PDA

View Full Version : I Hate....

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Okay, even though my soul belongs to the mouse in red shorts, I do hate some of his friends. I just don't like Pooh and Eeyore. I don't know why, they are likable characters and cute and whatnot, but they just are not "disney" to me? Does anyone else feel this? Or what Characters do you dislike?

mrsgaribaldi
04-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Sorry, I like seeing them all. I don't get pics with them all but I like to see them around:mickey:

Blue Genie
04-04-2007, 03:34 PM
What I don't think is Disney that shouldn't be in DLR or WDW is. Power Rangers & Star Wars to me it just looks wrong. I do like Star Wars but it just dosen't fit in a Disney filling if you know what I mean?

princessjojo
04-04-2007, 04:09 PM
What I don't think is Disney that shouldn't be in DLR or WDW is. Power Rangers & Star Wars to me it just looks wrong. I do like Star Wars but it just dosen't fit in a Disney filling if you know what I mean?

I second that. I feel the same way about the Indiana Jones attraction but I like it anyway. Another one is the muppets. I loved the muppets as a kid, but they just aren't the same as Mickey & his gang of friends.

Magic Fanatic
04-04-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't recall ever seeing Star Wars characters or Power Rangers being available around the parks for autographs or pictures, maybe I have just missed them. I have seen them participate in parades at MGM which seems to me is appropriate for that park. As far as Pooh and Eeyore, they are not Disney creations, Disney simply purchased the rights to them just like the Power Rangers and the Muppets

mrsgaribaldi
04-04-2007, 05:08 PM
I don't recall ever seeing Star Wars characters or Power Rangers being available around the parks for autographs or pictures, maybe I have just missed them. I have seen them participate in parades at MGM which seems to me is appropriate for that park. As far as Pooh and Eeyore, they are not Disney creations, Disney simply purchased the rights to them just like the Power Rangers and the Muppets

The Power Rangers are in MGM on the streets at set times. The streets that look like NY etc, near the stunt show. You can get pics and autographs. The Star Wars characters they don't bring out until the Star Wars weekends.:yoda: :darth: :chewy:

BelleandtheBeast
04-04-2007, 10:20 PM
I LOVE all the characters, but just to clear up something, none of the characters are Disney creations except the original charaters, like mickey, minnie, donald, ect. The others are from books. The little mermaid, snow white, ect. :mickey: I just wanted to make that clear.

slt21
04-04-2007, 10:33 PM
I just don't like Pooh and Eeyore.

Blasphemy!:thedolls:

Seriously, I do know what you mean. For me, though, it's more to do with new characters than anything. I grew up with Winnie the Pooh stories, and seeing him at Disney since I was born just feels natural to me. It's the new characters that takes getting used to (except Stitch - I've liked him from the start). Nothing against the Monsters, Inc. characters, but it just doesn't feel "right" to see them there. Even as much as I love Finding Nemo, I can't help but feel weird seeing them at Disney World. The same goes for the newer princesses.

But off the top of my head, I can't think of any characters that after giving them some time, I still disliked.

Tarzan266
04-04-2007, 10:38 PM
The Power Rangers need to go big time.

Jasper
04-04-2007, 11:01 PM
I don't have that much of a problem with the gang from Pooh or the muppets because they are more "family" oriented in my view than power rangers or Star Wars. What I mean by family is that they cover a broader range of ages than the Ranger or War characters. I am a fan of Star Wars but I think the Power Rangers find any reason to fight at the drop of the hat where the Star Wars characters seem to at least have a reason when they fight.

Does any of that make sense?

BelleandtheBeast
04-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Power rangers do need to leave, it just isn't "Disney" type characters.

baldburke
04-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Power rangers do need to leave, it just isn't "Disney" type characters.

But since they are now Disney owned (just like the Muppets and Little Einsteins via Baby Einstein) we have to welcome them.

