PDA

View Full Version : St. Augustine??

ToDisney
04-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi, Our 18th Wedding Anniversary is this weekend. :cloud9: Originally my Husband had to work and we were not going anywhere. But it is starting to look promising for a little time off. So I was looking into a night or two in St Augustine. Does anyone have any suggestions of a REALY nice hotel?
I would like to keep it inexpensive, BUT I am also very picky, especialy about the cleanliness of the resorts and hotels we've stayed in.
If you have any recommendations about places to dine or see, please let me know. THANKS!!
:wave:

Piglet822
04-04-2007, 07:16 PM
My best friend and I are going away Mother's Day weekend :woohoo: and we will be spending it in St. Augustine.
I went to St Augustine's (http://www.staugustine.com/visit/) website and found a whole slew of hotels, descriptions, prices and photos. I also have a friend that lives up there so he helped answer some of my questions about hotels.

And Happy Anniversary to you!!!!

bcornette
04-04-2007, 08:45 PM
My family stops in St. Augustine every year on our return from Disney. We stay at the Hilton Garden Inn near the beach, not very close to the Historic section of town though. My wife is very picky when it comes to the cleaniless of the hotel's that we stay in, so you won't get any surprises when it comes to cleaniless of the room.
It's not right on the beach but it is right across the street from the beach. If you want a room with a balcony right on the Beach this would also not be what you wanted.
As for the price, it is very reasonable, we actually always get one of those Florida hotel magazines that are at rest stops and get the room for $69/ night in the summer (I think, maybe it's $79). We have always been able to use those books and have stayed there for 4 straight years for atleast 2 nights each time.
I can't give too much input on resturants because we try to eat at small local places and always try something new each time, so I don't remember any of the names. I do remember a seafood place near the historic section that hangs over the inlet and you can feed the fish or seagulls your leftovers (they have little openings to open and hang you hand out to feed them).