PDA

View Full Version : Official NHL Playoffs Thread

JPL
04-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Well it's almost the most wonderful time of year still alot to be decided as far as matchups are concerned but by Sunday we have the complete picture :thumbsup: The :puck: drops on April 11th :hockey:

Donald A
04-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Looking forward to the matchups. My wife grew up in PA and the Penguins are her first love. (I think even more than the Steelers). I grew up in Northeastern Ohio and am still a diehard Browns fan. However, a few weekends ago my wife and I made a trip from Indy (long story) to Pittsburgh for the Pens-Atlanta game. It was my first NHL game (a lot of AHL games in Cleveland) and I was there in my Crosby jersey. I am hooked! I love hockey and am actually getting quite involved in it all with the Directv Center Ice thing. I think the Pens will end up in fifth place and play Ottawa. Might actually end up better than had they beat out the Devils for the division because Tampa Bay could be a likely opponent. Tampa Bay has owned the Pens this season I think. We'll see soon as things are tight right now. Looking forward to it. Not looking for the Pens to win it all but they are maturing quickly and it won't be long!

JPL
04-05-2007, 12:19 AM
One thing I always say in the Playoffs is be careful who you wish for your team to play ;)

Donald A
04-05-2007, 09:26 AM
One thing I always say in the Playoffs is be careful who you wish for your team to play ;)

Good point, if you want to go all the way you need to be able to beat any team you face anyway. As Ohio State just learned in the past few months, you also want to make sure you don't "crown" yourself before you win. The game is always really played on the playing surface and what happens before the actual game does not matter.

Dsnygirl
04-05-2007, 08:17 PM
:hockey: Jumping in for my DH - he doesn't post on here, but he's got me into hockey on occasion - anyone here a Sabres fan?? He's been pretty cheerful lately b/c of them....;)

Donald A
04-06-2007, 01:08 PM
That was one good game last night between the Pens and Ottawa. I didn't think they would stop fighting. This is what is great about hockey. All the behind the scenes stuff wife establishing who you are. It should be an exciting post-season!

JPL
04-09-2007, 01:11 AM
2007 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

Series A - #1 Buffalo vs. #8 NY Islanders
Date Time (ET) Location Network
Thu., April 12 8:00 p.m. at Buffalo TSN
Sat., April 14 7:30 p.m. at Buffalo VERSUS, TSN
Mon., April 16 7:30 p.m. at NY Islanders VERSUS, TSN
Wed., April 18 7:30 p.m. at NY Islanders VERSUS, TSN
*Fri., April 20 7:00 p.m. at Buffalo VERSUS, TSN
*Sun., April 22 7:00 p.m. at NY Islanders VERSUS, TSN
*Tue., April 24 TBD at Buffalo TSN

Series B - #2 New Jersey vs. #7 Tampa Bay
Thu., April 12 7:30 p.m. at New Jersey RDS
Sat., April 14 7:00 p.m. at New Jersey CBC, RDS
Mon., April 16 7:00 p.m. at Tampa Bay CBC, RDS
Wed., April 18 7:00 p.m. at Tampa Bay CBC, RDS
*Fri., April 20 7:00 p.m. at New Jersey CBC, RDS
*Sun., April 22 TBD at Tampa Bay CBC, RDS
*Tue., April 24 TBD at New Jersey CBC, RDS

Series C - #3 Atlanta vs. #6 NY Rangers
Thu., April 12 7:00 p.m. at Atlanta TSN
Sat., April 14 3:00 p.m. at Atlanta NBC, TSN
Tue., April 17 7:00 p.m. at NY Rangers TSN
Wed., April 18 7:00 p.m. at NY Rangers TSN
*Fri., April 20 TBD at Atlanta TSN
*Sun., April 22 1:00 p.m. at NY Rangers NBC, TSN
*Mon., April 23 7:00 p.m. at Atlanta VERSUS, TSN

Series D - #4 Ottawa vs. #5 Pittsburgh
Wed., April 11 7:00 p.m. at Ottawa CBC, RDS, VERSUS
Sat., April 14 3:00 p.m. at Ottawa CBC, RDS, NBC
Sun., April 15 6:00 p.m. at Pittsburgh VERSUS, CBC, RDS
Tue., April 17 7:00 p.m. at Pittsburgh VERSUS, CBC, RDS
*Thu., April 19 7:00 p.m. at Ottawa CBC, RDS, VERSUS
*Sun., April 22 1:00 p.m. at Pittsburgh NBC, CBC, RDS
*Tue., April 24 7:00 p.m. at Ottawa VERSUS, CBC, RDS

*if necessary

2007 WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

Series E - #1 Detroit vs. #8 Calgary
Thu., April 12 7:00 p.m. at Detroit VERSUS, CBC
Sun., April 15 1:00 p.m. at Detroit NBC, CBC
Tue., April 17 10:00 p.m. at Calgary CBC, VERSUS
Thu., April 19 TBD at Calgary CBC, VERSUS
*Sat., April 21 3:00 p.m. at Detroit NBC, CBC
*Sun., April 22 TBD at Calgary CBC, VERSUS
*Tue., April 24 TBD at Detroit CBC, VERSUS

Series F - #2 Anaheim vs. #7 Minnesota
Wed., April 11 10:30 p.m. at Anaheim TSN
Fri., April 13 10:30 p.m. at Anaheim TSN
Sun., April 15 8:00 p.m. at Minnesota TSN
Tue., April 17 9:00 p.m. at Minnesota TSN
*Thu., April 19 10:30 p.m. at Anaheim TSN
*Sat., April 21 TBD at Minnesota TSN
*Mon., April 23 10:00 p.m. at Anaheim TSN

Series G - #3 Vancouver vs. #6 Dallas
Wed., April 11 10:00 p.m. at Vancouver CBC, RDS, VERSUS
Fri., April 13 9:00 p.m. at Vancouver CBC, RDS, VERSUS
Sun., April 15 9:30 p.m. at Dallas VERSUS, CBC, RDS
Tue., April 17 8:00 p.m. at Dallas CBC, RDS (JIP)
*Thu., April 19 TBD at Vancouver CBC, RDS, VERSUS
*Sat., April 21 8:00 p.m. at Dallas VERSUS, CBC, RDS
*Mon., April 23 TBD at Vancouver CBC, RDS, VERSUS

Series H - #4 Nashville vs. #5 San Jose
Wed., April 11 8:00 p.m. at Nashville TSN
Fri., April 13 8:00 p.m. at Nashville TSN
Mon., April 16 10:00 p.m. at San Jose VERSUS, TSN
Wed., April 18 10:00 p.m. at San Jose VERSUS, TSN
*Fri., April 20 9:00 p.m. at Nashville VERSUS (JIP), TSN
*Sun., April 22 10:00 p.m. at San Jose VERSUS (JIP), TSN
*Tue., April 24 TBD at Nashville VERSUS, TSN

Strmchsr
04-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Let's go Pens and Preds!!!! :number1: I've been a lifelong Pens fan, but living so close to Nashville for a few years got me hooked on the Preds, too.

alphamommy
04-09-2007, 10:57 AM
LET'S GO RED WINGS!

This is always a tough time of year. I want the Wings to do well, but after their last trip to Calgary in the post-season, I'm a little scared of taking them on in the first round. We've got a great team that has an unfortunate history of first round meltdowns. I also pull for whatever Canadian and Original Six teams make it.

We've got to get an antenna so we can pick up CBC out of Windsor, Ontario. We'll get the Wings games on local TV for the first two rounds, but nothing beats CBC for the other games and last two rounds!

JPL
04-09-2007, 01:33 PM
We've got to get an antenna so we can pick up CBC out of Windsor, Ontario. We'll get the Wings games on local TV for the first two rounds, but nothing beats CBC for the other games and last two rounds!

Now if we could only get the games off VERSUS on to a channel that has a clue :confused:

mouseaddict
04-10-2007, 10:52 AM
About the only thing that makes me happy with the Sens/Pens matchup is that I will finally get to see my boys play!!!! GO SENS GO! (and please don't choke!...again)
Also I am thrilled that the Leafs didn't make it! I think that this years playoffs will be great..all of the matchups are good!
Did I mention...GO SENS GO!

marlyn
04-10-2007, 11:43 AM
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

MMouse6937
04-10-2007, 02:04 PM
:hockey: Jumping in for my DH - he doesn't post on here, but he's got me into hockey on occasion - anyone here a Sabres fan?? He's been pretty cheerful lately b/c of them....;)

DH is a HUGE Sabres fan....I'm from Hockeytown so partial to the Red Wings!! :number1:

JPL
04-11-2007, 12:48 PM
The :puck: drops tonight :thumbsup:

:hockey: :puck: :hockey:

MMouse6937
04-11-2007, 01:23 PM
LET'S GO RED WINGS!

This is always a tough time of year. I want the Wings to do well, but after their last trip to Calgary in the post-season, I'm a little scared of taking them on in the first round. We've got a great team that has an unfortunate history of first round meltdowns. I also pull for whatever Canadian and Original Six teams make it.

Hi Tammy, I'm from Royal Oak originally! I am all about the Wings! Let's say I'm a Wing nut!!

We now live in Albuquerque, so we get the Dishnetwork Center Ice package so we can watch all the games, if not, all we would get is the Versus stuff and Rocky Mountain Fox (Avalanche :ack: )

I hope the Wings do well too, just hope Dominick and Chris hold up...always seems goalie problems due us in.

