PDA

View Full Version : Beaches and Cream Kitchen sink sundae

caryrae
04-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Has anyone gotten and finished or even attempted that ice cream sundae from beaches and cream that comes in a little kitchen sink? It looks just massive. Saw it on the Great Hotels Yacht and Beach club episode.

disneyfan1124
04-04-2007, 05:45 PM
You need to talk with "conwayjon71" they were looking for the location! they saw the same show...

funny!

caryrae
04-04-2007, 05:56 PM
It's at the Beach club. I know there's like 8 scoops of different flavored ice cream and a ton of different toppings even a whole can of whipped cream, brownies, cakes, candy bars and more I can't remember.

It only costs $22. Looks wonderful I would love to give it a try.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/foodphotos/deluxeresorts/bcpage1.asp#photo6

disneyfan1124
04-04-2007, 06:02 PM
I would need more than DH to help me eat it -- even if I was starving!! I'd end up with melted mush before it's gone!

Sloanie
04-04-2007, 06:10 PM
I worked at beaches n cream when I was a CP a few years ago. They are massive!! I did witness a few people who managed to eat the whole thing in under an hour. Very Impressive. It is 8 Scoops of ice cream, hot fudge, caramel, strawberry topping, one banana, 4 oreos, a whole milky way, one brownie, one angel food cake, about a half a cup of toppings, one WHOLE can of whipped cream and of course lots of cherries.

JPL
04-04-2007, 06:25 PM
I have heard of a few people claiming to finish. I can't imagine it being a very enjoyable experience :sick:

poeticeclipse
04-04-2007, 06:38 PM
I worked at beaches n cream when I was a CP a few years ago. They are massive!! I did witness a few people who managed to eat the whole thing in under an hour. Very Impressive. It is 8 Scoops of ice cream, hot fudge, caramel, strawberry topping, one banana, 4 oreos, a whole milky way, one brownie, one angel food cake, about a half a cup of toppings, one WHOLE can of whipped cream and of course lots of cherries.

WOW! I bet it was fun to watch those people scarf a whole kitchen sinks worth of ice cream down. I love ice cream a lot. Enough to say that it's my favorite food, but I don't think I could eat all of that. Plus, I hate cherries!! haha

5fromabove
04-04-2007, 06:50 PM
it was a cross between :cloud9: and :sick: . We had 6 of us eating it, I have some hysterical photos of our kids trying to eat it. It was quite amusing. It is VERY good and was something I think they will remember forever! :) You could always take the boat over from MGM to the YC and eat one for dessert after a day in that park :idea: or walk through the back entrance at Epcot to there on an Epcot day. :) It really is something that must be shared :)

Seasonscraps
04-04-2007, 07:24 PM
We ordered one once when my mother visited us at Disney World. I was :sick: I don't like mushed up mixed up desserts like that but they enjoyed it. They didn't come close to making a real dent in it though...LOL

Maleficent's Dad
04-04-2007, 08:10 PM
I once saw two teens competing against each other trying to see who could finish one first.

To make a long story short - neither succeeded!

B&C is a fantastic place; unfortunately it is way too small. Great sundaes (No Way Jose) and good fast food; lovely atmosphere! Plus, you can't beat the location!

It's a 5 minute walk from the Int'l Gateway in EPCOT. :mickey:

thejens
04-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Yum! I for one am going to take the challenge!!! With the help of my 3 year old and 8 year old sons! Any tips of when it is less crowded? We'll be staying at the BC this May!!! Yippee!

alpro2
04-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Our family of 4 shared one for lunch last summer. Yummy!

Bruegge
04-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Boy, I'd love to see the Nutritional information sheet on that bad boy...

Gotta be 2000 calories.... prob 90% from fat

Scott

richardsa98
04-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Oh Boy! 2,000 calories? More like 10,000:secret: But it does sound like an awesome family dinner! It is definitely one way of getting your daily calcium and carbohydrate intake:thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
04-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Boy, I'd love to see the Nutritional information sheet on that bad boy...

Gotta be 2000 calories.... prob 90% from fat

Scott

Oh Boy! 2,000 calories? More like 10,000:secret: But it does sound like an awesome family dinner! It is definitely one way of getting your daily calcium and carbohydrate intake:thumbsup:

Haven't you guys heard.......Nothing you eat at Disney has calories!!! :D :D :D

And that magical 10 pounds you gain from eating such lucious desserts is just a little leftover "magic" tink sprinkles on you on your way out of the World!!!

Tigerlilly
04-05-2007, 08:15 AM
We are planning on heading over there in May just for this miracle of Icecream technology.
There will be 4 adults and 2 children in our party!

caryrae
04-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Do you get anything for finishing one? Like a certificate or something?

tomorrowschild
04-05-2007, 11:28 AM
It took 4 of us to finish it (Dad, Mom, Brother, and me):mickey:

smickey
04-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Ok I will share this...my husband, daughter, son-in-law, myself and our grandson who was 4 at the time had the Kitchen Sink.
After the parade and clapping from the staff and other patrons we began our feast. This was amazing and the most embarrassing was at the end.. here we were... all 5 of us with straws sucking the very last of the topping sauce at the bottom of the empty kitchen sink!!

We still have pictures of the look on our grandsons face...and of course what's on his face!!

jillluvsdisney
04-05-2007, 08:34 PM
The funniest part of the KItchen Sink is that the waitress announces all the ingrediants in it to the whole restuarant before setting it on the table. It's a pretty long spiel. You do not order this and then get to remain just a low key customer. All eyes are thrust upon you.

We had lunch there last year and 3 parties order it.

Maleficent's Dad
04-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Do you get anything for finishing one? Like a certificate or something?
I can not say with cetainty, but I've been told (by CM's in the restaurant itself) that if a single person eats the entire thing within 30 minutes (maybe 60? :confused: ), you get it for free.
I've never eaten one nor ordered one, so I can't say for sure! :mickey:

magicofdisney
04-05-2007, 11:13 PM
The first time we ordered one it was my two girls and me.
We didn't finish it.

The next time it was my mom, her sister, three of my kids and me.
We didn't finish it.

The last time it was my husband, all four kids and myself.
We didn't finish it.

But, we did put some leftover ice cream in plastic cups with lids and straws and took it with us. Kind of like a thick milkshake, on the go. :eat:

Sloanie
04-07-2007, 03:55 PM
They have 60 minutes to finish it. . . . and they have to eat EVERYTHING before it's free:sick:

bigbabyblues
04-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Will they leave out the angel food cake if you ask? We're going to order one, but none of us likes angel food cake. I know we can take it out, but why waste it?

Here we go again...
04-07-2007, 07:06 PM
There were 8 of us trying to finish one in November... it did not happen. The funny thing was that the person who choked down the most was the thinnest person there.
We loved it... all except the coffee ice cream, I just did not care for that at all.
Check this out:
http://travel.webshots.com/album/555973664DoaEaO