PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs?

caryrae
04-04-2007, 01:49 PM
I was just wondering, it seems there is not much talk about CSR. Is it just not that great a resort? or not the kind of themeing people like? or because of the convention part of it?

I know when I think of booking a resort CSR never enters my mind, I don't know why. From the pics and other amenities it actually looks like a very nice place. The big main pool looks realy cool. CSR just doesn't seem to get the hype as other Disney Resorts.

mmouse566
04-04-2007, 02:14 PM
We love Coronado and it is one of our preferred resorts. It has a more adult feel, though our 7 yo loves it too. It just seems slower paced and it has a spa on site. Pepper market is really nice and has a vast array of food. The recreational area is really nice. I guess the only drawback is when and if there is a convention it tends to be more crowded in the food court. I have been there when there are conventions and because they are tied up during the day it really did not seem to impact the rest of the resort. Give it a try if you get a chance.

Brenle
04-04-2007, 02:23 PM
When we were making reservations last year, I had a lengthy conversation with a Disney rep. I was told Coronoda is a huge resort and a lot of the rooms are quite a trek from the restaurants and main pool. Also, they have conventions there year-round and therefore most of the rooms are filled. We wound up staying at the CBR instead and absolutely loved it there. The kids did, too!:crowd:

c&d
04-04-2007, 03:18 PM
We stayed there for 12 days this past August and loved it. Yes, it's a big resort to walk around but there is a golf cart shuttle thingy to take you around.

The main pool area was great, never overly crowded. There was also a real lap pool. Being a swimmer this was nice. It also had a spa and health club, the only moderate to have one.

The food court had some of the best choices. I loved the sandwiches, DS loved the sticky rice. Some people don't like that you pay 10% to sit in the food court, but you can always get the food to go and not have to pay it.

Some people don't like it because it's a convention hotel. When we were there a convention was going on and only once did we really notice the crowds. We stopped by the food court at noon and line was really long. We just headed over the main pool and ordered our food from the pool snack bar.

The resort is beautiful to walk around. It has 3 different themes and at night it is beautifully lit.

I was a little leery of staying there having read some bad reports on it, but we will stay there again.

Gator
04-04-2007, 03:31 PM
CS is my favorite. It's a good price vs the deluxe. It's the most beautiful of the Mods IMHO. It's close to 3 major parks and a water park. It has the best food court by far. And other than POFQ, it's a long walk to anything at all of the Mods. I highly recomend it. I'm going back again next time.

FantasmicJ
04-04-2007, 04:00 PM
CSR is the preferred moderate resort of my wife and I. It has great theming. Yes it is big, but so are all of the moderates except for POFQ. To us, it has always seemed the least busy, most laid back of all the moderate resorts. We see the conventions as a positive, because those people staying there for the conventions don't crowd the bus system, pool or really anything else that we have done at the resort (though we generally eat lunch at the parks). We love the Pepper Market food court as well.

If my wife and I stay at a moderate, we always look to see if CSR has rooms because we just love it!

RPHX2NC
04-04-2007, 06:03 PM
We also love CSR. When we booked I went on instinct and it worked. I did second guess myself. The pool is great and food court and Maya Grill were some of the best dining we had on the trip. The buses were empty and the kids did not even notice the conventioniers. I have 2friends that have also stayed there and both families loved the resort also. Feels like a deluxe, and the theming was great. A hidden gem!

caryrae
04-04-2007, 06:06 PM
That's one thing I noticed when looking what kind of food is at the food court and it sounds really good.

kathiep
04-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks to all for the hype on CS.

We are booked for September and I was beginning to second guess my choice, especially with 2 kids under 5.

Thanks to you thoughts, I can't wait to get there. :thumbsup:

Crow
04-05-2007, 02:17 PM
i stayed there once before and ill b there again in 54 days. last time wasnt there as long but it seemed nice. had a stromboli to go from Pepper Mkt and ill b eating there again using cs credit from dining plan. the pool isnt bad and the poolside bar is nice.
didnt notice the conventioneers too much. buses seemed fine. it can be a walk depending on the area you are in. i was in the Ranchos which i didnt like as much as the others, but the bus stop was close and i dont mind walking.

Granny Jill A
04-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Coronado Springs is absolutely gorgeous, but I have two complaints that keep me from booking rooms there.

1. Rooms have only one sink, as opposed to two sinks in the other moderates.

2. Don't care for the Pepper Market service charge.

The convention center is very nice, but it takes away the "Disney" feel I've come to rely on when I take a vacation.

kathiep
04-05-2007, 04:42 PM
What is the Pepper Market service charge?

I haven't come across this before...

Thanks your any information

Maleficent's Dad
04-05-2007, 09:48 PM
CSR:

Pepper Market will charge you 10% if you sit down - this is because you have a wait staff to fill your drinks for you.
Pepper Market is - imho - BAR NONE, the best food court in WDW (love that Wet Burrito! :tasty: )
CSR has GREAT theming!
Mod Resort with boat rentals, surrey bikes, good sit-down... lot of perks!
Great - and I do mean GREAT - themed pool
Great kiddie pool with large decorative fish!

I've also found many people complaining about the size. Personally, I've found CBR to be much more expansive in the mod category (OKW is the largest of them all, but that's a completely different category resort!).

I've never had a problem with the food court being crowded or with large convention crowds - but then again, I've only stayed here twice! :mickey:

GoofyFan3
04-06-2007, 07:33 PM
I will be staying at CSR at the end of this month because I found another web-site which has a lot of information about CSR.