Take care! Sarah

PirateLover
04-11-2007, 03:02 PM
1st time in 13 years the Flyers haven't made the playoffs... good luck to any team that isn't the Devils :thedolls:

Donald A
04-11-2007, 10:24 PM
All I have to say is if the NHL is going to use a replay system - GET IT RIGHT! Crosby got robbed of that goal that they called back just when the momentium could have shifted to the Pens. Call me a whiner just like they do Crosby, but whining does not get you the Art Ross Trophy- skill and talent does.

JPL
04-11-2007, 11:39 PM
I honestly don't think that goal would have changed much. The Senators came out ready to play and the Pens looked like deers trapped in the headlights. Fluery was just plain awful you could tell he was rattled early he should have been pulled sooner.

mouseaddict
04-19-2007, 11:13 PM
I can't believe it...MY SENS WON!!!!! I hate to admit that I was certain they would lost to the Pens...
I think this was a great series and I am hoping that they can keep it up!!
There has been some fantastic hockey so far, and it is just round one!

kakn7294
04-19-2007, 11:30 PM
All I've got to say is DARN!!!! Congrats to the Senators - they were definately the better team in this match-up. Now, LET'S GO REDWINGS!!!

mouseaddict
04-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Don't worry about your Pens..if they can keep this team together I think they are going to be Stanley Cup contenders for a long time! Between Sidney Crosby and Jordan Staal...wow. It also makes me happy because both of those boys will be on Team Canada for any international competitions! Yay!

JPL
04-20-2007, 11:02 AM
So far this year's playoff have had a little of everything congrats to the teams that moved on. Waiting to see if my Devils can carry the momentum home after overtime :thumbsup:

I will be the :confused: fan along with :confused: players at some of the penalty that nobody seems to see. I even noticed they stopped showing penalty replays since the announcers can't seem to figure out where the call was made any more.

Donald A
04-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Don't worry about your Pens..if they can keep this team together I think they are going to be Stanley Cup contenders for a long time! Between Sidney Crosby and Jordan Staal...wow. It also makes me happy because both of those boys will be on Team Canada for any international competitions! Yay!

A lot of young talent there. Sidney Crosby is the youngest highest point champion in any American pro sport. That is an enourmous accomplishment. They just were not ready for the playoffs this year. As with a lot of things in life, experience matters!

JPL
04-21-2007, 01:21 PM
As we move closer to Round 2. The matchups are starting to look awesome for some great hockey. :thumbsup: I will say that if my Devils close out the Lightning tomorrow I'm more than a little worried about Ottawa. :(

alphamommy
04-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Now if we could only get the games off VERSUS on to a channel that has a clue :confused:

I did notice that several of the later games on VERSUS are actually CBC or TSN broadcasts. Ah, the joy of hearing Canadian voices doing hockey! :cool:

JPL
04-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Yeah that definately is a plus :thumbsup:

Damon18
04-21-2007, 09:38 PM
As we move closer to Round 2. The matchups are starting to look awesome for some great hockey. :thumbsup: I will say that if my Devils close out the Lightning tomorrow I'm more than a little worried about Ottawa. :(

I think that will be a great matchup (if it happens). Not much to separate the two teams except for the Broduer factor. If he is on his game there isn't much the opposition can do about it. I am still not too confident in Emery as a big time goalie but he has done well so far.

MMouse6937
04-23-2007, 04:41 PM
WOO HOO Let's Go Red Wings!! That game last night was awesome. My nerves were shot!! My DH's Sabres already advanced so he was happy....looks like a New York showdown though. We'll wait for Dallas/Vancouver tonight and see how it all plays out! I love the finals! :number1:

JPL
04-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Time for Round 2 :thumbsup:

Eastern Conference

Ranger vs Sabres

GM 1: Rangers @ Sabres
Wed. 4/25 7:00 pm, VERSUS, TSN

GM 2: Rangers @ Sabres
Fri. 4/27 7:00 pm, VERSUS, TSN

GM 3: Sabres @ Rangers
Sun. 4/29 2:00 pm, NBC, TSN

GM 4: Sabres @ Rangers
Tue. 5/1 7:00 pm, VERSUS, TSN

*GM 5: Rangers @ Sabres
Fri. 5/4 7:00 pm, VERSUS, TSN

*GM 6: Sabres @ Rangers
Sun. 5/6 2:00 pm, NBC, TSN

*GM 7: Rangers @ Sabres
Tue. 5/8 7:00 pm, VERSUS, TSN

Devils vs Senators
GM 1: Devils @ Sabres
Thu. 4/26 7:00 pm, CBC, RDS

GM 2: Devils @ Sabres
Sat. 4/28 8:00 pm, VERSUS, CBC

GM 3: Devils @ Senators
Mon. 4/30 7:00 pm, VERSUS, CBC

GM 4: Devils @ Senators
Wed. 5/2 7:00 pm, VERSUS, CBC

*GM 5: Senators @ Devils
Sat. 5/5 8:00 pm, VERSUS, CBC

*GM 6: Devils @ Senators
Mon. 5/7 7:00 pm, VERSUS, CBC

*GM 7: Senators @ Devils
Wed. 5/9 7:00 pm, CBC, RDS

* if necessary
- ALL TIMES EASTERN

Nhl.com didn't have the Western Conference Schedules posted yet. I will add them later.

mouseaddict
04-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Man...this is going to be a very rough round. I am looking forward to seeing the Sens/devils series. I think that whoever comes out on top in that one will go all the way to the finals. They are two very similar teams with tons of talent. (I may need valium by the time it is over tho!)

