PDA

View Full Version : Yavn Speaks (Updated 4/4/06)

WDWfanatic742
04-04-2007, 06:32 PM
4/3 – UPDATE! Get the latest info on the new features and the dark ride attractions straight from the source!

Lights on for Dark Rides!

After months of hard work I'm very proud to announce/launch the very first VMK Dark Rides! The team spent lots of time creating all the items to make these rides faithful virtual recreations of their park counterparts. Hopefully you will enjoy them as much as we do! But before I hop back on Peter Pan's Flight I have a few notes that will help make the game experience even better!

Pulling the Sword from a Stone!

By far the most asked question about the new Fantasyland update is, 'How do I get a Sword in the Stone Single Use Magic Pin?' This question is also usually followed by does the sword comes out of the stone? The easy answer is you MIGHT win a Pin by riding either Alice in Wonderland or Peter Pan's Flight. And yes, every time you ride one of the attractions there's a chance you'll win a the Sword in the Stone Single Use Magic Pin. Notice I said you might win – not every ride will get you a pin – so ride often and keep your fingers crossed! Now what should you do if you're lucky enough to win a pin?

Well, just head on over to the sword in the Fantasyland Courtyard (make sure you're wearing the Sword in the Stone Pin) and then activate the pin. Your character will then walk up to the sword automatically and give it a tug. If the sword comes out of the stone you win something cool! But keep riding for a chance to win because the prizes will be changing!

Hair today! and tomorrow!

Seen your friends with a new do? Well, that's cause we added 2 new hairstyles – one for boys and one for girls.

Dark Ride Parts & Pieces

So you like the new additions and want to know when you can get your hands on it for your own ride or room, which prompts the question, when's the stuff coming out? How about if you had a chance to win some stuff before it goes on sale?

PIECES THAT WILL BE RELEASED:

Alice in Wonderland short hedge piece.
Alice in Wonderland long hedge piece.
Alice in Wonderland ride starter piece.
Alice in Wonderland curved track piece.

If you check the Community Calendar you'll see a Ride-A-Thon scheduled for this month! The Fantasyland Ride-A-Thon will run April 27, 28 and 29th. After the Ride-A-Thon you'll see more items as well as track pieces available in the shops – but please remember, as I've said before, not all of the pieces will be released – but you will see quite a few releases as well as our new Dark Ride Guest Room! Sweet!

Fantasyland Quests

In addition to launching the new Fantasyland dark rides, we also launched the first of 4 in-game Fantasyland Quests. The questions are a mix from the animated feature films as well as the dark ride attractions. This week's Quest is from Peter Pan, so grab that DVD (check out that new 2-disc set if you haven't already, it's awesome) and get your Pan On! Want a heads up for next week? Do the words 'Dinah the Cat' mean anything to you?

Cool Stuff? We Got Lots!

Along with the dark rides there are several new functionality changes now in the game – including, a new room information window, an enhanced trade window – which offer greater details when you click on an item in any menu or the trade window. To find out exactly how these new features work (as well as many others) be sure to check the FAQs section on the site.

Well there you go! We hope you enjoy the enhancements and new rides – they're a labor of love for the VMK Team so we really hope you enjoy them. If you like them and want more let us know – and just so you know, I'm a huge Mr. Toad's Wild Ride fan and would love an excuse to ride it a bunch more! Later!

See you in VMK!

Yavn

WDWfanatic742
04-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Downloaded Furniture

What are those blue boxes that I see when I go into my guest rooms?
We've changed the way VMK loads onto your machine to make the game download faster – one of the ways we've made the game download quicker is to allow items to 'load as you play.' Basically, the key components of the game, like rooms, download as you load the game, but things like furniture are loaded as you play. The blue boxes are 'placeholders' for furniture - which means that the furniture in those spots is currently being downloaded. After the furniture is done downloading, it will appear where the placeholder was. As the furniture is downloaded it's stored in your internet browsers cache, so the next time you log into VMK, any furniture in your cache will appear automatically in the rooms.

What does 'load as you play' mean?
It means that some items aren't downloaded immediately when you log into VMK. Some items are downloaded when you enter a guest room for the first time. They're also downloaded when you come in contact with the item for the first time.

What do you mean by 'items are downloaded and stored in my cache?'
When you visit a website, images (like banners or site logos) are downloaded into your Temporary Internet Files so the next time you visit the website, they load almost immediately. VMK is now using this same process, so when you enter a room, all the furniture that's placed in the room will be downloaded into your Temporary Internet Files (or cache). The next time you log into VMK and enter a room, it will load quicker than before. Remember, every time you delete your Temporary Internet Files (or clear your cache), you will have to download all the furniture again.

Why do I get the 'Loading Additional Items' window when I enter certain rooms (such as Alice in Wonderland Ride, Peter Pan Ride, or HOST Events)?
Since the Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan ride both have a lot of items to load, we implemented a functionality that lets the first room as well as additional rooms connected to the ride load first.

What happens if I press 'CANCEL' on the Loading Additional Items window?
If you press the CANCEL button on the Loading Additional Items window, you will be taken back to the VMK Map. If you were in the middle of loading a HOST room, or one of the Fantasyland Dark Rides, you will lose your place in line – as well as the credits you paid to get on the ride. So make sure you are certain that you want to cancel the loading of additional items before you click the button.

I accidentally pressed 'CANCEL' when one of the Fantasyland Dark Ride rooms was loading. Can I get my credits back?
Once you've paid your credits, you cannot get them back if you cancel the loading of additional items. Once you accept the Entrance Fee for either of the Dark Rides, the credits are taken out of your inventory. Again, make sure you want to cancel the loading and do not accidentally press the CANCEL button when loading one of the Dark Ride rooms.

Guests Moving Furniture

I clicked on an item in my Guest Room (ie: Furniture, Posters), and I noticed a new button. What does the Item Info button do?
The new 'ITEM INFO' button is located next to the 'TAKE AWAY' button, when clicked, displays additional information about the item such as item name.

Wait, did you just say Guests can move furniture?
Hold on, before you get upset, let us reassure you, guest can ONLY move furniture. They won't be able to take an item (any item) that you've placed in your room into their own inventory.

What items can be moved by guests?
Only furniture and posters that are placed in a room can be moved by guests – and then ONLY if the Room Owner has allowed that item to be moved. By default, all furniture and posters cannot be moved by guests, the Room Owner must select which items he/she wishes to be moved by Guests before they can move them.

Trading Window

The trading window looks different. Did you change something?
Yes, we did! To address some issues concerning trades, we added new features to the trading window. Now, when you click on an item, information about the item is displayed on the right hand of the window. The information displayed includes the item name, the type of item it is (furniture, magic pin, single-use magic pin, clothing, etc.), who owns the items, whether or not it's tradeable, and the magic word you need to active the item (if a magic pin is highlighted). In the Trading Window you can now view additional information about the other player's item. Simply, select the item in question and and you'll receive information about it. (You'll know that Dancing Inferno really has as many stars as they claim by clicking on the pin in the offer window!)

Mouse Over

I don't know who any of the people are in this room! Can you help?
Now you can spot a face in the crowd – by placing your mouse over any avatar to see their VMK name. Remember you can still click on the avatar to see more information about them. NOTE: Mouse Over names do not show up during the mini–games.

Dark Rides & Dark Ride Furniture

What are these Dark Rides I keep hearing about in VMK?
Currently, there are two classic Disneyland Dark Rides in VMK – Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan's Flight. The rides both cost a few credits each, but you will may be rewarded with a Sword in the Stone Single-Use Magic Pin when you ride them! Take the Sword in the Stone Single-Use Magic Pin and try your luck at pulling the Sword from the Stone. Good luck! (They're called Dark Rides because the rides take place mostly in the dark while items on the ride are illuminated by black light.)

What's the difference between Dark Ride track pieces and the other track pieces?
You no longer have to place items alongside the trade to keep your guests from exiting the ride! Dark Ride track pieces keep your guests in the ride car throughout the remainder of the ride.

How do I get some of the Dark Ride track pieces as well as the furniture from the Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan's Flight ride?
We're currently working on a release schedule for Dark Ride track pieces and select furniture pieces from both rides. Check the VMK Newsletter often to stay up-to-date with item releases.

WDWfanatic742
04-04-2007, 06:46 PM
I added the new FAQ's with this new Yavn Speaks because he mentions them in the newsletter. Some valuable stuff in there.

Chescat
04-04-2007, 08:12 PM
PIECES THAT WILL BE RELEASED:

Alice in Wonderland short hedge piece.
Alice in Wonderland long hedge piece.
Alice in Wonderland ride starter piece.
Alice in Wonderland curved track piece.

If you check the Community Calendar you'll see a Ride-A-Thon scheduled for this month! The Fantasyland Ride-A-Thon will run April 27, 28 and 29th. After the Ride-A-Thon you'll see more items as well as track pieces available in the shops – but please remember, as I've said before, not all of the pieces will be released – but you will see quite a few releases as well as our new Dark Ride Guest Room! Sweet!
What about the In Park Quests? And I'm busy that whole weekend.
:fit: :fit: :angry: :angry: :rant: :blowup:

Mr. Tom Morrow
04-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Downloaded Furniture

What are those blue boxes that I see when I go into my guest rooms?
We've changed the way VMK loads onto your machine to make the game download faster – one of the ways we've made the game download quicker is to allow items to 'load as you play.

I've seen the blue boxes but I certainly haven't noticed the game loading any faster:confused: