PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this is doable?

Sweetpea29488
04-04-2007, 01:40 PM
We will be vacationing in Vegas in July. We were thinking of getting up early and doing a day trip to Disneyland. We've been to DisneyWorld plenty of times (live in S.C.) and thought it would be a shame to be within distance of DL and not go. We would only do one day. Drive there early in the A.M. It would be the week of July 16-22. Do you think that we could pull this off? I'm just worried about driving all the way there and the park be filled to Cap. and not get in. We know we wouldn't see and do everything but just want to say that we've been there.

NotaGeek
04-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Anything is possible, and if you aren't afraid of a drive, go for it! The parks should be OK if you plan to get there Monday-Friday and DL will still be open until 8am-Midnght so there will be lots of hours. It will be busy, but if you plan midweek it won't be bad. Why not just get a hotel for 1 night? You can do the Best Western Park Place Inn right across the street and during midweek July their rates are usually less that $100. Get up early the next morning and drive back to Vegas. :thumbsup:

2Epcot
04-04-2007, 01:49 PM
It's sounds possible, I guess it just depends on how early you start. I think you're looking at at least a four hour drive. Even in the peak summer, you should be OK arriving in the morning. As with any of the parks, the earlier you get there, the better the crowds are. :mickey:

BelleBeauty
04-04-2007, 02:24 PM
I think it is possible, however I would consider getting a cheap hotel for the night. The drive will be at least 4 hours each way. It will also be on a secluded dessert road. There will be very little to keep weary travelers awake, and no help nearby should you break down (I'm being overly cautious, but you never know...)

I've done DL for the day from San Diego, which is 2 hours each way. It is completely doable, but a VERY long day with a very early start.

tinkwest
04-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Although it can be done, you will be exhausted.

When I take a day trip I have a 90 minute drive tacked on to both ends of the day and after a day at Disneyland that 90 minutes going home can seem to take forever.

Do yourself a favor and stay a night or two if this visit is really important to you. :twocents:

autumn
05-03-2007, 07:24 PM
i probably would not do it. with the four-hour drive each way and the insane crowd in july...i gotta say it might be just a little less magical than you would want.

on the plus side, it would get you out of vegas, which is going to be FREAKING hot, like 115 degrees.

if you do go for it, definitely do it mon-thurs, as vegas traffic gets unbearable on weekends and the parks will be sooooo busy.

i love the enthusiasm, but as one who goes to disneyland every week and vegas several time a year, it sounds like a nightmare to me. not to be all negative and stuff.:)

Sweetpea29488
05-04-2007, 12:37 PM
i probably would not do it. with the four-hour drive each way and the insane crowd in july...i gotta say it might be just a little less magical than you would want.

on the plus side, it would get you out of vegas, which is going to be FREAKING hot, like 115 degrees.

if you do go for it, definitely do it mon-thurs, as vegas traffic gets unbearable on weekends and the parks will be sooooo busy.

i love the enthusiasm, but as one who goes to disneyland every week and vegas several time a year, it sounds like a nightmare to me. not to be all negative and stuff.:)

I appreciate your input.

But, being a very big Disney fan being able to be that close (yes that's close to me since I live on the East Coast) and just to be able to be there will be enough. Whatever rides we can fit in will be a treat. As for being in Vegas. We don't mind the heat and have always wanted to visit. I'm glad you can go to DL every week and Vegas several times a year, that's great. So, for us to do this would prob. seem crazy to you but since this is prob. a once in a lifetime for us it doesn't seem so crazy.

Thanks everyone for the help. We are def. going to do the one day at DL. I've already purchased our tickets and they should arrive soon. My hubby (my angel) saids that with me being the Disney lover that I am, he would gladly drive the 4 hours each way so that we can visit DL. We are looking forward to our visit there as well as our visit to Vegas.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to post when we return.

DisneyLandMomma
05-07-2007, 02:41 AM
It will be a long drive but for the love of :mickey: I would do it too!! :)

Just try and avoid Friday if at all possible. You probably wouldn't have a problem getting to the DLR but you would have one heck of a time heading back to Vegas. My poor DH has to deal with friday night Vegas traffic each week and it not fun.

When you pass Hesperia...give me a wave. :hi:

Sweetpea29488
05-07-2007, 09:51 AM
It will be a long drive but for the love of :mickey: I would do it too!! :)

Just try and avoid Friday if at all possible. You probably wouldn't have a problem getting to the DLR but you would have one heck of a time heading back to Vegas. My poor DH has to deal with friday night Vegas traffic each week and it not fun.

When you pass Hesperia...give me a wave. :hi:

Thanks for the Encouragement. :thumbsup: We're prob. going to do this on Wednesday. And I'll be sending :waves to you for sure.

SebastiansDisneyMama
05-08-2007, 07:09 PM
I used to do the day trip from San Francisco which is a 6 hour drive averaging about 85 miles an hour!!! If I can do that you can do the 4 hour from Vegas easy!!!:thumbsup:
Plus Starbucks has drive thru's now!!!

Disneyland is allways worth it. The original is the best. I'm planning a day trip from AZ as I type! DH Thinks I'm nuts!:mickey: :mickey:

Long Live the Mouse!!!

Marla
05-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Have you thought about plane-hopper's to Orange County? It might save you alot of time and with the price of fuel and rental cars maybe even some money?...just a thought:tink: