PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge

dizneyfreek
04-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Anyone Recently Come Back From Wl? Is The Pool Rehab Finished? Any Other Rehabs Going On Down There Now? Just Wondering....we'll Be There Beginning Of May...can't Wait!!!!!!!

SallyP
04-04-2007, 08:19 PM
dizneyfreek,
We were just there this past weekend (March 30 -April 1) and I didn't see any rehab going on - pool was open and very busy, no scaffolding visible on the outside.
The new decor in the rooms is great. Clean carpet, bedspread, etc. We really liked the soft leather looking (but probably vinyl) headboard. There are light switches on the logs of the headboard to activate the lights over the beds. The flat screen TVs are a very welcome addition. We had a king bed room so we also had a nice comfy chair and footstool. The desk is rectangular, flush against the wall with two electrical outlets and the internet connection on a strip attached to the desk. There is a light with a dimmer switch on the wall at the desk attached at the top of a mirror.
Another feature I noticed in the 'wee' hours of the morning was a light in the fan compartment (ceiling) that came on when you entered the bathroom. Great idea I thought.
Sorry you have to wait until May but it will be here before you know it. Hope you have fun!

Maleficent's Dad
04-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Deb Will's website now has pics of the pool rehab. I've gotta admit, you can't see too much from her pics...

There were rumors of having a zero entry at the WL pool - that doesn't seem to be the case. Not exactly sure what they did there as the pictures are more general.

Good luck in May! :mickey:

Makusu
04-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Most of the renovations were finished on our last trip in July of last year. I must say, I LOVE the TVs now. I'm not really liking the change they did to the Roaring Fork, but I guess I'll live.

50 days and counting till WL! :mickey:

dumbo ears
04-05-2007, 12:13 AM
i have yet to visit wl and it will probably be the next place i stay

cgriff
04-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Most of the renovations were finished on our last trip in July of last year. I must say, I LOVE the TVs now. I'm not really liking the change they did to the Roaring Fork, but I guess I'll live.

Hi Makusu. What was done to Roaring Forks?
(94 days until my next stay at WL!)

cgriff

SgtTigger
04-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Hi Makusu. What was done to Roaring Forks?
(94 days until my next stay at WL!)

cgriff

When you enter Roaring Forks you go to the left and enter... That room use to have dinning but does not any more.... the whole room is now where you buy everything. You use to pickup you order in the other dinning room but now you wait on it to be fixed and it is given to you right away. As you exit you pay insted of at the end of the line....... The room to the right is still a dinning room and fixing bar.....

I hope this helps some......

:cop: :tigger:

Jimenyfan
04-06-2007, 02:57 PM

We will be there the same time. We check in on june 2-9.