PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever sold anything on Ebay?

Dsnygirl
04-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi all -

Have any of you ever sold anything on Ebay? I'm thinking of trying to sell some of my girl's clothing on there, but am wondering just what I have to do, and if it's worth it.

The clothing I have is practically mint, some of it from nicer stores, other pieces just regular... but all in almost perfect condition. I'm just wondering if there are a lot of fees involved that would make my profit similar to what I'd get at a used clothing shop here - most of ours around here give you 70-80% of the sale price - but they really mark the stuff down to get it sold, too.

Anyway - if you've used Ebay for anything, how did it work for you, what should I watch out for, and do you think it's worth the trouble of taking all the pics, etc??

Thanks for any and all help - I'm hoping it well help to boost my Disney fund!! :mickey3: :D

Ian
04-04-2007, 04:15 PM
PM me and I'll fill you in ... I've sold a ton of my DD's clothing on eBay and can give you lots of feedback ...

DizneyRox
04-04-2007, 06:12 PM
The problem with eBay is that for smaller items (cost wise), it can be a real hassle. Like you said, between taking the pictures, the time to post, the fees, and then the shipping, etc. Sometimes it's just maybe a bock an item "profit".

I have a ton of stuff that I could sell, but the hassle has kept me away. Now, sometimes it's worth it. I did at one point sell about 8K worth of virtual goods. That was cake, since I had screenshots, and all I needed to do with drop stuff off in-game.

It's amazing what people will pay for some things. Just do your research and make sure it's really worth it.

merlinmagic4
04-04-2007, 09:41 PM
It can be worth it but it totally depends on what you are selling. It does need to be in mint condition for the best sales.

Gymboree and GAP are two brands that sell very well. There are many others but those two are big. You need to put all relevant info into your title: name brand, type of item, size. Any words that you think people will use when they search (think like a buyer).

Summer clothes start selling in March. Always think ahead to the next season. Back to school/fall starts probably starts in August. You want to be one of the first ones out there!!

Fees usually run under 1.00 for a listing. You should do a gallery photo because people like me scroll photos, looking for something to catch my eye.

You will also have a paypal fee which varies with the final sale price if you use Paypal.

I came up with a lot of my Disney money from ebay. It's a great way to save! It's also a lot of fun and very addictive :blush:

CleveSJM
04-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Be sure to calculate the real cost of your listing. Listing fee, PayPal fee, shipping and handling so you know how to price the item. Look at the "Completed Sales" history available on the search screens, that'll give you a good idea of the market. You can easily turn a profit but it may be similar to your local used clothing shop. Slow and no payers will annoy you but you get used to that.