PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga's New Pool?

lockedoutlogic
04-04-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm curious if anyone has any idea when the second Saratoga Springs Feature pool will open? We saw it well under construction when we purchased in November of last year...

Anyone know when that pool is slated to go online?

Maleficent's Dad
04-04-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm curious as to this as well...

We walked right up to the new pool while playing a round of golf (Lake Buena Vista course) in February. Pool did look completely done - it can't be long until it is open! :mickey:

(Just an FYI, the pool did look on the smaller side...)

lockedoutlogic
04-04-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm curious as to this as well...

We walked right up to the new pool while playing a round of golf (Lake Buena Vista course) in February. Pool did look completely done - it can't be long until it is open! :mickey:

(Just an FYI, the pool did look on the smaller side...)

Well... knowing Disney's construction timetable...I new it wouldn't be long until it was finished....I was wondering if they were going to wait until units behind the pool are occupied before they bring the pool online...of course...it is unlike disney to hold off opening anything if it's ready....

Regardless of the size of the pool...the addition of a second larger pool already makes saratoga springs unique...no other location will sport two pools with extensive theming....if they add more dining options...saratoga will be in the class of the yacht and beach complex....to go along with the AKL when the Villas are complete.....
They will become "super" resorts....sporting a wide variety of options that you don't get at a location such as the polynesian

richardsa98
04-04-2007, 10:17 PM
We are going in June and our guide told us that it will be open by then and all of the construction completed!!!
the addition of a second larger pool already makes saratoga springs unique...no other location will sport two pools with extensive theming....if they add more dining options...saratoga will be in the class of the yacht and beach complex
I agree with this! Planning for this trip was so much easier than any other. The proximity to DTD really opened up so many more options for eating and ease in transportation since we can take any bus from DTD to other resorts, plus pick up the Saratoga buses for parks. In the past getting from one resort to another to eat had been such a hassle. Hope my trip goes as easily as my husband and i are anticipating:)

Brenle
04-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Does anyone know where the second feature pool is located?:confused:

rsumrall
04-08-2007, 02:06 AM
I talked with a CM at DVC Customer Service this Thursday and he said that all construction at SSR is completed and it is in a trial phase this weekend with select cast members staying at all of the new units. The pool, according to him, is also complete.

lockedoutlogic
04-09-2007, 09:52 AM
I talked with a CM at DVC Customer Service this Thursday and he said that all construction at SSR is completed and it is in a trial phase this weekend with select cast members staying at all of the new units. The pool, according to him, is also complete.

Actually...the pool has been up and running since mid-march....

Though smaller than the main pool...it has a themed area, pool bar, and hot tub...which makes it more than you're standard WDW-issue quiet pool....

A very nice addition....

As far as all construction being completed....I believe 2 of the Grandstand section buildings are now completed...with 2 more yet to be competed....

So by the fall of this year...Saratoga should be complete...making it the largest DVC site by quite a bit with nearly 1000 units.....until the contemporary tower shoots up....if the rumors are true.

Brenle
04-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Is the second feature pool located in the Grandstand section? Carousel? Do you know by any chance?

lockedoutlogic
04-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Is the second feature pool located in the Grandstand section? Carousel? Do you know by any chance?

The new pool area is located in the Grandstand section....there are other disney boards that have more updated info on saratoga...including new resort maps

DVC2004
04-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Definitely a welcome addition with the size of SSR. Now if we can only get a larger sitdown dining place. *Sigh*

They don't always update the maps in time. In December I stayed in a newly opened section. Not on any map. We got off at the wrong stop and forgot the name, the front desk told me the room didn't exist!:blush: So they are sometimes building/opening ahead of thier maps at SSR!

MinnieMommie
04-10-2007, 10:55 PM
I received an email today from DVC member services that said all the Grandstand buildings are open except 2. They are scheduled to open May 8 and June 5 but the dates are subject to change. :mickey: