TR: March 27 - April 1 - Day 2

Participants:
Trev
DG (Disney Grandma)
DS1 (Disney Son 1, the oldest, 7)
DS2 (Disney Son 2, a twin, 4)
DS3 (Disney Son 3, the other twin, 4)

Walt Disney World Day 2

My oldest son and I woke up first this morning and watched cartoons for a while as everyone
else slowly crawled out of bed. We all got ready for the day. DG had a box of powdered
donuts which she bought with a snack credit from the shop on the second floor of the GCH.
The boys were content with that of course, all three of them are donut connoisseurs. We took the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom again and I was surprised to find that the crowds were light again. I decided we all needed new hats so I bought DS1 a Goofy hat, DS2 picked a red baseball cap with Grumpy on it - it said Dwarves Fear Me, Women Want Me - very funny I thought. DS3 picked out a Pluto hat, I got a beige baseball cap that said Walt Disney World Authentic Quality with a Picture of Mickey on it and DG got a women's tennis hat with a red white and blue jeweled Mickey shape on it. We decided to split up for a while so that the twins could ride smaller rides with DG and DS1 and I could ride some bigger kid rides. So DS1 and I went on Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Alladin's Carpets, and several others (I know, we already went on these but DS1 knows what he likes, and I'm not going to deny him at Disney World!) We checked out the Laugh Floor which we both thought was very funny, I was intrigued at how the "comedians" actually interacted with the audience. Mac and Cheese were so funny. I would like to know how they do that behind the scenes. We ate lunch at Pinocchio's Village Haus and really enjoyed the food. It was somewhat crowded but not packed. DS1 had a chocolate milkshake and chicken strips and I had the grilled panini turkey sandwich. We also shared some Figaro fries which I loved but DS1 wasn't thrilled with them so I ended up eating most of them.
Later, while we stood in line to meet Stitch in Tomorrowland, we saw DG and the twins
waiting in line to meet Buzz Lightyear right across from us! So we all went back to the
Polynesian for a swim and some rest time. I took DS2 on a boat ride on one of the water mice for about 20 minutes which was fun, he loves boats and the other two just wanted to relax and watch cartoons anyway. We zipped around on the lagoon in front of the Magic Kingdom doing circles and figure eights. There was a problem with DG's room key, turns out it got corrupted when she put it near her cell phone, which I thought was odd. The Polynesian staff were very helpful in getting this resolved but it took about a half hour because our reservation file had become corrupted as well so they had to rebook our entire package. Everyone was very kind though as they worked it out, they even added 3 snack credits to our dining plan just for the hassle. Nice! Later in the early evening we went back to the Magic Kingdom and went on the Tomorrowland Speedway. DS1 drove by himself for the first time, it took some courage but he did it and I was so proud. DS3 is a huge Winnie the Pooh fan so we all went on that ride - twice! No line! We had ADRs for 8:30 PM at OHana so we went back to the resort, got ready and headed over to the restaurant. Our table wasn't ready yet so DG and the boys sat in the lounge and watched the Hawaiian style entertainment, sort of a lounge act I guess which was fun. DG and I each had a Lapu Lapu and the boys had lemonade. Finally our table was ready 10 minutes later, we had a table right at the window facing Cinderella's castle and Wishes was just about to start! Our server brought out appetizers, all of which were very good, I enjoyed the chicken wings while DG liked the shrimp. I missed the wontons and the pineapple sauce! DS1 ate 2 hot dogs! DS2 had a hot dog and DS3, our little vegetarian, had Macaroni and Cheese. The food just kept coming, turkey, steak, pork and sausage from the grill. Soon the boys were distracted by the children's parade around the restaurant and joined in. I got some great pictures of the children having a wonderful time. After that, we all went to bed, watched the Suite Life with Zach and Cody again, some cartoons and then laughed ourselves to sleep.

BronxTigger
04-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Wow! Another great day in WDW. It's nice that it has not been crowded for you, at least so far.

The idea of a 4 year old with that Grumpy hat..."women want me" ...is funny. When he gets older he will laugh at that.

January-2007
04-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Another fabulous day! So glad you got to spend a lot of time at your resort, such great amenities! That would be such a blast to do figure eights in the water all while having a view of the Magic Kingdom. Sounds like it worked out well for you all to split up so everyone could ride the rides they wanted. Another dreamy ending, watching Wishes from the restaurant. Thanks for reporting!:thumbsup:

faline
04-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Perfect table and perfect timing for your dinner at O'Hana's!

Fabulous day!

pogo
04-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Wow....... another great day.:thumbsup:

Don't you just love the Poly and the Lapu lapu's !:cloud9:

I can't wait to read more. :D

crazypoohbear
04-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Sounds like everyone is having a great time. Glad the crowds are light.

Christine
04-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Another wonderful day in paradise! You are really making me want to try the Poly!

dtootsie42
04-04-2007, 08:20 PM
wow, sounds like it was another great day! Trips like this one, I can't wait till ours in November!

dumbo ears
04-05-2007, 12:05 AM
sounded like you had fun

satchel01
04-05-2007, 02:19 PM
That happened to my card last time too after being next to my cell phone. It has also happened to my ATM card at home. Something with that magnetic strip. Yikes! they rebooked the entire trip!? Hope they didn't re-charge the ol' credit card in the process, (jk).

The hats sound adorable. Great idea!

EdwardBear
04-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks everyone for the really nice comments! I'm going through that post Disney World slump right now and posting the reports is a nice way to relive the vacation while getting back to reality. :sad:

BelleCiavo
04-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks everyone for the really nice comments! I'm going through that post Disney World slump right now and posting the reports is a nice way to relive the vacation while getting back to reality. :sad:

I know how you feel. What a great table you got!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful day.
Karen

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

larrybob
04-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the report!

BriarRose0708
04-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I know just what you mean. I have enjoyed reading your reports!

magicman
04-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Day two sounds just as full as Day one.

I've always wanted to do the little boats. Are they as fun as they look?

It sounds like the Poly is greatness. I've never been able to stay there, but someday...someday. (By the way, I'd gladly let the kids grandmother get locked out of my room for 3 extra snack credits;) :D )

You've got two great days at MK under your belt, I'm heading to day three to see what it holds.

P.S. I hope you're still fighting those urges to Google Map everything. You can do it.;)

Bethis26fan
04-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Sounds like another great day.

EdwardBear
04-16-2007, 09:23 AM
I've always wanted to do the little boats. Are they as fun as they look?

Water mice are a blast! They don't go as fast as I'd like but they really are a neat way to see another side of Disney World. :thumbsup:

imaprincess!
04-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Lucky for you that the crowds are light! :thumbsup: