PDA

View Full Version : Can I have some suggestions for counter service meals in the parks? At POFQ?

ginams
04-04-2007, 01:09 PM
This is our first trip(my mother, myself, and my two DS ages 7 and 4). Just wondering where the best places to eat counter service meals are in the theme parks. We will have one full day at each park. We are staying at POFQ. Are the counter service choices good there? We are participating in the DDP and have some ADRs for TS meals.

Thanks, Gina

mdricks
04-04-2007, 01:31 PM
We ate at POFQ a few times last trip and the food was pretty good. Nothing like a TS at epcot but still and all pretty good.

The best tip?

Dont miss the biengets. Get them... often.

jray21
04-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Here are my recommendations. I like them all but it really depends on where I am in the park and what I am feeling like.

AK - Flame Tree BBQ
MGM - ABC Commisary (different but good)
Catalina Eddies
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons (Land Pavilion)
Tempura Kiku (Japan)
Tangierine Cafe (Morocco)
Lotus Blossom Cafe (China)
Boulangerie Patisserie (Dessert)
MK - Pinocchio Village Haus (Fantasyland)
Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station

disneymom15
04-04-2007, 01:43 PM
We like Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills, Caseys, and Harbour house at MK. ABC Commissary at MGM. Electric Umbrella at Epcot. Tusker House and McDonalds at AK.

Goofeygal
04-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Mine are

MK- Columbia Harbour House and Pecos Bills
Epcot-Electric Umbrella and Tangerine Cafe In
Moraco
MGM-The eating area by Tower of Terror and
Rock and Roller coaster (food court kind
thing)
AK-Flame Tree BBQ and Tusker House

BelleBeauty
04-04-2007, 02:20 PM
MK: My favorite is Pecos Bills (though I hear the fixins bar is not as good lately) but the interior seating is great! Cosmic Rays has a lot more variety than normal CS places in the parks, which is great.

Epcot: It really depends on what you are in the mood to eat - any of the countries have fantastic options. If you are looking for typical CS fare, go to the American pavilion to the Liberty Inn.

AK: Tusker House!

MGM: Turkey legs right near Tower of Terror (preferably right before Fantasmic!)

Natazu
04-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Jym's Top-7 Counter Service in the Parks:
7. Yorkshire Country Fish Shoppe
6. Pecos Bills
5. Casey's Corner
4. Cantina de San Angel
3. Tangierine Café
2. Cosmic Ray’s
1. Starring Rolls

JPL
04-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Here are my choices for the parks

MK: Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons or Electric Umbrella
MGM: Backlot Express
AK: Flame Tree BBQ

Note at AK avoid Restaurantasaurus at all costs :sick:

mamacatnv
04-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Since you have lots of ideas for the parks I thought I would throw in our thoughts on the POFQ food court.

We really enjoyed the food court and actually ate here often. We found it to be tasty, plentiful and reasonably priced. Here are some of the things we really liked:

Breakfast:
The made to order omelets
The Mickey Waffles
The sausage links

Lunch:
Double Bacon Cheese burger
Muffalata sandwich (warm it in the micro next to the drink station, it is much better that way)
Philly Steak sandwich
Meatball Sandwich
Hot Dog
Gumbo-(really, really good)

Dinner:
The chicken & rib platters
Spaghetti & Meatballs
Taco Salad
Chicken Ceasar salad
Jambalaya-also really good

Misc:
Milk Shakes

Have a great trip

Crow
04-05-2007, 01:55 PM
i also recommend beignets at FQ
MK-Pecos Bills
Epcot-Lotus Blossom, Kringla bakery in Norway,Fish n Chips in England,Cantina in Mexico
havent had cs in the others

Disney Doll
04-05-2007, 02:09 PM
You've got some great suggestions. I just wanted to add that the pastry shop in France, Boulangerie Patisserie, has the most delicious ham and cheese croissants in addition to all the fabulous desserts. If you get the croissants, ask to have them warmed. This is my family's favorite CS meal.

ginams
04-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Thank you all so much for the suggestions. And also thanks for the info on the food court at POFQ. I was really curious about the choices there too.

Gina

mjaclyn
04-05-2007, 03:38 PM
My CS Choices:

Magic Kingdom:
Columbia Harbour House
Cosmic Ray's

EPCOT:
Cantina De San Angel
Lotus Blossom

MGM:
ABC Commissary

Animal Kingdom:Flame Tree BBQ
Tusker House

POFQ has a great food court!

Have fun!

mook3y
04-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Thank you all so much for the suggestions. And also thanks for the info on the food court at POFQ. I was really curious about the choices there too.

Gina

The food court at POFQ was pretty good. as stated above, dont miss out on the beignets.

They have quite a few choices there. One of our favorites was the philly cheesesteaks.

They have all the standard fare: Burgers, pizza, dogs, salad, taco salad, chicken strips etc.

They also have some choices of heartier meals at dinner time. Trying to remember what I saw, I know they had pot roast once.

Also, ice cream and other desserts are available.

Don't worry... you wont go hungry. :D

murphy1
04-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Absolutes for us are:

MK - Columbia Harbour House. The food is really good and the second floor is great to escape all the bustle and hardly anyone is up there, not many people know about it.

Epcot - I still love the Boulangerie at France Pavilion also like Yorkshire Cty Fish at UK pavilion.

AK - Flame Tree BBQ or Tusker House are both really good.

MGM - My kid pick this one everytime and it's Toy Story Pizza Planet either lunch or dinner. They have a quieter second floor too.

jokat
04-06-2007, 11:31 PM
If you can, check out the Fountainview Cafe at Epcot, just to the left of the big fountain in Future World. (Hope I have the name right...it's getting past my bed time) They have the most awesome fruit croissants for breakfast!

I'd also second Tusker House in AK!

Kairi_7378
04-07-2007, 02:27 PM
The Electric Umbrella is a good choice in Epcot... close to the musical fountains. If you're staying in POFQ, you can always take a walk or a shuttle to the newly renovated food court at Riverside for a change of scene.
(The other suggestions above are also great ones!)

iceicebritney
04-08-2007, 04:15 PM
for fast food in the magic kingdom i'd recommend:
the lunching pad - has enough options for everyone from wraps and salads to hot dogs, chicken and burgers. its right by the tomorrowland speed way (race cars).
columbia harbor house - has a limited menu with chicken and a few other items, but its fun to sneak up stairs and eat. the place is designed like a boat, and my nephews and neices LOVE going upstairs and playing pirates while we eat, since most people dont know about upstairs they can run around all they want.

for fast food in MGM: i'd recommend Pizza Planet for the kids... quick meals and lots for them to play with while you catch a few mins to urself to sit down. its a fav of my fiance and i's because we love winning stuffed animals out of the craine games!

in epcot theres a lot of fast food options: if your tired of feeding your kids or yourself garbage and carbs all week, head over to the land pavillion for a more health concious choice. their food is very yummy too!

Also, if you want you can check out the different fast food options at the countries. America of course has the traditional chicken and burgers... but mexico is yummy - just make sure you understand what your ordering!

animal kingdom has by far the least amount of dining options all together. dont eat at mcdonalds, you'll be very disapointed. first of all, their french fries dont even taste like mcdonald's fries - AND the food has been sitting there all day, along with the drinks that are very watered down by the time you get them. Your best luck in there is the tusker house, very good quality for a fast food option.