PDA

View Full Version : SSr questions

Efrank
04-04-2007, 10:10 PM
I thought this might be the best place to ask questions about this resort. We'll be staying here may 12-19 and can't wait but were wondering about transportation and amenities. We had been planning on taking a portable DVD down but saw that the villas have a dvd. Is it attached to only 1 TV or on all 3? (in a 2bdrm villa) Also, I've never been to Disney and my MIL just spoke to people just getting back from Coronado Springs over spring break and they said it took sometimes 1.5 hours from pick up to drop off with the disney transporation. Is this to be expected at SSR also? Thanks for all the help you guys have been so far!

Zippy_D_DooDah
04-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Maybe I can answer a few of your questions. We stayed in a SSR 2-Bedroom back in December. There was only one DVD player in the living room. I brought in our portable from the car and hooked it up to the Master Bedroom TV and it worked fine.

I really enjoyed Saratoga. It was very close to Downtown Disney. We stayed in Congress Park and had a great view of DTD and only about a 5 minute walk.

The bus system was a bit slow for our taste. A few times, we even walked to DTD, caught a bus to the Contemporary and walked over to MK. It just seemed faster to do it this way. It was our first SSR trip so by the end of the week we got the bus system down. Just pack a little extra patience and you will be fine.

You can get a light meal, snacks, and other necessities at the Artist's Palette, or a more formal meal at the Turf Club Bar & Grill. The main pool is very nice as was the pool in Congress Park. You can also catch a boat to DTD just outside the Turf Club and down the stairs.

I found Saratoga very relaxing. You will have a great time.

GAN
04-05-2007, 06:08 AM
An hour and a half sounds like a bit of an exaggeration. I can tell you that at SSR we never waited more than 15-20min for a bus, then from there it was another 10-15min ride to the parks(depending which park we were visiting). If they were trying to get to another resort from Coronado, I could see it taking an hour because you have to catch the DTD bus then from there get on the specific resort bus. In my opinion it's probably worth the $10-15 cab fare.

Belle_0717
04-06-2007, 01:47 PM
SSR is our home. We enjoy the proximity to DTD. We walked there no matter where at the resort we stayed. It's so easy to get around.

I thought you could rent an additional DVD player at the shop? Give them a call - they are always willing to help.

The bus system to the parks was easy - 15-20 between each. Sometimes there were more than 1 per park depending on the day.

From MCO (Orlando airport) to the resort, we take Disney's Magical Express. You do need to pre-book from home. So easy. Get off the plane then downstairs to the buses. Check in at the desk then to the appropriate bus line. I think there are 2-3 resorts per bus. We stopped at Port Orleans then Old Key West with the final stop at Saratoga. Off the bus to the desk. Pre-check in and leave any bags with concierge. It's so easy!

Once you get to Orlando, take your time and enjoy. Don't rush through it. It's your home. WELCOME HOME!

GreenBeetle
04-06-2007, 02:50 PM
SSR is our home resort too. We had a 2-bedroom villa back in October. It's very spacious and beautifully decorated - I think you will really enjoy it. As others have said, there is only 1 DVD player in the living room.

We requested The Springs area because of its close proximity to the main pool, food court and gift shop. We were very happy with that location, but FYI . . . it is always the last bus stop to and from the parks. At times, the bus would be quite crowded or even full by the time it reached us in the morning. Not that big a deal, but something to remember if requesting a specific location.

The resort is huge, but very beautiful with a relaxed atmosphere. Have fun.

MinnieMommie
04-06-2007, 09:10 PM
We stayed in a 2 bedroom this past January and there is only 1 DVD player. The bus makes stops at the various complexes within the resort but once that round is complete it takes you directly to the designated park. I have never experienced a long time span between pick up to drop off. We really like SSR. I hope your family enjoys your stay as much as mine. :mickey: