PDA

View Full Version : CS or POFQ for us....opinions?

hope
04-04-2007, 03:34 PM
We're planning on booking a trip for September and are trying to decide between CS or POFQ. We're a family of three, DS will be 4 y.o.

A little background: Our favorite stays have been at POR, BWI, and the Dolphin. Most recent was the Dolphin when DS was 2. We really like the Dolphin (especially the beds!) and would stay there again except this time we're going to try the dining plan. I thought POR was ~okay~, but probably because I'm from the South anyway, the theming didn't really wow me. Although, obviously since I like the Dolphin, theming isn't ~that~ important to me, I just like to be comfortable!

We find that we don't spend too much time in our rooms or on the resort's grounds. We might visit the pool once, or not at all. As far as dining there, we grab a quick coffee or juice at the foodcourt on the way out and maybe a soft drink when we get back at night, but that's it for eating there. What IS important is that it be fairly quiet, a short walk to the foodcourt and a fairly short bus ride to the parks, especially MK.

I'm torn because I like the smallness of POFQ, and from the pics, I like the theming in the rooms. CS, the rooms don't appeal to me quite as much, although the grounds look lovely, and I'm worried that we may have a LONG hike to get a coffee/juice in the morning or to the bus stops. BUT, looking at the Unofficial Guide, CS seems to be a VERY short bus ride to all the parks.

Thoughts??? TIA!

maizey05
04-04-2007, 04:04 PM
I did CS and POFQ in the same trip once. We had problems at CS from the check in process to transferring to POFQ. We didn't like CS for a multitude of reasons. The room was dirty, check in CM was rude, overcrowded hot tub during the whole stay. Every night when we would go to the hot tub, there were all young guys there drinking beer and beer bottles all over the place. It is a long trek anywhere at CS. I didn't realise when I had booked, but CS has a convention center there. I felt many of the guests there were there for that reason. The resort just didn't have the Disney feel, or atmosphere. That said, POFQ was great! It is nice and small. I liked that it was on the waterway. The staff was friendly and chatty, from our experience. The rooms had just been redone, and were lovely and liked the decor. I've stayed at every moderate but Riverside, and like POFQ best!

SBETigg
04-04-2007, 04:08 PM
I think POFQ is actually a shorter ride to all parks except for Animal Kingdom, but I could be mistaken. I would go with POFQ.

Mickspal
04-04-2007, 04:48 PM
I have stayed at all the moderates. From what you say about your interests, I think you would like POFQ best because it is quieter and more intimate. All the rooms are near the food court.

Ltmoko
04-04-2007, 05:02 PM
I have stayed at both places and I would pick POFQ. Its a nicer resort. CS has lots of rooms that are far from the food court. You will see people staying there for conventions. I like FQ. Its fairly quiet. You can take a boatride to DD or you can take a boatride to POR and see what riverside has to offer.

LisaMarie
04-04-2007, 05:09 PM
I've done both POFQ and CS. POFQ is easier to get around. We had room 4325 which was great since we didn't care about the view (parking lot) and it was right near the food court (albeit on the 3rd floor) and very convenient for filling up the refillable mugs. Once we got to ground level we were about 10 yards away from the food court entrance. Room 4125 would have been ideal. I also saw a lot of towel animals in the rooms at POFQ which I didn't notice so much at CS. The bus rides weren't too long, except for the bus to Animal Kingdom. When I was at CS, it was for a convention. Due to the conventions there is likely to be more people hanging around at the pool at night and more drinking than I saw at POFQ. Most rooms are a real hike to the food court also. On the plus side, a lot of the people staying there for conventions never go to the parks so the buses are not as crowded. One time I had a private bus to the Magic Kingdom, just me and the driver. My rooms at both resorts were clean and I found the staff friendly at both. CS has lovely grounds to stroll in especially at night and POFQ has a nice walk along the river.