PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland Terrace changed

Gator
04-04-2007, 03:43 PM
The first two times I went to WDW 02,04, I went to this place and loved their meat stacker sandwich. I went back in December, and it turned into the noodle station. Two problems: #1-it was always closed when we went by it, #2-why would I want a bowl of Top Ramen over a great warm sandwich? Next, they'll shut down FlameTree and open a soup kitchen.

JPL
04-05-2007, 11:34 AM
This restaurant has gone through many changes and none to successful. They even used it for an overflow buffet during free dining when guests complained they had no place to eat. I never see it open during my trips so I never even think of going there even when it is open.

Kairi_7378
04-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Thanks for confirming that this place has undergone some changes. Several of the guidebooks that I read mentioned this place as a great place to eat. I was very disappointed when we ate here! I had better Chinese food when I was eating in a college cafeteria.

magicofdisney
04-07-2007, 03:32 PM
The last few times I've gone to the MK, it seems to only be open for dinner.

ElenitaB
04-07-2007, 06:51 PM
The first two times I went to WDW 02,04, I went to this place and loved their meat stacker sandwich. I went back in December, and it turned into the noodle station. Two problems: #1-it was always closed when we went by it, #2-why would I want a bowl of Top Ramen over a great warm sandwich? Next, they'll shut down FlameTree and open a soup kitchen.
Sorry you're now missing your sandwich... Unfortunately it's different strokes for different folks. I've heard another person quoted as saying "That's why there's 31 flavors." I would have loved to have a great dish of Pad Thai (which apparently was offered at some point in time at the Noodle Station) over a meat stacker sandwich.

Before you travel next time, you might want to check out the menus (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp) over in Info Central as offerings do change (sometimes from week to week).

This restaurant has gone through many changes and none to successful. They even used it for an overflow buffet during free dining when guests complained they had no place to eat. I never see it open during my trips so I never even think of going there even when it is open.
I haven't seen it open during lunch time since we ate there once in 2000! Personally, I'd love a bbq restaurant at the MK (though the smoke needed might not be a welcome addition).

bicker
04-08-2007, 07:44 AM
I rarely if ever read a good review of the old Tomorrowland Terrace -- it wasn't very distinctive. By comparison, I have read a lot of good reviews of the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace.

iceicebritney
04-08-2007, 03:41 PM
The noodle station is yet another example of why there aren't many great dining options in the magic kingdom, unless you want fast food. Im so sick of buffets and fast food... i miss the old days when disney was known for its excellent dining experiences. :(
If you want good chinease food, just go to china in epcot. The noodle station in tomorrowland stinks if ya ask me.

SBETigg
04-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I would have loved to have a great dish of Pad Thai (which apparently was offered at some point in time at the Noodle Station) over a meat stacker sandwich.

I haven't seen it open during lunch time since we ate there once in 2000! Personally, I'd love a bbq restaurant at the MK (though the smoke needed might not be a welcome addition).

I definitely agree about preferring a great dish of Pad Thai, but the Pad Thai here is not going to cut it, trust me. It's like eating three day old leftover Pad Thai from a subpar Thai takeout. Not so good. I've been to the Noodle Station and don't plan on going back.

I'm all in favor of them putting something new here, and keeping it open. It's such a great location!

wendy*darling
04-08-2007, 04:23 PM
I've only had the pot stickers here- twice- and they were very good. Oct 05 and Dec 05, both at lunchtime.
I thought the idea of the Noodle Station was great. I have read some scathing reviews of the place, but my limited personal experience was good.

I also agree that the location is great- something should definitely be here- and open for 3 meals a day!

ElenitaB
04-08-2007, 06:21 PM
I also agree that the location is great- something should definitely be here- and open for 3 meals a day!
I feel guilty for going completely off topic here, but W*D is so right... wouldn't it be nice to have a counter-service option (besides the Main Street Bake Shop) for breakfast at the MK?

bicker
04-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Disney is still known for its excellent dining experiences. It really is quite a bit better than its contemporaries, and not all that much different than it was years ago. What's changed is that Disney is really listening to their customers, these days, and those customers generally want more affordable dining. So some of the restaurants are being redressed to serve that desire for more affordable dining.

MickeyDreamer
04-08-2007, 07:54 PM
I would really have to disagree that the noodle station was a good place for a bowl of pad thai it was very sub par in my opinion compared to other pad thai's I have had. Pretty much inedible not one of WDW best efforts.

bicker
04-09-2007, 06:58 AM
One thing folks need to factor in when comparing eateries at WDW to elsewhere is the premium that they're paying for the convenience and location. Figure that if something costs $6.99 inside the Magic Kingdom, you should compare it to something that costs $4.49 at your local mall.

Sir Notlob
04-09-2007, 05:32 PM
I would love a good noodle sandwich.