JPL
04-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Western Conference

Sharks vs Red Wings

GM 1: Thu. April 26 at Detroit
GM 2: Sat. April 28 at Detroit
GM 3: Mon. April 30 at San Jose
GM 4: Wed. May 2 at San Jose
*GM 5: Sat. May 5 at Detroit
*GM 6: Mon. May 7 at San Jose
*GM 7: Wed. May 9 at Detroit

Canucks vs Ducks

GM 1: Wed. April 25 at Anaheim
GM 2: Fri. April 27 at Anaheim
GM 3: Sun. April 29 at Vancouver
GM 4: Tue. May 1 at Vancouver
*GM 5: Thu. May 3 at Anaheim
*GM 6: Sun. May 6 at Vancouver
*GM 7: Tue. May 8 at Anaheim

* If necessary

JPL
04-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Man...this is going to be a very rough round. I am looking forward to seeing the Sens/devils series. I think that whoever comes out on top in that one will go all the way to the finals. They are two very similar teams with tons of talent. (I may need valium by the time it is over tho!)

Definately looking forward to this but as a Devils Fan I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried. I think the Rangers and Sabres series is also going to be awesome.

MMouse6937
04-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Definately looking forward to this but as a Devils Fan I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried. I think the Rangers and Sabres series is also going to be awesome.

Wasn't too awesome last night :D The Sabres clobbered them!! My DH was in heaven. Here's to hoping the Wings have the same fortune tonight :fingers:

JPL
04-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Was at the Game tonight.
Have to say it was probably one of the worst officiated Playoff games I have seen in a long time. I think Broduer played the worst playoff game of his career and with to saves that he would normally make it could have been a different outcome. Both Goalies played poorly and if I didn't see the game and you said the Devils socred 4 goals I would ahve definately thought they won the game. It looked like an early October game rather than a 2nd round playoff game.

mouseaddict
04-27-2007, 08:02 AM
I did not get to see the game..no coverage here. I can tell you how it went..Sens came out strong in the first..Devils were rusty. Sens slacked in the second..Devils took advantage. They both played better in the third. This is the way it way it seems to go with the Sens...
I see the game was not sold out...surprising. New Jersey has always struck me as a big hockey market.
Saturday should be interesting...I have a feeling the Devils will take that one..2-1

JPL
04-27-2007, 03:17 PM
I
I see the game was not sold out...surprising. New Jersey has always struck me as a big hockey market.

The main problem is the location of the arena it is in a high traffic area with no public transportation. The 7PM start really hurt the crowd since anyone working until 5 or 5:30 would miss half the game.

mouseaddict
05-06-2007, 04:19 PM
SOrry JPL but....

GO SENS GO!!!!!!

JPL
05-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Only positive is last night was my last game in that miserable arena :thumbsup:

MMouse6937
05-08-2007, 11:33 AM
LETS GO RED WINGS!! WOO HOO

Bring on Anaheim

My DH's Sabres are onto Ottawa.

Not sure what we'll do if they both win these series, someone is going to have to move out for a while ;)

mouseaddict
05-19-2007, 09:42 PM
I can't believe it!!!!! My Sens are in the finals!!!!!

GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Damon18
05-20-2007, 02:00 PM
GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

That says it all!!:number1:

Rosanne
05-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Anybody else horified by NBC playoff coverage? I almost died when they bumped the OT of the Sabres/Sens game to put on pre-race coverage of horse racing. They should be ashamed...

mouseaddict
05-21-2007, 04:26 PM
It is really sad and disgusting that NBC can pull that. It hapened earlier in the playoffs as well. It is also sad that the NHL allows them to do it. As far as I am concerned hockey is one of the most exciting sports around, and it just does not seem to catch on here in the US. The networks really don't help by pulling this mess.
I am canadian and grew up watching hockey night in Canada..it is tradition on Saturday nights..and I miss that. I wish that we could get that great coverage down here!

alphamommy
05-23-2007, 01:29 PM
I agree about NBC's coverage - we live near Canada, but have a satelite dish and don't get CBC (I miss HNIC, too!).

Oh, well, doesn't really matter for us now - we're Red Wings fans.:(