

Registration Fees Include:
Glow in the dark race shirts
Access to the post-event partyAll finishers will receive
Commemorative The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 6.5 K and 13K Finisher MedalDATE & TIME

Both races will start on Saturday, October 27, 2007 at 9:00 p.m.

ELIGIBILITY

All participants in the 13K must be at least 11 years of age to participate. The 6.5K is open to all ages.

RESTRICTIONS

For everyone's safety, baby joggers/strollers, inline skates, skateboards, and animals will be prohibited on the course.

COURSE DESCRIPTION

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 13K is an 8.1 mile night-time road race that will begin and end in the shadows of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction at the Disney-MGM Studios. The course will also feature Disney's Wide World of Sports® Complex, before returning to Disney-MGM Studios where the course will feature the Lights, Motors, Action™ Extreme Stunt Show and then down New York Street, past the Sorcerer's Hat, to an unforgettable finish at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terrortrade. The 6.5K only scares you half way and back.

MANDATORY PACKET PICKUP

Please note that mandatory packet pick-up will take place at Disney's Wide World of Sports® Complex on Friday, October 26.

Dsnygirl
04-05-2007, 10:00 AM
:mickey: Thanks for sharing, Jason - wish I could find a way for another trip down! (Wish I could actually run that far - but it'd be fun trying!!! :D )

GrumpyFan
04-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Wow! Another running event! I know lots of people turn out for these, but I just don't get it. When I go on vacation, I go to have fun and relax. Running an event such as this just doesn't sound fun or relaxing.

Maybe the reason I don't get it, is because I'm fat and lazy. :laughing:

January-2007
04-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Wow, that sounds really cool. Too bad our AP will run out before then, or else maybe we'd go then instead. Sounds like a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

disneygecko
04-05-2007, 02:40 PM
That sounds awsome! I wish I could go down there to run it, but there is no way right now I could go. I just got back from a very expensive trip to the "World" a few months ago.

Kristi Kay
04-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Very Cool...I would like to do this.

LoriMistress
04-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Aww...too bad it's only for one day...and it's not around when I'm going.

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-21-2007, 04:21 PM
wow wish i was going at that time, but it does sound like alot of fun!