PDA

View Full Version : Whats your view of the Revamped Cypress Gardens

RAIDER
04-05-2007, 03:52 AM
I wondered what your views were on the new revamped Cypress Gardens since its now reopened

I loved the old one as it was a great place to chill out and was disappointed when we went at xmas to see that they closed the xmas lights earlier than in the past .I think the rides on the other side of the park have been a welcome addition however

JikoMarie
04-05-2007, 07:15 PM
I don't have anything to say about the revamped park since I haven't seen it. Your mention of Cyprus Gardens brought back memories that I have from like 15 years ago. I didn't even realize it was still around. You hardly hear anything about it any more.

Kenny1113
04-05-2007, 07:54 PM
I love that they reopened it!!! It's practically in my dad's backyard...so while we're up there and don't feel like dealing with the crowds of WDW , we head there !!! I know blasphamy (???) ;)

mac badger
04-09-2007, 11:21 AM
i think its great. i never got to go to the original park, and was so sad when it closed. but i think its done a great job of keeping the old attractions-the gardens, the southern belles, the water ski show-plus adding the rides and the water park. its not a huge park, but its never crowded either. we'll be going again in may to catch one of the free concerts

Victor Kelly
04-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Wow, a long time since I heard anything about this little known park. Last time I went was when I was 10. The most vivid memories were the Southern Belles (completely gorgeous) and the huge model railroad layout.

ayeckley
05-03-2007, 12:55 PM
I liked it quite a bit when I visited in May 06. At the time they were still working on the restoration of the gardens area, but the fact that they were restoring it at all was a good sign. Most of the rides are pretty basic - some might call them "carnival" rides - but they had a great variety and they seemed to be well-maintained. None of the carnival atmosphere. The new waterpark is nice as well. The whole place was spotless - probably because it draws an older crowd which is very sensitive to that sort of thing. The ice skating show was pretty corny. I'm more patriotic than the average guy, but it was a bit too much - especially when I could tell that most of the performers were from eastern Europe.

It's not a park that everyone will enjoy, but from a customer's point of view I think it is a success. Be sure to check out the <free> kid's waterskiing opportunity after the ski shows.