Link removed

grego77
04-07-2007, 10:52 PM
I LOVE the Coronado! It has been the only place I have stayed, and I have loved every minute of it. It is very big, but it is BEAUTIFUL and such a great deal. Pepper Market is great, and you can hop on to a little jutney bus that drives around the resort (on the walkways) every day! The pool is huge, and the rooms are very clean. I HIGHLY suggest the Cabanas or Ranchos...they are closer to the Bus Stops (3 +4) and are quieter than the Casitas. Ideally, you will want Cabanas bldg 8 or 9 which is closest to the check-in bldg, and is right at Bus Stop 4. ENJOY! :mickey:

darthmacho
04-08-2007, 08:32 AM
I truly believ that Coronado Springs has the best theming of the moderates, and rivals many of the deluxe in that category.

It is also very romantic.

I think the biggest drawback is the convention center. I'd be kind of miffed if I was suddenly surrounded by convention goers on my vacation. It happened only once while I was there.

The pool, the lounge, and the restaurants are quite nice.

KAT1811
04-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Coronado Springs is by far our favorite resort. We stayed there on our last trip and are heading back in 155 days.

I think that the hotel is wonderful and although on the larger side the oversized golf cart shuttles make the size of the resort a non-issue. Plus it doesn't really take all that long to walk around Lago Dorado.

The amenities are great:

Bike Rentals
Boat Rentals
Spa
Business Center
Gym

I'm sure I'm probably forgetting something.

As far as the common feeling that the CS is a turn off because it is mainly convention resort I think that this is one of the perks. The conventioneers are busy all day in seminars and very rarely have time off to use the pool or even go to the parks. We never encountered a full bus and were always able to find a chair at the pool. If anything the pool was almost empty most days.

Our children are 10, 2, amd 5months and they love the CS. Our oldest DD LOVES the shuttle and often rides it around the resort with my parents while she is waiting for the rest of us to catch up. The shuttle navigators are very nice and friendly too!

I have to say that short of the resort having no balconies I would say that it could be considered a deluxe resort. We stayed at the Beach Club on one of our trips and we would pick Coronado Springs over it any day. The CS is very lively and full of life.

I'm sure you will love the CS!

mecarroll
04-09-2007, 06:44 PM
My DW and I stayed at CSR last December for our Honeymoon. WE LOVED IT!!! I could repeat everything everyone has said thus far, but I'll just say that they are all correct.

You can call an REQUEST (no request is ever guaranteed) Cabanas 8 or 9. They are in a great location. They are close to the buses and not too far from the main pool. There are also quiet pools located throughout the resort.

If you are on the DDP, try the Pepper Market for one of your meals. It is by far the best CS out there, IMHO. It might even be as good as some of the TS buffets out there!!!

You won't regret going to CSR.

lilmattie13
04-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Wow can I tell you what a relief it was to find this thread...

I am booked into CS for Sept and was starting to have some major doubts especially after reading some very negative opinions about the place on another web site.

I have stayed in AS Sports and CB and we were planning on Pop but it was sold out so we upgraded to CS instead of doing ASM.

I feel so much better now reading good things about the place. The other website talked about it being old, dated and dirty and that the housekeeping did not do a good job of refilling toiletries, towels etc.
The more I read the more I started to sweat lol

There are five of us going me, my DH, my two children 4, & 2 and my Mom. We actually asked the TA to request a first floor or a room that wouldnt have much walking as we use a wheelchair for her and a double stroller for the kids.
My husband and I get quite the work out lol

Another complaint that was often repeated was that the rooms smelled of stale smoke. We are requesting a non smoking room and I really hope that request does go through as my son has some major allergies and cigarette smoke seems to reek havoc on him.

Oh well we will have to see.

I would be interested to hear what the rest of you think..

Thanks so much:mickey:

Mickey91
04-13-2007, 01:18 AM
We stayed there a year ago and loved it. It is plush and beautiful! I think that at any given time housekeeping can be slack at any of the resorts. We stayed at WL in Dec and the Housekeeping was the worst anywhere, but had been wonderful on a previous trip.

KAT1811
04-13-2007, 08:54 AM
You won't regret CS. It is an absolutly beautiful resort. The rooms are clean and well taken care of and mousekeeping was wonderful when we were there. I think you can have a negative experience anywhere and that seems to be when people find the time to rate and review a hotel. I stayed at the Ritz Carleton and had the worst service from every aspect in my life. I had better service at ASM in WDW!!! A general rule of thumb in the hospitality industry has always been that you may tell one or two people about a positive experience but you'll tell at least ten people about a negative one.

All I can say is that we LOVE it and won't stay anywhere else. We like it even more than the Beach Club and an added bonus is that it is much cheaper!!!

Have a great trip!

lilmattie13
04-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks so much for your input.

However after reading at length here last night I decided to contace Terriesue at MJ and consult with her about POR.

I had read nothing but great things and the fact that they had the trundle bed won me over.

So I switched. We are now booked at POR for free dining in Sept.

The poor girls at MJ. I think we have truly driven them nuts this year. But thank God for them because they have gone out of their way to do everything to ensure we would set up a great vacation.

So hopefully I will try CS in the future.

:)

DizneyFreak2002
04-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Coronado Springs is my second favorite moderate after Caribbean Beach... I loved it... The resort design is fantastic... Other than it being huge and a convention resort, I have nothing bad to say about Coronado what so ever....