Blasphemy!:thedolls:

Seriously, I do know what you mean. For me, though, it's more to do with new characters than anything. I grew up with Winnie the Pooh stories, and seeing him at Disney since I was born just feels natural to me. It's the new characters that takes getting used to (except Stitch - I've liked him from the start). Nothing against the Monsters, Inc. characters, but it just doesn't feel "right" to see them there. Even as much as I love Finding Nemo, I can't help but feel weird seeing them at Disney World. The same goes for the newer princesses.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any characters that even after giving them time, I still disliked.

How can anyone not like Buzz and Woody? They couldn't be more Disney-esque.

Plus, if we kept living in the past younger kids wouldn't want to go to Disney World.

slt21
04-05-2007, 01:29 AM
How can anyone not like Buzz and Woody? They couldn't be more Disney-esque.

Plus, if we kept living in the past younger kids wouldn't want to go to Disney World.

I think you really misunderstood what I was trying to say (maybe I was a bit foggy in the wording of my original post). And I never even mentioned Buzz and Woody! Heck, I love Buzz and Woody; Toy Story is one of my favorite movies ever and I'm thrilled that they're there. Besides, they have to be there so I can help them defeat Zurg.:thumbsup:

What I meant was that it's just odd for me to see new characters at Disney World, I never said I didn't want them there. So, I'm not "living in the past," it just takes time for me to adjust to them being there. Nemo is great, but it's weird seeing him at Disney. In a few years, it won't be weird.:mickey:

Like I said, once I give them a chance, I really like all of the characters. But I just get so used to Disney being a certain way, it's simply a bit of a jolt to see it differently. That's all I meant.

The only "characters" I'd like to see go are the Power Rangers. Maybe it's just a personal preference; I never did like them.

Blue Genie
04-05-2007, 02:04 AM
The only "characters" I'd like to see go are the Power Rangers. Maybe it's just a personal preference; I never did like them.

Your not the only one. I may of never been to WDW cause I live closer to Disneyland but I do fell what you mean. When I trun on the Toon Disney and see all these not Disney cartoons it gets me. I do like Digimon but Digimon dose not belong on Disney so is all these Anima [ms] Japan cartoons. I like to see the good Disney cartoons like. Goof Toop the classic Mickey Donald and Chip & Dale cartoons. Aladdin,Little Mermain & Buzz Lightyear are good cartoon to stay on Toon Disney. But Power Rangers, Get ED,Witch and so on does not belong in with Disney.

Carol
04-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Hate is a pretty strong word. :unsure:

I'm glad they have the Power Rangers. It's quite obvious from their greets - they are very popular.

You have to remember a lot of visitors are boys and older children. Not everyone is into fur characters and princesses.

If you are not thrilled about certain characters - don't take a space in their wait line. :thumbsup:

BrerSchultzy
04-05-2007, 10:14 AM
I LOVE all the characters, but just to clear up something, none of the characters are Disney creations except the original charaters, like mickey, minnie, donald, ect. The others are from books. The little mermaid, snow white, ect. :mickey: I just wanted to make that clear.

ACTUALLY, Ariel and Snow White ARE Disney creations...at least, the ones we see in the parks. Sure, the stories were borrowed from somewhere else, but the "characters" you see in the parks are Disney Characters. It's kind of like saying that since dogs existed before Pluto, Pluto isn't really a Disney creation. A great deal of creativity and talent went into creating those characters, no matter where they drew the inspiration of the story from.

I agree with PolyGirl...Hate is an awfully strong word. I think the Power Rangers are exactly where they should be, and I wish they would have more random characters back there (so that there was a reason for the back lot)...and I REALLY think they should have more of the Muppet Meet & Greets on New York Street...maybe with an Electric Mayhem bus or something.

Now....if the Power Rangers and Muppets showed up in MK, then we'll talk.

Jeff G
04-05-2007, 11:07 AM

The Star Wars characters are out year round at the enterance/exit of Star Tours, in September we saw Storm Troopers, Chewbaca and Darth Vader. My brother was down the first week of March and has pix of the same. I don't mind the non-Dsiney characters at MGM because it ties into the movies theme. We are not huge fans of Power Rangers as a kids show but they are on Toon Disney and offer a character that older kids may enjoy so I don't have a problem.

As for hate, it is a really strong, harsh word. I would say that there is one character that has annoyed me the past few years is Stich. My family loves the movie but WDW has overdone him.

SurferStitch
04-05-2007, 01:04 PM
The Power Rangers are in MGM on the streets at set times. The streets that look like NY etc, near the stunt show. You can get pics and autographs. The Star Wars characters they don't bring out until the Star Wars weekends.:yoda: :darth: :chewy:

Little tidbit:

When we were there in December, Darth Vader and 2 storm troopers came out several times each morning/early afternoon for pictures and autographs near the entrance to the ride. DH and I got our picture taken with them. :darth:

I'm not a fan of the Power Rangers, but man.....there are A LOT of kids who are! The lines for the Power Rangers are always HUGE. There a plenty of kids who would be sorry to see them go, and I think MGM is the perfect place for them.

I love seeing the Pixar characters in WDW. I think they are very Disney, and absolutely belong. I also love seeing new and/or lesser known characters here and there...it's like you stumbled over a little treasure when you come across them.

But hey....as long as Stitch is out and about, that's good enough for me! :stitch2:

Kristi Kay
04-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Hate is a strong word....I really just ment, Dislike, uncomfortable with etc etc.

ParkHopper
04-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Not a big fan of Donald, but I still like seeing him in the parks!

Christine
04-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Holy smokes! When I saw the title of this thread with the big red thumbs down I thought it was going to say "I hate...taxes" or I hate...people who abuse animals". Not Pooh and Eeyore!:(

Anyway, not even Disney can please everyone all the time. They have to put out something for everyone. The parks could not survive on just the Fab 5. It takes variety to make the "World" go round!

Try not to sweat the small stuff! (Or dare I say it... Stuff and Fluff!)

January-2007
04-06-2007, 11:52 AM
I don't particularly care for the Pooh chararters either. I would love to eat at Crystal Palace, but because of them I don't. I also don't get the Power Rangers in the parks. Yuck. When I was a kid I met the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. That was 1991, very cool. I also met Chubaka that year, and an Ewok. I like seeing the Star Wars characters. I guess I like more of them than I dislike, and I don't really hate any of them. It's all good.

PirateLover
04-06-2007, 12:33 PM
I also don't get the Power Rangers in the parks. Yuck. When I was a kid I met the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. That was 1991, very cool. .

I think you just proved the point for keeping the Power Rangers right there. I'm sure the kids today who are meeting them think it is "very cool" just as you thought meeting the Turtles was back in your childhood. I think that every generation since TV came around thinks that their childhood shows are "the best" (myself included!) And I was going to say that I can't stand the Power Rangers but then I remembered that I was a fan of their first incarnation 10+ years ago. So I will not bad mouth them.

As far as Pooh Characters, I love them!!! I love when Eeyore plays shy, it's so cute! And I'm a huge fan of the Muppets, I wish they would do more with them. Kermit and Piggy used to do meet and greets but alas they have been retired.

darthmacho
04-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Funny thing is, I used to strongly dislike Mickey, Pooh, and ALL of their friends,while having a particularly strong contempt for Goofy. :goofy:

However, having met them all, they are all good friends of mine! :mickey:

On a side note, I've always had a "thing" for the princesses, especially Ariel, and I still do. :blush:

Now, the only characters I don't have much interest in would be the Power Rangers. No appeal for me, not even the pink one.

GrmGrninGost
04-20-2007, 05:04 PM
I am a huge fan of the characters!:mickey: But, I really don't care for the Power Rangers.