PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't there be a better Star Wars ride?

caryrae
04-04-2007, 07:25 PM
With the tecnological minds of George Lucas and Disney. I was just thinking, I know it's a classic but I think Disney could make a new kick butt Star Wars ride. The Star Tours ride seems to be outdated IMHO. I would think with George Lucas's help they could make some super awesome Star Wars theme ride. Or does George Lucas not really have much to do with Star Tours? At least have maybe include the new Star Wars movies along with the classic ones where you could choose which film you would like to see on the ride.

Maybe a Star Wars ride like the spiderman ride at Universal or even a great movie ride type ride with scenes from all 6 Star Wars movies. All your favorite Star Wars characters made into Audio Anamatronics.

LoriMistress
04-04-2007, 07:49 PM
There's numerous rumors about Lucas re doing the ride altogether and having a new movie playing with it at DLR, but these rumors have been around for years. Though, after the entire triology has been released, and how confirmed reports that they'll be a SW animated and television series. The cartoon animated series is suppose to be focusing on one of the main characters (ex: Han Solo, etc.) And the live action is suppose to be between episode 3-4 (focusing on Darth Vadar ruling the empire.) Though, the rumors always change consistantly...and the shows won't be released until 2009.

Makusu
04-04-2007, 08:32 PM
I would like the see a change to StarTours. It's a great ride and could use some updates.

:D

thejens
04-04-2007, 08:44 PM
I agree. I'd love to see another ride altogether. NOT a game like Buzz,(I am the only one in the world bored by this ride) but a really fun, exciting dark ride like Dinosoar with scenes from all the movies, Darth Vadar suddenly appearing, lasers flashing, phasers blasting, etc. the awesome Star Wars music....

JPL
04-04-2007, 08:50 PM
It's true the technology behind Star Tours is outdated by today's standards but when it was installed it was a state of the art ride system. I would love to see a new movie but I wouldn't bet on any other type of attraction replacing it. The sensation of flying and effects of the film and simulator still work well. The most we can hope for is a new film. What I would like to see if a few different version of the new film so it can keep the attraction fresh. Maybe 3 or more different missions that are randomly selected so you never know which one you are going to get.

LudwigVonDrake
04-04-2007, 10:33 PM
At this point I'll believe an update to Star Tours when I actually see it :trooper: :darth: :ewok: :chewy: :yoda:

dumbo ears
04-04-2007, 11:34 PM
i agree that star tours needs a new makeover. they should make it like spiderman at universal that is a really cool ride there.

mdricks
04-05-2007, 10:49 AM
I wonder if there is a licensing issue holding this back. You could do a whole park around star wars not to mention a new dark/fast ride. The appeal never wanes and the material holds limitless Imagineering possibilities. Something has got to be in the way....... :confused:

Figgyluv03
04-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Star Tours definetely needs an update and I think a dark ride would be awesome! Like someone said, I'm only believe it when I see it!

Granny Jill A
04-05-2007, 02:56 PM
I would love to see an updated version of Star Tours. The Imagineers might not know this, but there is a whole new generation of Star Wars fans coming up. My 5-year-old grandson and other kids his age are CRAZY for Star Wars Legos video games and toys.

The ride designers can certainly get some good mileage out of updating the ride for their new fans.