PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy?

disneyjo-91
04-04-2007, 04:25 PM
I am sitting at my desk listening to hawaiian music and dreaming of the poly..... I went to the poly last year... I hadnt been since 2001 and had forgotten how much i missed it! ;)
Now I am dreaming of going back...:cloud9:
I guess it helped some that we were upgraded to conceirge at no charge due to a mix up!
can wait to go back in 2008!!!!!:mickey:

princessjojo
04-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Crazy? I think not. Ever since we came back last spring I have been secretly planning another trip for 2008. I have finally gotten the ok from DH and now I make some reference to it at least once a day if not more. Too much and I might be pushing my luck a little. He likes it there as much as the boys & I do though. I have sat back and envisioned myself walking into the lobby of the Poly and checking in with my Tommy Bahama dress, some type of cute sandles on and sunglasses that scream "I'm here!" Now that's crazy I think!!! :lei:

disneyfan1124
04-04-2007, 05:11 PM
There's a hidden Mickey in my heart! No matter where we stay, or when we go, as soon as we get home, we start planning the next trip!We don't stay at the Poly but we love Ohana's and our favorite coctail waitress Sandra! The pool bar is one of the best places to relax! No matter how many folks are at the pool, we always find a good spot and enjoy adult beverages!

Willowwind
04-04-2007, 06:07 PM
You are SO not crazy!! And if you are, at least you're in good company here. :cool:

Example: My boss bought a sympathy card for one of the girls at work. It has gold foil elephants on it and these sunset savannah colors. All I could think of as I was signing it was our trip to the AKL in December. So here I am writing this "in you time of grief note" with a big goofy grin on my face. Try explaining that one to your boss!

garymacd
04-04-2007, 08:06 PM
If that is the definition of being crazy, sign me up for the bus, cuz I got it too!

I don't find myself listening to Hawaiian music, but I do find myself listening to Jazz and trying to figure out how to make my beignet's lighter and fluffier...:cloud9:

disneyjo-91
04-04-2007, 08:24 PM
I am so glad I am not the only one!!! All of my friends think me and my DH are CRAZY! :blush:
Everyone wants us to stop going to disney! I would rather not take a vacation at all ...then miss a trip to disney... and now I can not wait to go back to the poly!!!!!

thanks guys for hopping on my crazy train!! :mickey:

thejens
04-04-2007, 09:03 PM
I am the same crazy as you!!!!!!

mrsgaribaldi
04-05-2007, 05:13 AM
I'm crazy too:blush: :thumbsup:

JMTStone
04-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Haven't got this year's trip under our belt and I'm already thinking of where we will stay/do in 2008.

We're all in this together. This is like a support group.

HulaMinnie
04-06-2007, 10:28 AM
You're as crazy as the rest of us, I guess, if that's any consolation!

I have a set of the old curtains (before the rehab) from the Polynesian in our bedroom and one of the old mirrors so I can feel like I'm there every day!

DD sometimes asks if we can make dinner "like in the lounge" and I know she means sticky wings, stir fried rice, pineapple with caramel, etc. and we put on some Hawaiian music. She loves the Polynesian so much and grumbles if I tell her we're staying at a different resort (but of course always has a blast wherever we stay!)

Friends and family think we're weird, too. Some "get it" after we take them with us, some don't. My best friend had never stayed on property (after almost 30 years of living in Florida) until we went together last summer - she's now planning another trip for this summer. On the other hand, I took my mother with me to the Polynesian a couple of years ago and she said, "But it's all fake." Just not one to feel the magic, I guess!

Everyone's different! Enjoy and happy planning!

MindyMouse
04-06-2007, 11:42 AM
I guess that makes me crazy, too!

Everytime my 2 year old plays with his drum set, I think of the Poly. He has this one little drum that reminds me of Tiki's and such. I don't know why:blush:

mickeefan
04-06-2007, 12:34 PM
If your crazy then so am I.
Let me say one thing about your free upgrade to concierge. The same thing happened to us in December and those free upgrades can be hazardous to your wallet.
We are hooked and have October reservations for Lagoon View Concierge. It will be our first lagoon view and we can't wait.
As you can see the Poly is our favorite resort.

TiggerRPh
04-06-2007, 01:05 PM
I don't see any problem here.

:mickey::mickey::mickey:

DVC2004
04-06-2007, 01:47 PM
I love the Poly, too. I don't when we'll stay there again since we get thes best use of our points with the DVC properties, but someday.
:thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
04-06-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm staying at the Polynesian for the first time in July and can't wait :tikki: :tikki: :tikki: Today is officially 90 days (3 months). I remember when it was almost a year so I'm slowly getting there :mickey:

mttafire
04-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Nope!! Not crazy at all...I have NEVER stayed at the Poly.."When we do deluxe we stay at W.L. or C.R." But i have visited it and we would love to stay there in the future!! We can only afford deluxes every 3rd trip or so. I'm always thinking about our next trip..It makes the time go by...:mickey:

threeh
04-07-2007, 09:42 AM
You've got Polynesain fever!!! The only cure is a return to the Polynesian. :papple: The tiki torches, the background poly music and the awesome MK views should help the symptoms. Good luck!!!:thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
04-07-2007, 12:33 PM
When we were waiting for the ME to take us back to the airport, DH and I sat in the food court at POR and began to plan another trip! He wants to go back in Spet! (Maybe in Oct. now that the HM is going to be refurbed.) We took the monorail through the Poly one night and now I'm trying to figure out how to save enough to stay there next time. It looks so exotic!